LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• Looks great! Adapters are found. I'm now offline for some hours. I will give you more feedback later!

Edit: It works well. Thank your very much! I sent you a beer (or two ), Prost!

Yes, Live TV is working very good again . Thank you very mutch for the hard work CvH!

Edited once, last by PeterPan (June 1, 2016 at 9:43 PM).

• First of all, Thanks CvH for the great work, glad to find this fourm.

I come from OpenElec background used some initial releases 6.0OE that you released on OpenELEC Mediacenter - Home sometime ago to test
    my NONE support stick "AMDVBT2 BDA"
    AstroMeta_integrated solution

I recall that at that point of time it was working, but I stopped checking, yesterday I downloaded from you link on the first page the LV1.2, everything looks fine but I can't click on the DVB Drivers the RPI restart and I can't install tvheadend I get installation fail..

Any advice what can be wrong..

I have a fresh installation non touched.

Thanks

• Official Post

everything looks fine but I can't click on the DVB Drivers the RPI restart

due my very lowish python knowledge that is all i can do ;) (no fancy message that it get rebooted) - but after the reboot your system is up

and I can't install tvheadend I get installation fail

what tvheadend did you try to install and have you already an version installed ?
    If you have my old 4.1 builds for oe then you need to remove it, go to addon userdata and rename the folder from service.multimedia.tvheadend to service.tvheadend42 and reinstall the 4.2 addon.

• It seems that I had an issue in my installation, I did a HardReset and now everything is working so far so good, only one missing thing for me is the following

My IPTV providered uses librtmp which is not the defualt one available with kodi, but use the one described here HOW-TO:Update librtmp - Official Kodi Wiki.

I used to install a precompiled version of OE6.0 that include this updated librtmp (supporting redirects), do you thing it can be preincluded in your build, I really don't know why is it not part of the normal builds, the only info I got is some addons misuse the redirect !!!

Thanks again for the suppport.

• this should be supported by tvheadend 4.1.1900+ "automatic network" I think out of the box.

I have installed the tvheadend 4.2 is this the same?, I use the simpletv plugin and not tvheadend for iptv, so my setup for TV is the following.

1.Filmon ==> working fine
    2.SimpleTV ==> not streaming
    3.Tvheadend for local channels ==> working fine

I will dig deeper, and if you know something, please let me know.

• Astrometa AMDVB-T2 does not work well yet........and it still have severe issues scanning DVB-C channels above 570Mhz

Have posted April 24th as user Unknown on Antti's discussion thread here: Antti's LinuxTV Blog: Naked hardware #18: Astrometa AMDVB-T2 v2

Somebody did mention that some changes were going into kernel ~4.5-4.6......but cannot remember what is actually fixed.

/Morten

• Astrometa AMDVB-T2 does not work well yet.......

Thanks for the info, I though so as well and thats why I was not testing it, but currently I have it running at least with the channels that was of intresrt for me, I will look in the logs and check exactly since I only started 2 days ago.

Will keep you posted

• Hey CvH,
    first I want to thank you for your work, keep it up.

But I have a small issue with my TBS 5520 DVB-S2/-C/-T2 USB-Tuner. As stated, this is a multituner but with the official TBS drivers only the DVB-S2 interface shows up in tvheadend. When I use the OpenSource-Drivers, all 3 Tuners show up and are usable. Furthermore, I've some issues with a few HD-Channels on Astra 19,2°E. There is a stuttering but maybe this is an issue with tvh 4.2 or the TBS drivers.

My previous setup with vanilla LibreELEC, TVH 4.0 and a different tuner (TechnoTrend S2-3650CI) worked flawlessly... Today I've to crosscheck if the S2-3650CI still works as expected with TVH 4.2.

€dit: Looks like an issue with TVH4.2. With TVH4.0 everything works fine, no stuttering.

Edited once, last by Yoshi (June 10, 2016 at 1:14 PM).

• Astrometa AMDVB-T2 does not work well yet........and it still have severe issues scanning DVB-C channels above 570Mhz

It seems you are compleletly correct but for me even under 570 MHz I am facinging issues with a lot of frequencies, I even pluged the stick to a external power hub to remove doubts, but no gain, i keep on getting stuff like this

Any ideas or should I starting thinking of buying another stick :(