Cant Install Skins

• Hi

I am running LibreELEC (Jarvis 16.1) v7.0.2 on an Intel Nuc. I cannot install any skins, I love the skin Aeon Nox, but when I try to install it always stops by Studio Icons - White and then fails. I used to have this issue on openelec 7.0 beta 1,2 and 3 which is why I stayed on version 6.0.3. I tried to do it manually from Add-on:Studio Icons - White - Official Kodi Wiki but it also fails.

Please help

• "Cannot install any skins" Seems there is something basically wrong with your current setup.

Make necessary backups, and do a fresh install of LibreELEC. Do not install any of your normal 'fuzzy' addons, only install the Aeon NOX skin. If that goes wrong, come back here with a debug-enabled kodi.log uploaded to sprunge.us or pastebin.com .

• Thanks, I manually downloaded and installed Studio Icons - White from resource.images.studios.white and I could get my skin to work, however as soon as I added profiles with login, then this stopped working! I had to do a clean install by formating etc and again once I apply profiles with login it stops working! If however I leave it on to go into last profile that it was, it goes in no problem. The other thing I cannot do when I have profiles is change from one to the other, I have to switch off and the on again and then it goes in.

• Skins are installed from the Kodi repo, so the Studio Icons aspect is not a LibreELEC specific issue. The profiles issue should be tested on a current alpha build and if the same issue exists in Krypton it can be reported to Kodi devs via the Kodi forums. You can report it for Jarvis too, but since all Kodi activity moved to Krypton months ago nothing will happen.

• Okay, I will try with the Krypton Alpha and then get back, the problem is that this seems to only be a problem on the Generic Build of openelec and Libreelec. I have recently installed Kodi on my Mac and do not get any of these errors.

• I use the lastest stable generic build with the Aeon Nox skin and those icons. I have multiple Libreelec systems. I recenty reinstalled one of my systems and encountered no problems. Libreelec and Openelec are case sensitive, this can be a problem if you don't install the skin from the original Kodi repro. If the images are not packed, they are not recognized if there is a case difference.

Did you try the backup, reset and not restore. If it works without restore (with resetted settings) something is wrong in your configuration or one of your addons.

Edited once, last by Bloksel (August 26, 2016 at 11:09 AM).

• Okay, so this is what I have done so far!

1. Downloaded and installed the latest alpha version of Libreelec from here LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.004.img.gz

2. Downloaded and installed the latest Aeon Nox Skin repo from here repository.aeon.nox.silvo-1.0.3.zip

3. Installed the Repo and tried to download the skin, however this failed due to a dependancy on Studio Icons - White, I manually downloaded it from here resource.images.studios.white

4. Install the skin.

5. Change that profile does not go into last login but have to login option.

6. Reboot.

7. Login and immediately the screen goes black and stays there.

This works on kodi for Mac without any problems, so not sure why it is not working here. It also works on openelec 6.0.3. I have downloaded KodiBuntu and am going to test that. I would however prefer to use LibreElec so please help me to sort this out.

• Aeon Nox is available from the official Kodi repo, so there's no need for custom repo locations unless you want to be on the bleeding edge of untested Kodi development (in which case black screens and bugs are self-inflcited and not our concern). Go add it from the official source.

• I also don't understand the special repro part? And try to reset the settings (after backupping them ofcourse) in the Libreelec addon to see if it works then.