hardware limitation or fault?

• I have this T95m tv box, android, Android 6.0, 905x, and 1gb ram...

pp_366023.html

Lets skip to much intro talk :)

Almost every 1080i 29,97fps Video Im getting macro blocking like once in a minute, never on 1080p 23,976 fps....

WHY? It should be an OK box to play 1080 resolution videos, good reveiews...

tried many LE version same thing...

Hdmi cable?

resolution problem, as the TV is a 1366x768 pixel one...

Tried it directty to TV and via a receiver, same thing..

Maybee should try on a 1080p TV, but could that really be the problem?

• ouch, Im sorry, didnt think the first one did post.... keep this one, remove the other one please....

To me it seems it must be some hardware problem, how come otherwise only 1080i is affected?

My settings in LE Kodi are always simple, no iternet, no logging, always playing from external harddrives.....

Just wundering if the resolution can be the problem, playing 1080i videos on 1366x768 TV, strange thing is my other s905 box does it fine......

Its timeconsuming trying to narrow it down...

If anyone have some tip, I will try, Next step for me will be connect it to a 1080p TV, even if I dont think thats the reason...

• I've seen the same issue on 1080i content. Try disabling deinterlacing in Kodi and see if that resolves. I've also seen HW decoding causing it. You might look at the video codec stats when you are playing a 1080i video and see what your CPU is running. I've chased this problem for a few weeks and have resolved for now by disabling deinterlacing and upgrading to the latest v9 alpha release. This is with the generic build software running on an Intel NUC. There have been other 1080i Kodi playback issue threads.

• ok, thanks, will try disable deinterlacing first, then check cpu....

disable HW decoding wil probably not be an option as I think the CPU load will be to high.

I need 24 bits audio also on this box, so I need to stick with wrxtasy:s version: LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img, as for what I know this is the only version with 24 bits audio to a S905 box...

Thanks...

• Deinterlaced is greyed out, and if I turn of HW decoding, then cpu load must be really hight as the video stuuters poor now,,,, so cant try those settings...

I guess I have to accept is only plays 23.976 1080p, and not 1080i 29.97....... better accept it then laying 10 more hours trying to find the issue....

I just thought a S905X box like the T95m was capable of playing those files without macroblocking, but no problems, I accept it :)