Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ?

• And therefore likely do not even enable pass thru audio.

I just installed LE 9.2.6 on the box but since that build doesn't have the updated kernel so therefore I can't access my network so copying a movie to a thumbdrive right now to test out. Will report back what I find.

EDIT:

Pass thru audio not working properly with LE 9.2.6 either. Same issue. I wonder if this is an issue related to the ODROID H2+ then. Can the peeps who have the NUC7's confirm no audio issues going on there?

Edited once, last by pletopia (December 6, 2020 at 11:41 PM).

• smp you said you don't use an AVR. So you just use your tv's speakers?

In my testing today. I can confirm the audio glitch is present in the September build too. Its only present if you bitstream your audio. If i disable pass-thru audio it works flawlessly however if i enable it i get random audio glitches of either missing audio for a half second (one time it occurred even for longer) or occasionally i get a "pop". I've never come across this before with any other hardware or software. My next test will be to just install a stock LE image on this hardware and see if it occurs too.

I got my NUC connected to use a AVR Onkyo TX-SR608 and the second HDMI cable from the nuc connected to the TV and the audio works perfect i tried DTS TRUE HD and DTS HD MASTER , DOLBY Digital +. There must be something with your cable or something else because the LibreELEC-GBM.x86_64-9.80 build works for me.

• Twooter It is not the cable as I use the same setup (including cables) with a Vero 4k+ and no audio issues. I just unplug the ODROID's network and HDMI cable and plug in the Vero. Using 2 seperate cables, on for audio and one for video is not an ideal setup when you also have other peripheral devices so I will not even entertain that kind of setup.

smp that looks exactly like the issue i'm noticing.

• So, on the NUC7PJYH the HDR works but I have problems with DTS-HD audio (sometimes I hear some annoying clicks from the speakers and I must be honest, they also scared me) while unfortunately on the other NUC NUC10i7FNH the HDR does not work.

I think your experiencing the same audio issue I am. Its either audio drops out or occasionally will be a loud pop.

• i don't understand why you guys use 2 HDMI's .. one to tv and one to receiver. Does your receiver not have HDMI out to TV? The whole point of receivers is to plug in all your devices to it and then it to your TV. That way you don't have to change inputs on both TV and receiver when you want to change from say the NUC to a PS/XBox for example.

• i don't understand why you guys use 2 HDMI's .. one to tv and one to receiver. Does your receiver not have HDMI out to TV? The whole point of receivers is to plug in all your devices to it and then it to your TV. That way you don't have to change inputs on both TV and receiver when you want to change from say the NUC to a PS/XBox for example.

I have a old recevier that support DTS-HD and DTS MASTER HD but not 4K and HDR. So i connect the tv to get HDR and 4k and to the receiver to get HBR that means DTS-HD and DTS Master HD.

• So looks like under windows my ODROID H2+ won't enable HDR at all. States my display is not HDR capable. Enters HDR mode in LE but has the audio issue .. got to love intel :rolleyes:

I just purchased a DP -> HDMI cable. Will see if the audio issue is present via that connection too.

Edited once, last by pletopia (December 25, 2020 at 6:59 PM).

• So looks like under windows my ODROID H2+ won't enable HDR at all. States my display is not HDR capable. Enters HDR mode in LE but has the audio issue .. got to love intel :rolleyes:

I just purchased a DP -> HDMI cable. Will see if the audio issue is present via that connection too.

Pretty sure Intel have intentionally nerfed the Windows drivers for Apollo Lake :(