I'm considering picking up a 905/912 box (possibly Minix) to primarily run Kodi. I've read on the Kodi forum that LE is preferred over Android, though I'm not clear on exactly why that is ? Could someone please elaborate on that ?
Also I'm wondering which box ( 905 or 912 ) would be best for a LE install and of the four choices which would best suit my needs ?
I'll primarily be watching videos and tv series (1080/720) off of an 8TB external drive.
My main concerns would be that I could...
1. Fully control Kodi with a remote.
2. Completely shut down the box from the remote, primarily because I'll be attaching an 8TB HD with videos via USB and need it to spin down/shut down.
The Minix boxes come with a remote and can power up and shut down, though that is with Android, will they do the same running LE ? And how would that work ? From within Kodi ?
3. Speaking of the HD, will LE allow me to use a large USB HD such as an 8TB ? Is there a limit to size ? I haven't gotten a definitive answer as to whether Android will allow this though from what I've read it's either a no or a maybe. I wrote to Minix asking about their U1/9 and their answer was 'up to 2.5 TB' though some on their forum said they had gotten a 4TB to work. Will I have better luck with LE ?
4. When I'm not using Kodi I'd like the option to revert back to Android if at all possible. Is there a dual boot option available ? How do you switch between the two ?
5. Lastly please leave a link for installing LE. And is there a difference between the 905 and 912 install ?