No Space On HD For Latest Update

• Good morning guys - I am looking to update to the latest Alpha but it states there is no room on the disk

Where does the online update install to please ? Just so I can go in via my Mac remotely and delete any offending large files etc ?

Many thanks :thumbup:

• The online update, MIGHT go to the update folder. In fact that is where you copy the tar update file to do update manually.

Check the folders in storage, You can do a clean up, by using the addon kcleaner. Also, perhaps you need to remove some unused addons.

• The online update, MIGHT go to the update folder. In fact that is where you copy the tar update file to do update manually.

Check the folders in storage, You can do a clean up, by using the addon kcleaner. Also, perhaps you need to remove some unused addons.

Me again - ive tried a few things and it is saying that the (fat) partition is still too small to install the update. I don't want to install again from scratch - how would I locate the FAT partition via my Mac please ? Thanks again

• I'm not too sure what size SD card you have but it shouldn't run out of space.

The FAT partition is on /dev/mmcblk0p1 mounted as /flash.

Post the output of df -h.

You can also check for large files with

Code
    find / -size +10M -ls

Change 10M to 100M if you get too many hits

• You need approx 2.5x the size of the update file free to perform an update. If you get stuck you can unpack the .tar file on another device and copy the KERNEL (or kernel.img) and SYSTEM file over manually. This avoids the need to store the .tar file + uncompressed tar file on the same (full) disk and you can usually get away with the update. Some spring cleaning is never a bad idea tho :)