difference between LE generic 8.2.5, generic 9.2.6 and generic legacy 12.0.1, the way they handle 1080i videos?

• Hi, i have an older PC with a GTX 660 graphics card inside, noticed once yesterday when playing a H264 1080i video 29,97fps with LE generic 8.2.5, it did freeze once.... did restart my PC, worked after that.... I tried other 1080i videos and it seemed to play it fine,, Ive also tried generic 9.2.6 and generic legacy 12.0.1, they also seemed to handle 1080i videos ok... They all seem to use VDPAU as HW decoder...

My 2 questions are:

Is there any difference between how these 3 version handle 1080i Videos with HW decoder? they all use VDPAU

What is Legacy?

(just want to know wich version to use, if any is better then the other)

• "The Generic image uses GBM/V4L2 graphics stack and supports HDR/HDR10/HLG with recent AMD and Intel GPUs. The Generic-Legacy image runs X11 graphics stack and does not support HDR. Use Generic-Legacy if:

• You need support for nVidia GPUs
    • You need support for the Chrome Browser add-on
    • You see graphical glitches on older hardware, e.g. NUC 6th Gen

Intel and AMD hardware can switch between Generic/Generic-Legacy versions. Note that Generic (GBM) uses OpenGLES while Generic-Legacy (X11) uses OpenGL so visualiser and screensaver add-ons need to be removed and reinstalled when switching. You also need to clear the package cache in /storage/.kodi/addons/packages else reinstalling reuses the (wrong) cached package instead of downloading from the LibreELEC repo."