Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ?

• Why is the SMB server so slow in these more recent builds? I’m running an older celeron on LibreElec 17.6 and am maxing out the bandwidth to my external drive bay. When I try a newer Matrix build on the N4020 box I have my transfer speeds to my drive bay are halved.

• Update:

NUC8i5INH with radeon graphics - doesn't play, blank screen same as previous builds

Hmm, I'll have to double check this. I use a NUC8i7HNK as my daily and last I tested it worked, maybe I borked something or the LibreELEC builds aren't working correctly.

If you disable the HDR mode in settings -> player -> video -> processing -> "allow hdr mode"

• Hmm, I'll have to double check this. I use a NUC8i7HNK as my daily and last I tested it worked, maybe I borked something or the LibreELEC builds aren't working correctly.

If you disable the HDR mode in settings -> player -> video -> processing -> "allow hdr mode"

tbh i didn't really check it for more than 3 reboots. I don't use it as the 11 gen i5's replaced those, i just pulled it out of the cupboard for testing purposes to report back :)

I'll check it again this week..hopefully............

I don't think i've seen that setting before in previous builds, must be new. Actually I just checked and can't see it at all, am I on crack?

I remember I got it working by disabling the drm_prime codec but that kinda defeated the purpose of using these builds ;)

cheers mate

Why is the SMB server so slow in these more recent builds? I’m running an older celeron on LibreElec 17.6 and am maxing out the bandwidth to my external drive bay. When I try a newer Matrix build on the N4020 box I have my transfer speeds to my drive bay are halved.

don't use smb it sucks hard. especially if you're trying to stream 4k content over wireless instead of gigabit cable.

donkeys ago i did that but replaced smb/cifs with NFS and it increased the wireless link speed enough to stream most 4k over wireless but i was still messing around with advancedsettings.xml and buffering and what not. Eventually I had enough of random skipping and pauses then busted out the hammer drill and ran cat 7 to the nucs in my joint.

Long story short now i just press the play button and relax.

Edited once, last by CvH: Merged a post created by libreAU into this post. (September 28, 2021 at 11:12 AM).

• The SMB server feature works really well for me and does exactly what I need it to- host an external 8 drive bay of media in my house. There's nothing critical on it to be backed up and for watching movies around my house it's absolutely fine.

My point was that since Libreelec 17.6 I've found the SMB server feature to be incredibly slow. With 17.6 I commonly get >100KBPS speeds on my gigabit network, anything >17.6 I'm lucky to get 50KBPS. That's with USB 3.0, eSata, etc. Doesn't seem to matter. I'd like to be able to just host everything on the HP 430 Thin Client, but it would be slow. It should be just as fast or faster than my N3700 running Libreelec.

Then again I could just install something like OpenMediaVault on the N3700 but it seems pointless if all I'm doing is hosting individual disks. I could always do spanned drives or something with it I guess.

• Yeah I have mine on Passthrough mode and it still has issues. Only happens on files with AC3 audio that outputs max 2.0

anything with DDP and Atmos works fine.

• whoa i didn't mean to offend anyone, maybe i should construct my sentences better. All i mean't was, from experience, i have the best performance gains using NFS instead of samba or in particular windows message block protocol which i find sucky.

All good mates :thumbup: :thumbup:

• whoa i didn't mean to offend anyone, maybe i should construct my sentences better. All i mean't was, from experience, i have the best performance gains using NFS instead of samba or in particular windows message block protocol which i find sucky.

All good mates :thumbup: :thumbup:

I doubt anyone’s offended. SMB performance can be quite good, especially if you’re reading and writing from Windows based computers, All the drives in my Mediasonic bay are formatted in ext4. Being that I’m maxing out a gigabit connection I don’t really see much need to change anything.

I’m just wondering why SMB performance is so bad for me on any LibreElec build later than 17.6.

• ok english is not my first language. Most people don't get australian:thumbup:

Have you tried connecting to your Media sonic using a different version of the SMB protocol ? Change the minimum SMB version to SMBv2 in Settings/Services/SMB Client (use Expert mode for settings)

Or even better turn of smb v1 on your media sonic doobalacky

Gone off topic but all good ^^

• ok english is not my first language. Most people don't get australian:thumbup:

Have you tried connecting to your Media sonic using a different version of the SMB protocol ? Change the minimum SMB version to SMBv2 in Settings/Services/SMB Client (use Expert mode for settings)

Or even better turn of smb v1 on your media sonic doobalacky

Gone off topic but all good ^^

This is with Libreelec as the SMB server, not as the client.

• Hi all,

I have installed this version on a Beelink Celeron J4125 machine, and it is simply awesome. Thanks for your work. HDR works flawlessly, and a 4K video that makes a much more powerful Windows machine cough, plays really smoothly.

I have an issue and a question though.

1) On connecting to a new Wi-Fi network or pair a new Bluetooth device, the OS restarts itself repeatedly. After some trying, I was able to enter the Wi-Fi password and connect, but it took several attempts. Is it a known issue or specific to my machine? Can you recommend a fix or a workaround?

2) My question is that if smp creates a new build, is it possible to update my current version to that? Is a Kodi backup needed for that?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

All the best,

Gábor (from Hungary)

• So plot thickens the audio issues I am having is only if I set passthrough to on or have output set to "Best Match".

If I switch to Fixed then audio works but then 2.0 is played at 5.1 of course which I dont like.

• Hi all,
    i'm new to this thread and want to apologize in advence, if this is the wrong place to ask.
    Using an old NUC over many years i'm now at the point of wanting to play 4k/HDR+.

Have read many threads at different places and most of the tell me: not working with kodi on linux/libreelec.
    So i'm confused. Will it work?
    NUC10i7FNKN would be my choice. Can i play 4K HDR+ content on this device with libreelec?
    thanx in advance

• With official libreelec builds - not just yet. With the build that I posted here - yes.

Why NUC10 and why i7? Get something based on Tiger Lake SoC (e.g. NUC11 i3).

Just because it is available here at the moment.
    Is i3 enough CPU power for "the future"?

• Just because it is available here at the moment.
    Is i3 enough CPU power for "the future"?

Just a heads up that the 11th gen (tiger lake) i3 does *not* have IrisXe graphics decode, e.g. no AV1 decode support; This limits the 'future-proofing' quite a bit (depending on who you ask). Only the i5 and higher have Iris.