why no 24hz support?

• I have som older PC:s with older nvidia Graphics cards, GT530, GT620, GT 730 and GTX 660, none of them support 24hz 1080p playback smooth, In LE whitelist there is no 1080p 24hz. My new OLED LG tv is not to blame so it must be the older graphics cards not supporting this refreshrate. did try LE generic legacy 12.01, and LE generic 8.2.5.

Or did I miss something to try?

No problem with Rpi3, supports 24hz.

Its no big deal but still annoying. is there a way to get the jerky playback less, some settings to try?

• This is the custom /storage/.config/xorg.conf that I used to use with a GT520M: https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/xorg.chewitt

The main point is "NoEdidModes" to ignore what the TV reports over HDMI and then hardcode the modelines. The original reason for doing this is to increase the accuracy of the fractional rates (23.976, 29.97, 59.94) as Xorg default calculates to 2x decimal places and this results in occasional skipping, and increasing this to 4x decimal places with fractional rates improves modeline accuracy. It will not eliminate skipping, but it will happen less frequently - to a level where it's rarely noticeable.

The modelines in that file are based on what I saw reported on that specific TV, so no guarantees they will work on your TV, but you can crib the format and experiment with likely values that you see in the systemd journal with Xorg started in debug mode.