8.95.1 on WeTek play: Video calibration not persistent

• Hi,

I started to test the new LE9 beta on a WeTek Play 1 and stumbled over a couple of issues. After investing two days of digging through the code and being stuck now, here the documentation of the potential bugs. I will open an individual thread for each issue:

On every restart of Kodi, the Video Calibration is lost. This holds true for rebooting, as well as for stopping and restarting Kodi via systemctl.

The install is a clean install (storage wiped completely).

The only special thing might be, that I'm using the CVBS output, by creating the file "disp_cap" in the userdata directory with the content of "576cvbs".

Maybe linked to this bug discussion:

Video calibration won’t survive a reboot (bump!) - Kodi - CoreELEC Forums

Edited 2 times, last by Sepp: Maybe linked to this bug discussion: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/video-calibration-won-t-survive-a-reboot-bump/1429/11 (December 30, 2018 at 1:48 AM).

• Workaround:

1) # systemctl stop kodi

2) edit /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

3) insert at the right position a new resolution element, e.g. something like this:

The important part is the "720x576 @ 50.00i - Full Screen" part, which is needed for 576cvbs.

4) # systemctl start kodi

Interesting enough, it seems you have to do this just once. From now on, you can do Video Calibration via the GUI and it will be stored and persists.

I consider this as a bug.

• :)

The bug is a bug (see first post). Not the workaround is a bug. It shouldn't be necessary that I have to edit guisettings.xml by hand at all.

I documented here the workaround as detailed as possible for the poor souls out there who will face the same *bug*.

• I can confirm this issue, but I was using 1080p (not CVBS). After upgrade the system now shows a black screen when Kodi launches. A mouse pointer is visible (when mouse is activated) and the mouse cursor responds to moving the air mouse (remote control). But the pointer is constrained to a rectangle which covers about 2/3 of the screen at 1080p.

In addition, the boot logo "just enough OS for kodi" is no longer centered on screen, it is in the upper left quadrant. Apparently the wrong display mode is being chosen at boot, and for this reason the contents of the primary video buffer cannot be rendered on screen.

Related posts:

[SOLVED] 480cvbs not working on LE9

Kodi starts in UHD resolution although I set only HD1080p

Edited 2 times, last by LE23 (January 1, 2019 at 1:32 PM).

• I can manually do the video calibration but it is not persistent after a reboot.

This is on an Intel NUC. (It seems fine on a PC with LibreELEC)

It is still a problem with Version 9.0.0

• It's also a big problem for me.

I reinstalled libreelec to version 9 and now the overscan settings are not persistent anymore.

Worked before though when I just updated my whole system to libreelec 9.

Edit : my old tv doesnt have overscan settings either...