Posts by hundrakg

ok, I dont understand where the: add the decode... line to /flash/config.txt. is?

Could you show me please where in the config file to add the decode_WVC1=0x00000000

for example here is where i did add the codecs in my Rpi3b NR1 and it works, bit this is with the LE 11.0.3:

[all]
    ################################################################################
    # Use distroconfig-composite.txt instead of distroconfig.txt to enable
    # composite video output.
    # The composite video mode needs to be configured in cmdline.txt:
    # For PAL add: video=Composite-1:720x576@50ie
    # For NTSC add: video=Composite-1:720x480@60ie
    ################################################################################
    include distroconfig.txt
    #include distroconfig-composite.txt
    decode_MPG2=0x00000000
    decode_WVC1=0x00000000

# uncomment to enable analog audio output
    #dtparam=audio=on
    #audio_pwm_mode=1

# uncomment to enable infrared remote receiver connected to GPIO 18
    #dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=18

Could you please show me where to add it please

for example, on the 8.25. and 9.2.8 you simply put it here, save it and it works:

# License keys to enable GPU hardware decoding for various codecs
    # to obtain keys visit the shop at http://www.raspberrypi.com

# decode_MPG2=0x00000000
    decode_WVC1=0x00000000

BUT the above text is not in the 11.0.6 config file, so where do i add the decode_WVC1=0x00000000

Hi, I have 3 of the Rpi 3 B+, 2 of them have no problem decoding VC-1 HW with LE 11.0.3

Now I wanted to try the 3rd Rpi 3 B+ with LE 11.0.6, it only stutters, I have the same setting in all...

Is there some changes to the latest 11.0.6 so it wont allow VC-1 HW decoding? cause it works in the 11.0.3

My VC-1 video files are 1080P and they have no problems running in LE 8.25 or 9.2.8 or 11.0.3 but not with the 11.0.6, why?

My VC-1 codecs are bought from Rasperri pi store..

Could it be so that I have forgotten how to add them right in the config file?

In the LE 8.2.5 and LE 9.2.8 you simply overwrite the #decode_WVC1=0x00000000 with decode_WVC1=0x00000000, then save and it works, but in LE 11.0.6 I dont know where in the config file to put the decode_WVC1=0x00000000?

Simple answer is omxplayer is ancient and its replacements have had far more recent work on them including support for new features.

MMAL is still ancient (but a little less so). On Pi4 and Pi5 you can't use HBR audio passthrough (DTS-HD, TrueHD) with MMAL, but you can with the latest interfaces (arm side ALSA, and V4L2/DRM for video).

OK, but will Rpi5 be able to decode Dts hd ma and True hd to PCM 5.1 96Khz? from a 1080i H264 Video

There is only support for 48khz 5.1 audio on Rpi3

For example if I play a MKV H264 1080i Video with 5.1 96khz audio(Dts hd ma or True hd) the Rpi3 will output PCM 5.1 48khz only, will the Rpi5 be able to output PCM 5.1 96khz?

Ive just read som threads and it seems the Rpi3 can handle pcm 5.1 @ 96khz via HDMI...... what am I missing...

In audio settings I only change to 5.1, do I have to enable/disable something elese??

I have to enable omxplayer to be able to play my 1080i videos 59,94hz without struggle, is there maybee a limit for the omxplayer to only support 48khz with 5.1 sound.... I cant try with mmal as it struggles with playing my videos correct..

Update, really strange, did all the setting you said, but strangly Kodi play back the video perfect 50% and choppy 50% of the times I try.

For example, I start the Video, plays perfect even 2 hours straight, but if I paus the video, and hit play it gets choopy, then paus it again it plays perfect....... same if I stop the video then play again, 50% perfect and 50% choppy,,, whats going on?

It sure has something to do with Interlaced video and how Kodi handles it

No problems what so ever so far with progresive video

Did you set up Whitelist?

And is 25fps in that list?

Maybe your display wont support 25fps, my Sony LED tv dont.

Yes I did try with 25fps and 50 fps with double frames allowed, same problems, and YES I can see 25 fps in whitelist, if that means my TV support it or not I have no idea