LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• I think there is no solution for the S662 at least I didn't find anything. I contacted Tevii a year back and they said that some driver is released soon. Nothing happens, typical Tevii support. If you find something what is not liplianin I can include it.

http://linuxtv.org/downloads/drivers...LATEST.tar.bz2 This is a complete package Dw2102.c joined the patch You check it thanks

Edited once, last by youpai (May 2, 2016 at 12:31 PM).

• Just updated to the latest version. Everything looks great!

Is there an easy way to move my settings from tvh 4.0 to 4.2? I have a lot of recordings, and would like them linked if I upgrade. Otherwise, is there much advantage in changing? I tried just renaming the folders, but that didn't work.

• Official Post

http://linuxtv.org/downloads/drivers...LATEST.tar.bz2 This is a complete package Dw2102.c joined the patch You check it thanks

Try the media_build option -> this driver should be already in !

Is there an easy way to move my settings from tvh 4.0 to 4.2?

Rename the folder and start Tvh4.2 then MAYBE it works - a direct upgrade is not granted - it fails for a lot ppl also it works for a lot ppl
    install and deactivate Tvh4.2 (Tvh 4.0 uninstall or deactivate)
    rename Userdata\addon_data\service.multimedia.tvheadend to
    Userdata\addon_data\service.tvheadend42
    activate Tvh4.2 - maybe it works

is there much advantage in changing

YES, don't let you fool you due the version number. It is more like an 0.1 -> 2.0 update. Timeshift for examble is now useable the first time ever
    Btw a clean new copnfiguration would be better because the configs are converted to the new much faster format.

• Hi people! I just discovered libreelec proyect and it is a great idea for tbs users! congratz!

I made a fresh install of LE 7.0.0 at my raspberry pi 2 and it runs fine, but i am getting some trouble with my TBS5881

I saw that when I select "LjalvesCC-Drivers", after reboot tvheadend gets stucked (it gets inaccesible via web from other host), and using "Media_build" driver (which is not for my TBS, so it should not work), tvheadend runs fine, obvioulsy not showing my tbs tuner, but it is enought to know that there is a driver problem with LjalvesCC-Drivers.

Here is the dmesg output

What could be the problem?

Thanks for all!

• Hey has anyone gotten wake-on-lan working in this image.

Can't get it going on my hardware...

My wireless ac stick works amazing so happy with that. Swapping toLibreELEC, heaps better hardware support than open ..

Auto update actually works as well !

Edited once, last by highkick05 (May 3, 2016 at 11:50 AM).

• CvH Im getting failed muxes on the final release with Crazycat drivers. If I return back to 1.0.1 release of your builds, I get all muxes scanning fine. Ive tested this in tvheadend. i can post any logs you need.

• try to just copy the recordings folder
    Userdata\addon_data\service.tvheadend42\dvr\

That worked, but 4.2 won't scan any of my muxes, they just stay as pending :(

I've connected the network to both tuners, but they both have a signal strength of 'unknown'

• CvH
    Any chance that to you support the "15f4:0131 HanfTek" -> Astrometa DVB-T2. What i could see is that i have the 2014 Version. Astrometa_DVB-T2 WIKI

And i saw that somebody made a driver for it: Blog Driver

He Posted:

Antti Palosaari11 February 2016 at 16:45 Here cover letter of patch which moves mn88473 out of staging. I will pull request it soon. Should go to Kernel 4.6.
    [PATCH 0/4] move mn88473 out of staging — Linux media
    Latest firmware:
    Index of /linux/v4l-dvb/firmware/MN88473/01/2016-02-07

I dont know if this driver is going to be added to the 4.6 kernel?!
    Hopefully you know more then me.

Thanks

• That worked, but 4.2 won't scan any of my muxes, they just stay as pending

I've connected the network to both tuners, but they both have a signal strength of 'unknown'

Hi CvH, do you know if there is a resolution to this? I see some other people had this issue a few weeks ago, and you were able to help be providing a different version of tvh 4.2. Was the working version in the new image, or was it another one?

• Now that support for TBS cards has moved from OE to LE, I am trying to change from OE 6.0.1 (CvH TBS build) to LE 7.0.0. Initially, I tried the update route, using CvH file LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.0-dvb-drivers-1.0.tar. This failed with the error "size check failed". I wondered whether this was due to the problem with the size of the boot partition, so I tried a fresh installation from the .img file.

This booted into LE OK with the splash screen, but then the screen went blank and stayed that way apart from the odd fraction of a second flash of something that looked like a dialogue box. This happens every time.

I then tried an update from 6.0.1 to generic 6.0.3, losing the TBS drivers of course, but apart from that, successfully. However, this did not change anything for either the update or the fresh install of LE.

I would be very grateful for any ideas on how to get around the problem.

Intel Core i3 on Gigabyte GA-Z97M-d3H Micro ATX
    4GB DDR3 RAM
    System drive: Kingston 120GB SSD
    TBS 6281 dual terrestrial TV card

• Any ideas people? Someone gets this error before?

• Official Post

This failed with the error "size check failed".

you upgraded from OE 4 or 5 to 6 and now to 7 -> this is not supported (the boot partition is too small and won't get resized)

but then the screen went blank and stayed that way apart from the odd fraction of a second flash of something that looked like a dialogue box

could you make a picture from it (with smartphone ...)? I have no idea what this could be.

Any ideas people? Someone gets this error before?

could you post the tvheadend.log ? /storage/userdata/service.tvheadend42/somename.log (I think you use Tvh 4.2 - if not pls update)
    Your dmesg looks fine by the way.

Hey has anyone gotten wake-on-lan working in this image.

this shouldn't be a problem with my image because there is nopthing touched what makes WOL work

I dont know if this driver is going to be added to the 4.6 kernel?!

Try media_build - if it is not there I can't help (I update soon to get the latest drivers)

I see some other people had this issue a few weeks ago, and you were able to help be providing a different version of tvh 4.2.

Tvheadend 4.1.1920-1943 was broken - currently we have 4.1.1945 in our repo (autoupdate) that should fix this.

• Great!

Unfortunately the drivers do not load because of modversion 4.4.0-20 instead of needed 4.4.7.

Hi CvH,
    I have a Cine CT V6.1 This card works very well with OpenElec 6.03. Now I want to switch to LibreElec 7.0
    But I have exact the same problem.

Code
    dvb_core: version magic '4.4.0-20-generic SMP mod_unload modversions ' should be '4.4.7 SMP mod_unload '

It would be great, if I could still use my Cine CT 6.1 card.

• could you post the tvheadend.log ? /storage/userdata/service.tvheadend42/somename.log (I think you use Tvh 4.2 - if not pls update)
    Your dmesg looks fine by the way.

I could not find the log in that path, but I read at the forum and I found another path that I guess that is the real log, it was at:

Code
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log

I read logs with tbs plugged and unplugged (I turn on RPI with tbs plugged and take the log, then I restart RPI with tbs unplugged and take another fresh log), log with tbs plugged simply seems to be that tvheadend gets stucked, but I could not find the reason

here are both logs:

Log with TBS plugged:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log
    2016-05-09 01:24:07.973 [   INFO] main: Log started
    2016-05-09 01:24:08.013 [   INFO] http: Starting HTTP server 0.0.0.0:9981
    2016-05-09 01:24:08.013 [   INFO] htsp: Starting HTSP server 0.0.0.0:9982
    2016-05-09 01:24:08.039 [   INFO] config: loaded
    2016-05-09 01:24:08.064 [   INFO] config: scanfile (re)initialization with path <none>
    2016-05-09 01:24:10.169 [   INFO] scanfile: DVB-S - loaded 1 regions with 113 networks
    2016-05-09 01:24:10.169 [   INFO] scanfile: DVB-T - loaded 44 regions with 1105 networks
    2016-05-09 01:24:10.169 [   INFO] scanfile: DVB-C - loaded 17 regions with 55 networks
    2016-05-09 01:24:10.169 [   INFO] scanfile: ISDB-T - loaded 2 regions with 1000 networks

Log with TBS unplugged:

Any ideas?

Thanks for help!!