LE 8.2.3 to LE 8.2.5 Amlogic S805

• I have finally managed to compile LE 8.2.3 for the Amlogic S805 using Kszaq's source, Which took some time due to random errors while compiling.

Now for the question.....

How would i go about updating this build from 8.2.3 to 8.2.5 ??????

I would ideally like to use everything from the 8.2.3 build for the S805 as it has all the kernel and drivers that is needed and patches that made this box work as mine is still working today.......

long term goal will be to make LE9 builds for this device but learning how to update it from 8.2.3 to 8.2.5 seems a lot safer option at this moment in time.......

• LE 8.2.4 was 99.9% for RPi (adding support for the 3B+) and 8.2.5 was 99% to update Pi firmware to solve some issues found (for 3B+). If you have number OCD and desperately need to see 8.2.5 on-screen; edit config/version to show that.

• Thank you for the reply chewitt

I honestly didn't know that to be fair.........

OK with that aside say when i wanted to try to build LE9 (Yes i know it's still alpha/beta) What would be the best way to do that while keeping hold of the Kernel, Drivers and Patches Kszaq implemented in his builds ?

• Most of the work kszaq did was ported to our main repo before he retired so should be present in the current alpha images. There might be a few bits missing; if true I have no idea what they are. You'll also find quite a few packaging differences between K17 and K18 so if trying to 'backport' those to his repo codebase you'll also hit challenges. As there's no clear "this is the correct approach" .. just have a crack and see what fails :)

• I've had a look in the main repo and i only see S905 and S912.......

I'll have a little play about see what i can do, Not going to hope for too much as i haven't really done a lot of this before

I know datrh as managed it for the S802 and S812

Quoted from Datrh

you may check my github.

i've been able to build LE9/Kodi18 from libreelec master for s802/s812 (minix x8/x8-h/x8-hp).

i guess for s805, it's the same process : respect how libreelec is build and find the way to inject your dtb,drivers.

So there maybe hope yet :)

• don't hesitate to ask if you need help/guidance

i would switch to libreelec master, apply mods only in your project directory : this way is it really easy to follow the master branch via pull request.

• don't hesitate to ask if you need help/guidance

i would switch to libreelec master, apply mods only in your project directory : this way is it really easy to follow the master branch via pull request.

OK cool........... I've not given up just yet, I'm getting a Ryzen 2600 CPU tomorrow so thought i would wait for that :)