Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ?

• smp if you get a chance can you please give my branch here a test? I've reworked many things including how the HDR code is handled. This code should be in good shape to get merged into kodi master eventually. Note that it contains the needed vaapi changes and the multilayer handling PR. Commits · lrusak/xbmc · GitHub

I've tested it on my Gemini lake NUC and it seems to work so far. I'll test on my AMD vega-m when I can (it's my normal workstation so I have to physically move it to my HDR tv downstairs).

• smp if you get a chance can you please give my branch here a test? I've reworked many things including how the HDR code is handled. This code should be in good shape to get merged into kodi master eventually. Note that it contains the needed vaapi changes and the multilayer handling PR. Commits · lrusak/xbmc · GitHub

I've tested it on my Gemini lake NUC and it seems to work so far. I'll test on my AMD vega-m when I can (it's my normal workstation so I have to physically move it to my HDR tv downstairs).

Do you know why there could be issues with NUC6 and newer builds that break multi channel output? Kodi only outputs 2.0 on all files.

• More on the Sep 4th build-

As I said, I don’t get any UI (navigation) sounds unless I turn Keep audio device alive on. Also, under the resolution options I have entries like this-

1920x1080p sbs 60.00Hz. What does the “sbs” stand for? I also have some resolutions with “tab” next to it.

Lastly, this build is locking up with some of the Widevine requiring addons like Prime Video, etc.

• More on the Sep 4th build-

As I said, I don’t get any UI (navigation) sounds unless I turn Keep audio device alive on. Also, under the resolution options I have entries like this-

1920x1080p sbs 60.00Hz. What does the “sbs” stand for? I also have some resolutions with “tab” next to it.

Lastly, this build is locking up with some of the Widevine requiring addons like Prime Video, etc.

Any chance you’re using Gemini lake hardware? I’ve lost UI sounds on LE10.

• actually it still happens on some files.

here is debug log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

smp  lrusak

• Hey mate, I managed to get a couple of these for $45! Mine have N4000 not N4030 CPU, and I can't get LE 10 or even LE9 to run... keeps crashing in a loop on both. Oh well, at least I didn't waste too much cash...

I wonder if the chipset has anything to do with it?

• Hello @all,

I've a (dumb?) question: should 4K HDR @ J5005 (Gemini Lake) work with these dev-builds even if there is a "Displayport to HDMI 2.0 converter cable/adapter" used to connect the TV?

Background: My Device [Dell Wyse 5070 ThinClient, Intel Pentium J5005 (Gemini Lake) with UHD 605, 4GB RAM, no internal storage - only USB Flash Drive] does not have any HDMI-Ports (only a bunch of Displayports). I tried smp's dev-build from 04 july (post #807) with a "Displayport to HDMI 2.0 cable, 4K@60Hz" (CSL 63407) but if I start playing 4K HDR content the TV does not switch to HDR-mode (+ TV's Info-Page keeps saying "4K SDR") and the colours look somehow "greyish"/totally wrong (compared to regular 1080p/4K content).

Did I miss a required setting? Does it make sense to buy another Displayport to HDMI 2.0 adapter/converter?

(Sidenote: I have another device with a AMD Radeon RX550 which plays 4K HDR on TV perfectly fine, but that one is running Win10 with official Kodi - above tests were my first attempts to use LibreELEC.)

Nothing meaningful for me, but maybe someone can draw conclusions from the EDID output? (Only /sys/class/drm/card0-DP-3/edid had content, though I used the "1st" Displayport - at least according to the chassis labels.)

Display Spoiler