Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ?

• NUC6AYH has HDMI 2.0 port (MCDP2800 LSPCON), J3455 Apollo Lake SoC with Gen9 Graphics. It should be capable to support HDR in Linux.

Windows HDR support is irrelevant, Gemini Lake also doesn't support HDR in Windows.

On my NUC6CAYS build from Post 502 works for HDR but like others it sometimes goes to blank screen.

HDR dont work if I select passthrough audio though.

• NUC6AYH has HDMI 2.0 port (MCDP2800 LSPCON), J3455 Apollo Lake SoC with Gen9 Graphics. It should be capable to support HDR in Linux.

Windows HDR support is irrelevant, Gemini Lake also doesn't support HDR in Windows.

Apologies for the later reply, bit limited in time and now it is weekend so now had some more time:

I can confirm NUC6AYH does work with HDR now with the latest build from RE: Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ? (post 502)

I did a brief test on my NUC7i3 with the same build hooked up to my receiver - had to fiddle around a bit in the settings but I managed to get pass-through working (too). I had True-HD Audio and HDR working on it. I have not tested for long, because unfortunately the TVHeadend server on the build isnt working (requires a kernel-module which is not there - most likely due to the kernel-change?) and I needed to watch some TV :)

So all in all splendid work ! Lets hope this is a viable solution when the final release comes in for LibreElec 10 :)

• Apologies for the later reply, bit limited in time and now it is weekend so now had some more time:

I can confirm NUC6AYH does work with HDR now with the latest build from RE: Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ? (post 502)

I did a brief test on my NUC7i3 with the same build hooked up to my receiver - had to fiddle around a bit in the settings but I managed to get pass-through working (too). I had True-HD Audio and HDR working on it. I have not tested for long, because unfortunately the TVHeadend server on the build isnt working (requires a kernel-module which is not there - most likely due to the kernel-change?) and I needed to watch some TV :)

So all in all splendid work ! Lets hope this is a viable solution when the final release comes in for LibreElec 10 :)

did passthrough work on your NUC6?

• I have not tested for long, because unfortunately the TVHeadend server on the build isnt working (requires a kernel-module which is not there - most likely due to the kernel-change?) and I needed to watch some TV

Yes, Tvheadend that was compiled for X11 version of LE doesn't work.

I compiled Tvheadend 4.2 and 4.3 that will work with my builds.

tvheadend42

tvheadend43

• did passthrough work on your NUC6?

Unfortunately my NUC6 is not connected to my receiver . I will try and find some time to do that to test it. Since it is currently only connected to my TV I can't verify that yet :/

It did work on my NUC7 tho.

• did passthrough work on your NUC6?

Since it is raining figured I would go on with this :)

The NUC6 also supports Pass-through for me. I tested it with HDR file with BT2020 and True-HD passthrough popped up on the receiver.

Yes, Tvheadend that was compiled for X11 version of LE doesn't work.

I compiled Tvheadend 4.2 and 4.3 that will work with my builds.

tvheadend42

tvheadend43

Confirmed, tvheadend42 works - thanks again !

Edited once, last by lejose: Merged a post created by lejose into this post. (March 27, 2021 at 8:20 AM).

• Since it is raining figured I would go on with this :)

The NUC6 also supports Pass-through for me. I tested it with HDR file with BT2020 and True-HD passthrough popped up on the receiver.

Confirmed, tvheadend42 works - thanks again !

good news :)

But if those patches dont make it in LE10 then bit sad as we have to rely on smp which aint great for him haha or build our own.

• But if those patches dont make it in LE10 then bit sad as we have to rely on smp which aint great for him haha or build our own.

Why won't it make it to the LE10 builds? I'm happy to test but in the end I prefer to go back to the original releases and follow their update cycle instead of relying on SMP. Would be a shame to consider replacing this NUC (7i5) if if it has the ability to work but not with the official build.

• Why won't it make it to the LE10 builds? I'm happy to test but in the end I prefer to go back to the original releases and follow their update cycle instead of relying on SMP. Would be a shame to consider replacing this NUC (7i5) if if it has the ability to work but not with the official build.

lrusak confirmed the patches to make it work on NUC6 and NUC7 wont be in official LE10.

If we want to use official and get HDR we would need newer NUCs. Maybe NUC8 and newer but not sure.

• Very sad to hear. :(

The GBM/V4L2 pipeline has probably been actively used on about 10% of the overall range of x86_64 hardware that users probably have. Some of that percentage will be low-risk, but we're expecting a fair number of quirks to surface. So you might be in a rush to use an "official" image instead an otherwise working fine "community" image, but LE10 already impacts 85% of our userbase (RPi) so Generic is in the queue and will have its day (along with the likely end of nVidia support) but some more elapsed time is a good thing. We're not in a rush.