Problems finding IR hardware

• I am running Libreelec off an SD card on an AMLOGIC S905X - Branded as MAG410.

I have great performance and CEC works well but I'd like to use the factory remote specifically because of poweroff-poweron.

The problem is even using the android remote.conf the remote buttons don't work. I believe this may have something to do with the IR receiver not being detected.

If I run from ssh I get the following error:

Code
    1. # ir-keytable
    2. /sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

Any idea how I can debug this?

• what version of Libreelec are you using?

for earlier versions, up to 8.2. something or other remote.conf repository

NUC with LibreELEC Controlled by Logitech 350

Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 1000M Lan LibreELEC from NAND. CoreELEC 8.90.5 from usb

MyGica 510b Now gone to the Great Media Centre in the Sky

H96 Pro (S912) CoreELEC 8.90.5

:)

• I'm using 8.2.4.2.

I tried following the forum post to create a remote.conf from scratch using debug option and reading dmesg, but no button presses are being captured.

The remote works well using the stock android though.

• Let's start from scratch.

You want to use the remote as you want the function of power on/power off. I'm not an expert but I am not too sure these boxes can be powered on/off via remote. Normally a power recycle is needed.

To assist: Please provide a full debug log as explained in my signature and also the output of dmesg | paste

LibreELEC Wiki pages

• Let's start from scratch.

You want to use the remote as you want the function of power on/power off. I'm not an expert but I am not too sure these boxes can be powered on/off via remote. Normally a power recycle is needed.

To assist: Please provide a full debug log as explained in my signature and also the output of dmesg | paste

Forget about power on/power off. I just want to be able to use the IR remote.

Here are the logs:

http://ix.io/1jni - kodi.log

http://ix.io/1jnj - dmesg output

• Remotes are a PITA - there are so many variants with each having their own protocols, that is almost impossible to support.

This might help IR. Also others have reported success with FLIRC. I personally gave in and just use a KB.

LibreELEC Wiki pages

• Hello! I need help. I have an Android box. I launch LE on a pendrive, but remote control does not work. I saved the remote.conf from android to the Le Config directory, but nothing went wrong. Whatever you press on the remote control, it does not look like a box led.

• Hello! I need help. I have an Android box. I launch LE on a pendrive, but remote control does not work. I saved the remote.conf from android to the Le Config directory, but nothing went wrong. Whatever you press on the remote control, it does not look like a box led.

How did you get on when you read the posts just above this one?

NUC with LibreELEC Controlled by Logitech 350

Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 1000M Lan LibreELEC from NAND. CoreELEC 8.90.5 from usb

MyGica 510b Now gone to the Great Media Centre in the Sky

H96 Pro (S912) CoreELEC 8.90.5

:)