Problems finding IR hardware

• I am running Libreelec off an SD card on an AMLOGIC S905X - Branded as MAG410.

I have great performance and CEC works well but I'd like to use the factory remote specifically because of poweroff-poweron.

The problem is even using the android remote.conf the remote buttons don't work. I believe this may have something to do with the IR receiver not being detected.

If I run from ssh I get the following error:

Code
    1. # ir-keytable
    2. /sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

Any idea how I can debug this?

• what version of Libreelec are you using?

for earlier versions, up to 8.2. something or other remote.conf repository

NUC with LibreELEC Controlled by Logitech 665

Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 1000M Lan LibreELEC from NAND. CoreELEC 8.95.2 from usb

MyGica 510b Now gone to the Great Media Centre in the Sky

H96 Pro (S912) CoreELEC 8.95.2 Controlled by Harmony 650 (configured as Mecool KIII Pro)

:)

• I'm using 8.2.4.2.

I tried following the forum post to create a remote.conf from scratch using debug option and reading dmesg, but no button presses are being captured.

The remote works well using the stock android though.

• Let's start from scratch.

You want to use the remote as you want the function of power on/power off. I'm not an expert but I am not too sure these boxes can be powered on/off via remote. Normally a power recycle is needed.

To assist: Please provide a full debug log as explained in my signature and also the output of dmesg | paste

• Let's start from scratch.

You want to use the remote as you want the function of power on/power off. I'm not an expert but I am not too sure these boxes can be powered on/off via remote. Normally a power recycle is needed.

To assist: Please provide a full debug log as explained in my signature and also the output of dmesg | paste

Forget about power on/power off. I just want to be able to use the IR remote.

Here are the logs:

http://ix.io/1jni - kodi.log

http://ix.io/1jnj - dmesg output

• Remotes are a PITA - there are so many variants with each having their own protocols, that is almost impossible to support.

This might help IR. Also others have reported success with FLIRC. I personally gave in and just use a KB.

• Hello! I need help. I have an Android box. I launch LE on a pendrive, but remote control does not work. I saved the remote.conf from android to the Le Config directory, but nothing went wrong. Whatever you press on the remote control, it does not look like a box led.

• Hello! I need help. I have an Android box. I launch LE on a pendrive, but remote control does not work. I saved the remote.conf from android to the Le Config directory, but nothing went wrong. Whatever you press on the remote control, it does not look like a box led.

How did you get on when you read the posts just above this one?

NUC with LibreELEC Controlled by Logitech 665

Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 1000M Lan LibreELEC from NAND. CoreELEC 8.95.2 from usb

MyGica 510b Now gone to the Great Media Centre in the Sky

H96 Pro (S912) CoreELEC 8.95.2 Controlled by Harmony 650 (configured as Mecool KIII Pro)

:)