General questions

• Hi,

i am new to libreelec. I used Openelec on my RP3 only as a media player. No additional add-ons or skin. Just "plug and play". It seems that Openelec has stopped the development or so. So i decided to switch. I downloaded the update .tar and put it manually into the update folder - restart and after the update everything was fine.
    After some reading here i saw the retroplayer add-on and i read that Libreelec v8 will have included the abillity to play old games. Is that right? I have not really time to install and configure the retroplayer add-on (have no keyboard on my RP3 - it is placed behind the TV).

When will Libreelec v8 released?
    How complex is the installation and configuring of the retroplayer add-on?
    Where can i get the games?

Kind regards

hlluke

P.S.: My donation number is: 1CF17222HN404822N (ok, only 2$ but more than nothing)

Edited once, last by hlluke (August 26, 2016 at 9:53 AM).

• We have no official gaming support, but the community has gaming builds here and there.
    For example, LibreELEC

When will Libreelec v8 released?

LibreELEC will follow the planning of Kodi, during which the first beta 1 has recently been released. To really know the release date of the final version will require a perfectly working crystal ball.

PS: thank you for your kind donation.

• Our website needs updating to remove references to gaming in Krypton as development has been slow and the feature(s) needed didn't make the cut for Kodi v17 .. they will carry forwards and hopefully/maybe arrive in v18. That said, there are some community created builds that bundle retroplayer or retroarch components in to make setup of things easier - have a look for @escalade's "enhanced" builds and read his release thread for instructions on where to obtain other bits. NB: If you're using RPi3 you could also swap SD cards and use Lakka directly. LE v8.0 is a way off yet :)