Posts by waynelod

The online update, MIGHT go to the update folder. In fact that is where you copy the tar update file to do update manually.

Check the folders in storage, You can do a clean up, by using the addon kcleaner. Also, perhaps you need to remove some unused addons.

Me again - ive tried a few things and it is saying that the (fat) partition is still too small to install the update. I don't want to install again from scratch - how would I locate the FAT partition via my Mac please ? Thanks again

It's easier to mention the ones that are actually official repositories/ad-ons:

07:22:21.548 T:140183513704576 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmc.org
    07:22:21.548 T:140183513704576 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.libreelec.tv
    07:22:21.548 T:140183513704576 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.unofficial.addon.pro (OpenELEC unofficial addons repo)

The rest is mostly crap. I suggest a fresh install of LibreELEC and be more wisely about adding 'the other' repositories.

Understand. Thank you Klojum. Will start from scratch

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Your log shows piracy add-ons installed so support stops here. You'll probably find removing them solves the problem - we see regular issues with pirate crapware accessing the DB at startup to self-enable, install more crap, and deliberately break 'competing' add-ons.

Ok thank you Chewitt. Please let me know what addons you are talking about and i will remove. Thanking you

I can get in yes Klojum but via Samba ?. I will get that now. Much appreciated

[hr]
    I have the file Kodi.log from a few minutes ago Klojum. I extracted it from Logfiles. Shall i dropbox it here please ? Its a LOT of text so i wont copy paste here obviously

[hr]
    Here is a link to the file in google driveTapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File 01_KODI.log

Hi guys. Ive been running LibreElec for a while now with no issues. However i restarted my machine this morning and it is stuck on the Kodi v17.1 Krypton splash screen. Ive scoured the forums and tried a number of potential fixes and failed. Ive not updated or anything just literally rebooted. Any ideas please . Thanking you

Yes its the 64bit version sorry. I will delete that guisettings file and see what happens. Sincerely appreciate your help

[hr]

So where does "OpenElec AMD" come in? Unless you probably simply mean the 64bits version. Intel does do things in 64bit for some time now :)

If you have access, try deleting/renaming the guisettings.xml file in the userdata folder, and reboot. If that doesn't help, just install LibreELEC clean and fresh. It will take up less time than trying to figure out what went wrong.

That worked my friend. Thank you so much.

We need more numbers and details here.

What was the OpenELEC version that you upgraded from?
    What exact build of LibreELEC did you upgrade with?
    Some hardware details of your htpc would be welcome.

Any crazy addons for video streaming or something else that you had installed that we should be aware of? Because I (the LE team) have done quite a bit of testing, and I haven't heard or seen any of machines going into a bootloop after upgrading to LE 7.0.3.

Getting into a boot loop will also make it difficult to retrieve information via Samba... Or is it that only Kodi is crashing/restarting?

Good morning Klojum. Thank you for the reply. I upgraded from OpenElec AMD Stable release 7.0 to a generic stable release AMD version but cannot remember which version. I had the option to update that further within LE to the one i list above but also had changed the skin to Artic Zephyr From The Ashes. I thought the issue may have been the skin so i deleted it via Samba but its still showing as trying to load. My PC is an Intel i5 with SSD. If you need more info please let me know. Thank you

Good morning guys. I hope you are well ? I updated from OpenElec to LibreElec lately - and it ran fine. However I updated further with LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.3.img.gz and my startup is now stuck in a constant loop.

I am able to connect to the PC with Samba from my Mac - how would I retrieve the information to pass on to potentially see what the issue is please ?

Thank you