Problems finding IR hardware

• I am running Libreelec off an SD card on an AMLOGIC S905X - Branded as MAG410.

I have great performance and CEC works well but I'd like to use the factory remote specifically because of poweroff-poweron.

The problem is even using the android remote.conf the remote buttons don't work. I believe this may have something to do with the IR receiver not being detected.

If I run from ssh I get the following error:

Code
    # ir-keytable
    /sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

Any idea how I can debug this?

• I'm using 8.2.4.2.

I tried following the forum post to create a remote.conf from scratch using debug option and reading dmesg, but no button presses are being captured.

The remote works well using the stock android though.

• Let's start from scratch.

You want to use the remote as you want the function of power on/power off. I'm not an expert but I am not too sure these boxes can be powered on/off via remote. Normally a power recycle is needed.

To assist: Please provide a full debug log as explained in my signature and also the output of dmesg | paste

• Let's start from scratch.

You want to use the remote as you want the function of power on/power off. I'm not an expert but I am not too sure these boxes can be powered on/off via remote. Normally a power recycle is needed.

To assist: Please provide a full debug log as explained in my signature and also the output of dmesg | paste

Forget about power on/power off. I just want to be able to use the IR remote.

Here are the logs:

http://ix.io/1jni - kodi.log

http://ix.io/1jnj - dmesg output

• Hello! I need help. I have an Android box. I launch LE on a pendrive, but remote control does not work. I saved the remote.conf from android to the Le Config directory, but nothing went wrong. Whatever you press on the remote control, it does not look like a box led.

• Hello! I need help. I have an Android box. I launch LE on a pendrive, but remote control does not work. I saved the remote.conf from android to the Le Config directory, but nothing went wrong. Whatever you press on the remote control, it does not look like a box led.

How did you get on when you read the posts just above this one?