Posts by Raven

because LE10 still uses ye olde Xorg for the Generic image and all these patches are aimed at the GBM/V4L2 pipeline we are not (yet) using. Until we make the switch, community created images are the well-proven approach to testing things.

Thanks for your explanation.

So basically all x86 hardware doesn't support HDR until LE10.2 or probably L11/K20. So it's either use the Windows version or these community builds or Rpi4

But if those patches dont make it in LE10 then bit sad as we have to rely on smp which aint great for him haha or build our own.

Why won't it make it to the LE10 builds? I'm happy to test but in the end I prefer to go back to the original releases and follow their update cycle instead of relying on SMP. Would be a shame to consider replacing this NUC (7i5) if if it has the ability to work but not with the official build.

I remember that if you need to set the options for the DTS, Dolby Digital, etc you need to turn on Advanced View. Perhaps you're still using Basic settings and then they are not visible

You are right.

Apologies! I've been upgrading several clients and forgot to turn it back on this machine.

Just tested it and HDR still works

However 'allow passthrough' doesn't seem to work with this build. I can turn it on but but missing all the options like DTS, Dolby etc to turn it on/off. Didn't had an issue with the 1st build I tested. And when I restore my backup which I made from the first build it does work again. And I'm still on the same build version (*32b3089). I take it it shouldn't be an issue to restore my backup, right?

btw thanks for you help again.

Can you try a build from this post? It was compiled with drm-tip kernel, it include HDR support commits for LSPCON chips.

Yes, that one is working.
    Haven't tested it properly yet though but I did saw the HDR icon show up on my tv.

But for future reference/updates which version of this should I be on the lookout. Because there are several builds in this topic?

Thanks, I just tested and ran the live/run version on USB.

However I don't get any HDR output on my tv.
    When I run Kodi in Windows my tv does recognized the HDR input so I would assume there is nothing wrong my connection setup (nuc -> onkyo -> tv)

I have a Nuc i5 (NUC7i5BNB)

Onkyo TX-NR676E

Samsung Q90

Hi,

Maybe a silly question but how can I check if HDR is working correctly? Or let me rephrase I suspect it's not working in my case.

Because when I check my TV settings I usually can see if a HDR source is detected. However when I uselibreelec I don't see the HDR icon on my TV. But the screen looks ok prior to this version HDR content usually looked like it had too much white in it but I can't see any of that.

When I use Kodi install via Windows I can play the same HDR content without any issues. And in this scenario my TV does detect the HDR source (because it shows a hdr icon). I also see in the kodi settings under video a toggle to turn off/on hdr which I don't see in the Libreelec version.

Specs

I tested with a NUC dual boot libreelec beta and windows 10 / kodi install.

Onky TX-NR676E receiver
    Samsung Q90 tv

Hi,

I've have problem that I can't skip forward (30secs or 10mins) or backwards at recorded content I made via my PVR. This used to work fine with Krypton and I believe it also worked fine during the beta's

• Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
    • RPi2.arm-8.95.003
    • See attachement
    • Record content with a PVR (like OpenATV) or via PVR addon. Play movie via Kodi menu TV -> Recordings menu and then try to skip forward small increments (left arrow) or big increments (up arrow). Same issue applies when skipping back.

However I do notice that not every recorded content has this problem. In my debug log you can see that I tried several examples and only the last file I was able to skip forward again. Other recorded movies just kept on playing. I don't have any issues playing normal video files via the movie/tv-show library and I can also play the files via file browser (also the affected on)

I hope I gave you enough info to tackle this problem. This problem does not occur on a normal Kodi installation on my Windows system using the same recorded files.

Files

• Log.zip

(482.14 kB, downloaded 91 times, last: )