Posts by Joki

Hello.

Today I am a new user to this forum.

I have got Mecool M8S Plus DVB (S905D, 1GB RAM, 8GB eMMC, Android 7.1), the picture of the device sent by "psycmos", which I want to use for DVB-T2 watching and for KODI.

I have managed to install CE 9.2.7 successfully, with the gxl_p231_1g_m8s_dvb.dtb

KODI works fine, CEC works fine, original remote I do not need, I use wired ethernet.

Today I might to try to install LibreELEC 9.2.6 for ARM processors and give it a try to mate the DVB-T2 working.

What I have understood, for ARM processors it is best to use CoreELEC, am I right? CE is focused on ARM processors, what I have read on internet. Give me some advice please. Thank you.

“afl1” wrote, that DVB-T2 works and is supported.

I have tryed but did not succede.

What I did was:

• have installed tvheadend Server 4.2
    • have installed tvheadend HTSP client
    • tryed all 3 packages I have seen in CE 9.2.7, one was “dvb latest driver addon”, etc.
      I did not know what to do next. Where to check if the DVB-T2 tuner was available. Did not know where to tune channels…
    • so I uninstalled tvheadend Server 4.2 and installed tvheadend Server 4.3
    • again tryed all 3 packages of dvb drivers
      And again, I did not know what to do next. Where to check if the DVB-T2 tuner was available. Did not know where to tune channels…

Please help me what is the right procedure after a clean install.

I have found several youtube videos and procedures, but they make me confused.

For example HD HomeRUN, do I have to install it? What is it for?

I will really appreciate on a BIG BIG scale, if you help me and give me some advice.

For example a link to a tutorial which really works.

I know that Mecool M8S Plus DVB is a little shitty device, but anyway.

Thank you.

Martin