Tvheadend 4.2 in repository?

• Just finished a clean install of the new Beta release and can't find Tvheadend 4.2 in the LibreELEC repository. Only 4.0.9 is showing up. Is this something that will appear soon or is there another place I should be looking?

• Just finished a clean install of the new Beta release and can't find Tvheadend 4.2 in the LibreELEC repository. Only 4.0.9 is showing up. Is this something that will appear soon or is there another place I should be looking?

anybody tested 4.2 yet? i tried it with no real success if anyone else reports it has been ok ill fire some logs over! just ended up with a web interface wanting to constantly refresh itself making navigating very difficult

many thanks

• Worked for me albeit after some messing about. The addon and addon_data folder names are different than normal so had to rename the existing addon_data folder (i.e. service.multimedia.tvheadend to service.tvheadend42).

• Worked for me albeit after some messing about. The addon and addon_data folder names are different than normal so had to rename the existing addon_data folder (i.e. service.multimedia.tvheadend to service.tvheadend42).

Were you able to see TVheadend 4.2 in the repo and install it?

• Sorry i was responding to the post above mine. You can manually install 4.2 using the file that Cvh linked here

LibreELEC

Disable 4.0 first in case it causes issues with ports due to 4.0 and 4.2 running at same time.

• Sorry i was responding to the post above mine. You can manually install 4.2 using the file that Cvh linked here

LibreELEC

Disable 4.0 first in case it causes issues with ports due to 4.0 and 4.2 running at same time.

thanks for pointing to the other post -- I uninstalled 4.0 and installed 4.2, but I can't login to the web interface.

The tvheadend log shows the following error:

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tvheadend: line 1: syntax error: unexpected ")"

• Don't know if its any different but i actually installed this version that Cvh had linked on the openelec forum before he linked to the version above

Tvheadend 4.2 with transcoding by CvH · Pull Request #123 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

edit: looks like it no longer works so you'll just have to hope Cvh links to a build for rpi3. Only realized you are using rpi3 from your post so previous link wouldnt work as thats for x86_64 builds only.

Edited once, last by metzner55 (April 19, 2016 at 7:36 PM).

• Probably an issue with previously having 4.0 installed and configured. I'll try a clean LE install and see if it works.

---update - same issue. Looks like I'll need to wait for the 4.2 version to appear in the repo. (which is currently offline - so maybe that's a good sign!)

Edited once, last by edit4ever (April 19, 2016 at 7:45 PM).

• Anyone have trouble with web interface? sometimes doesnt accept username and password first time around and doesnt accept a second user account i set up at all.

• Anyone have trouble with web interface? sometimes doesnt accept username and password first time around and doesnt accept a second user account i set up at all.

Yes, I still have version 4.0 installed, that works ok. If I disable it, & enable 4.2, after a reboot of my nuc I can log in. If I try a few minutes later it won't let me log in.

As 4.0 works, I'm reluctant to uninstall it.

Yes, I still have version 4.0 installed, that works ok. If I disable it, & enable 4.2, after a reboot of my nuc I can log in. If I try a few minutes later it won't let me log in.

Pls make sure you have disabled tvh 4.0 - we have currently no way to disable other addons - if both addons are enabled you have a problem ;) .
    The whole mess is due the fact that you can't update 4.0 -> 4.2 without major problems.

If you can't login you could pls provide the log /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log
    and the file/files what are in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/accesscontrol/

There were a lot changes in the default configs which maybe break some stuff.
    The addon works for me and others without an problem, maybe you have some exotic setting which brakes something - I would fix it if I know what is broken :P .

• Pls make sure you have disabled tvh 4.0 - we have currently no way to disable other addons - if both addons are enabled you have a problem ;) .
    The whole mess is due the fact that you can't update 4.0 -> 4.2 without major problems.

If you can't login you could pls provide the log /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log
    and the file/files what are in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/accesscontrol/

There were a lot changes in the default configs which maybe break some stuff.
    The addon works for me and others without an problem, maybe you have some exotic setting which brakes something - I would fix it if I know what is broken :P .

I have now uninstalled tvh 4.0, same problem, not sure if this is the correct way to use pastebin.

• as it still runs

Code
    2016-04-21 08:22:13.503 [   INFO] spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend/bin/tv_grab_file"

tvh "old" is still installed :) (but this should be no problem)
    The log looks okay and didn't complain about anything, the user is also right. Could you ensure that you try to log in with the correct user/pw and NOT with the username/pw autofill from your webbrowser !? Also pls set an password (1234 ....) maybe Tvh has some problem with no pw login.

• as it still runs

Code
    2016-04-21 08:22:13.503 [   INFO] spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend/bin/tv_grab_file"

tvh "old" is still installed :) (but this should be no problem)
    The log looks okay and didn't complain about anything, the user is also right. Could you ensure that you try to log in with the correct user/pw and NOT with the username/pw autofill from your webbrowser !? Also pls set an password (1234 ....) maybe Tvh has some problem with no pw login.

First of all, thanks for the quick response. I have been mucking about with changing passwords, rebooting my NUC rebooting my laptop.

To summarise, I hadn't changed the pvr password in Kodi. I have also changed the user password to the same on my laptop web browser. My old password used underscore, perhaps that was an issue?

At this point I can login via Microsoft edge, first time, but if I use chrome, it takes 4 attempts. I had already used ccleaner to clear the laptop cache.

Thanks for your help.