8.90.006 & music visualizations

• I'm seeing the behavior where nearly all music visualizations are 'broken' with the alpha 8.90.006... however I'm not sure which area I should post in? It seems like it could be a problem with either the plug-ins & kodi beta3, just beta 3, or just libreelec?

But there is at least *one* (simple) viz that does work... ? (broken ones include projectM, shaderToy)

• There are *known* issues with some visualizations. Most of the time updating resolves the issue. However, as these addons are not developed by LE, you should post any issues with the addon developer.

If you still have issues:

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • I get

Code
    ERROR: CBinaryAddonManager::GetInstalledAddonInfo: Requested addon 'visualization.projectm' unknown as binary

But it just shows a black screen like the other visualisation plugins.

VSXU gives an error message

Code
    ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/visualization.vsxu/visualization.vsxu.so.1.1.0, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/visualization.vsxu/visualization.vsxu.so.1.1.0: undefined symbol: jpeg_resync_to_restart
  • Oh never mind - I figured out what the problem was.

I updated LibreELEC to the latest development snapshot, but the plugins were not updated with it.

When I re-compile all the visualization plugins to match the version of the LE snapshot and manually install the freshly build zip

Code
    PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 scripts/create_addon visualization.*

(plugins are in target/addons/9.0/Generic/x86_64)

Well VSXU is still broken, but ProjectM works.

• I did compile it manually, see Compile [LibreELEC.wiki]

basically

Code
    sudo apt install gcc make git unzip wget xz-utils # install build dependencies
    git clone https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv.git
    cd LibreELEC.tv
    PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 scripts/create_addon visualization.*
  • I've just clean installed Leia 8.95.1 Generic X86_64 on an Intel NUC, and projectM seems to work although some of the patterns render an almost all white static screen. Has anyone else noticed this?

Goom and Waveform I tried but neither work, hopefully now that LE has reached 'beta' the folks doing the visualizers will update.

One thing I have noticed is an occasional dropout of sound, perhaps 1/4 of a second during a song being played. Anyone else heard this?

I've played a few video's, no issues there. Music dropouts only occur if projectM is running, nothing showing in logs so far, but the CPU load is pretty high. May be best to leave visualizers alone for now until the developers update.

Edited once, last by deoau (December 27, 2018 at 3:36 AM).

• Visualizations like Waveform are still not playing on my system LE v8.95.1 BETA (Generic x86).

Does anybody know what the actual problem is? Is it Kodi, LE or the addon itself?

When does it get solved?

• Mine actually started working with the Beta (x64 generic)... the caveat is that prior to upgrading, I had already removed all the visualizations from my installation. I'm guessing upgrading to the beta simply installed the 'working' one.