RockPi4 support?

• LKML will have *everything* being submitted along with Q&A messages. If you're only interested in Rockchip patches, patchwork is easier:

Rockchip SoC list - Patchwork

Nothing for RockPi4 visible yet.

Thanks buddy,

I will keep an eye out over there and keep periodically asking about when Radxa will start the upstream process. This seems to be a competitively priced RK3399 board (for the UK at least) so would be awesome if the pieces can fall in the right place for this to get official support. I get that won't happen without upstreaming so for now I will keep my fingers crossed.

Regards

• Rockchip SoC list - Patchwork

^ that's a good start to the year, although these things usually take a few iterations before being accepted.

That's a nice little present going into the new year 👍

I hope it gets accepted quickly as then I presume it will open up the board to more potential distro's like LibreElec much more easily.

Have you had a chance to look through the initial patch at all? I presume you are going to wait until the final version is accepted, but based on this initial patch, it is "miles different" or "somewhat similar" to other rk3399 based boards?

Regards,

Ravi

• I didn't look (and have no plan to either) but I doubt it's wildly different. Despite all manufacturers claiming their product is unique it's in their own interests (for software support) to not diverge far from the reference designs.

Fair enough,

Thanks for the quick reply!

• I am brand new to rockpi , bought myself rockpi 4B v1.3,, and wanted to run libreelec on it.

I've sseenin the telegram group that someone has tried a generic rk3399 build. There are some issues so it's not yet daily driver ready but it boots.

You will see from this thread that once the required code is mainlined into Linux kernel, it will eventually get LibreElec support.

Lastly, LibreElec support for rk chip based SBC's will be in alpha stage for longer than other development work for LibreElec 9 as the team are focused on upgrading the kernel from 4.4 to 4.20 I believe.

From what I understand, all the signs are that this board will eventually get LibreElec support but it will be a bit of a waiting game.

• I've got some docments from rockchip official site,and i will try it late. thank your reply.

Hi all, I was the one I tried LibreElec alpha version for rock960 board into my rockpi board.

The performance seems good, though video it's getting freeze sometimes as well as no eth nor wifi are available/recognised.

I had used a USB wifi device to get network.

Waiting for someone who enlight me about whether it's feasible install additional drivers in LibreElec to take advantage from GHz feature over integrated WiFi chipset.

Regards.

Doc.

• how long does Libreelec take to compile. The host system is a Core2Duo with 16GB RAM Cloud server.I started compiling before I got off work, and I still haven't compiled it after I fell asleep.

Why is compilation so slow?

• An Intel Core i7 with 4x cores and SSD takes around 3.5 hours. First time compile will be significantly longer as sources for the 380+ packages used need to be downloaded. If your Internet connection isn't quick..

I want to add a rockpi4B project to libreelec, what do I need to do?

• Hello Tom. Our Rockchip codebase is in the process of being rebased against the Linux 4.20 kernel so please submit the working device-tree etc. to the upstream kernel first. If we see changes going upstream it becomes acceptable to add temporary patches to support your board. If we don't see any effort to upstream support our developers are unlikely to show interest. Thanks.

Hi,

I've been keeping an eye on this and seen on the second patch in the comments that this will be applied for Linux Kernel 5.1 if I'm understanding it right?

[v2] arm64: dts: rockchip: add ROCK Pi 4 DTS support - Patchwork

I'm just wondering what the next stage would be for this board? I have one on order so as was suggested last month, I will try other genetic LibreElec builds for RK3399 and report back. I think one or two others are already starting to do this so hopefully in time this board will eventually be fully supported.