MECOOL M8S Plus DVB S905D / tuner support?!

• HI.

Android rom DVB T2 support . Wait update C......;(

Libreelec,Coreelec (not micro sd slot(USB,reset buton) OK)

Availink avl6862 driver ok,Tvheadend not work;( wait ......

Edited once, last by henkel6 (August 13, 2018 at 11:44 AM).

• HI.

Android rom DVB T2 support . Wait update C......;(

Libreelec,Coreelec (not micro sd slot(USB,reset buton) OK)

Availink avl6862 driver ok,Tvheadend not work;( wait ......

Coreelec says:

FeaturesKodi v18 Leia (Beta)based on LibreELEC/master (05/08/18)nougat kernel by @kszaqavl6862

dvb driver for KVIM2 and MeCool devices by afl1

open-source wetekdvb driver by afl1

OpenVFD by @arthur-liberman *Entware package manager

Can you test if tunner works well?!

• Hello.

Today I am a new user to this forum.

I have got Mecool M8S Plus DVB (S905D, 1GB RAM, 8GB eMMC, Android 7.1), the picture of the device sent by "psycmos", which I want to use for DVB-T2 watching and for KODI.

I have managed to install CE 9.2.7 successfully, with the gxl_p231_1g_m8s_dvb.dtb

KODI works fine, CEC works fine, original remote I do not need, I use wired ethernet.

Today I might to try to install LibreELEC 9.2.6 for ARM processors and give it a try to mate the DVB-T2 working.

What I have understood, for ARM processors it is best to use CoreELEC, am I right? CE is focused on ARM processors, what I have read on internet. Give me some advice please. Thank you.

“afl1” wrote, that DVB-T2 works and is supported.

I have tryed but did not succede.

What I did was:

• have installed tvheadend Server 4.2
    • have installed tvheadend HTSP client
    • tryed all 3 packages I have seen in CE 9.2.7, one was “dvb latest driver addon”, etc.
      I did not know what to do next. Where to check if the DVB-T2 tuner was available. Did not know where to tune channels…
    • so I uninstalled tvheadend Server 4.2 and installed tvheadend Server 4.3
    • again tryed all 3 packages of dvb drivers
      And again, I did not know what to do next. Where to check if the DVB-T2 tuner was available. Did not know where to tune channels…

Please help me what is the right procedure after a clean install.

I have found several youtube videos and procedures, but they make me confused.

For example HD HomeRUN, do I have to install it? What is it for?

I will really appreciate on a BIG BIG scale, if you help me and give me some advice.

For example a link to a tutorial which really works.

I know that Mecool M8S Plus DVB is a little shitty device, but anyway.

Thank you.

Martin

• LE supports a wide variety of ARM SoC hardware devices. CE supports only Amlogic devices. The CE 9.2 release is probably the best option for the box right now. LE has experimental modern kernel images (see nightly test images) but there is curently no support for the onboard tuner hardware in the upstream kernel. Out of tree tuner and demod drivers exist (in rough format) but the V4L2 demux driver needs to be written from scratch and this is unlikely to be done anytime soon. CE has dropped support for GXBB devices in their K19 images, so the future is not straightforward .. LE is not ready and CE doesn't exist.

It's best to ask for CE help in their forums.