LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Yes, why not? That's how it's supposed to run. I recommend going through the Docker "get started" part of the documentation to get an understanding of how Docker and its containers work.

Well if I understand the theory behind it correctly I just need your pcsx2 specific files, the docker addon and it creates a recent arch build within the container, installs some dependencies and we're ready to go? Then I will try to add this emulator too.

• psrkallez06

About moonlight... the easy part is done -> I was able to compile it for generic & rpi builds but now I have to figure out how to configure it properly.

Update:

Well at least the basics work fine -> have to test it later with my main HTPC build.

Update 2:

Rebuilding & uploading afterwards some builds with moonlight & Steam start option within ES.

Edited 3 times, last by 5schatten (July 6, 2018 at 12:07 AM).

• Uploading new generic & rpi builds with moonlight included. Once the builds are available have a look at the FAQ how to set it up properly.

I love you (a)

And from experience, Don't forget to add in the FAQ about Geforce Experience, personally i recommend using GFE 3.11, Since it is 100% compatible with Moonlight, after it is installed you need to "hardblock" it to prevent it from auto updating to a newer version that breaks the addon.

And i know that GFE 3.12 is compatible, but personally i encountered less issues with 3.11.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/…e-auto-update-/

That's the thread I used to learn how to block it properly. Looking forward to the release/upload!

• Oh almost forgot, When I'm downloading the Generic builld, should i pick 4.14 or 4.17 for the kernel? And is there a difference? and what is

Libleelec RR files?

I'm pretty new with this like i said hehe, Cheers.

• psrkallez06

You shouldn't worry about 4.14.x build those are pretty outdated and I'll stick to upstream (kernel)patches.

I used the latest commit of moonlight GitHub - irtimmer/moonlight-embedded: Gamestream client for embedded systems and it should work with GFE 3.14.x well at least I've tested it with this version. Maybe recent versions broke the Kodi addon since it wasn't some bleeding edge software as my build.

I had more "problems" to get my controller up & running or some sound output because moonlight-embedded lacks compile switches to disable pulse. Or I didn't found them.

Anyway I tested these builds on my x86 HTPC & Steam, Witcher 3 and Skyrim worked. The rpi version started Steam so I guess it will work fine too. But I focused on setting up the program & and the scripts so maybe not everything is optimized right now.

Update:

Builds with moonlight are uploaded.

Edited once, last by 5schatten (July 7, 2018 at 8:41 AM).

• I see thank you!

Will try the latest build now and report back! :D

Update:

Just tried it, I don't know how you did it.. But everything just works! haha. I had sound issues when i tried moonlight before, now sound on my TV + controller works flawlessly! I only have one issue.

When I'm done playing and click on "Stop Streaming" in steam, the screen freezes, it shuts down the stream fine on the pc but not on my HTPC. Any idea why this is happening?

Also, since i use a weird resolution (1366x768) i need to use the -unsupported parameter, any idea where i can enter this? I checked the moonlight.conf file but i didn't find a place to put it.

Edited 4 times, last by psrkallez06 (July 7, 2018 at 9:27 AM).

• I closed moonlight by hitting ALT+ESC but I have to see if there is a better way to quit it.

How did the moonlight add-on ended the stream?

About the resolution you could add -unsopported xyz after the game name within the Game.ml file. Then this will be added to the command line.

• I closed moonlight by hitting ALT+ESC but I have to see if there is a better way to quit it.

How did the moonlight add-on ended the stream?

About the resolution you could add -unsopported xyz after the game name within the Game.ml file. Then this will be added to the command line.

I see, well since i don't have a keyboard connected i can't do that (i use my controller + Yatse remote on my phone)

Thanks will try.

In my Steam.ml file:

Steam

-unsupported

Do you mean like that?

• Maybe you can adjust the resolution according to your needs in \\your_system\Configfiles\moonlight\moonlight.conf too?

I already did:

## Video streaming configuration

width = 1366

height = 768

fps = 60

But moonlight crashes when i launch it, and the log says:

Server doesn't support 1366x768 (60 fps) or try --unsupported option

And i know that i the -unsupported to get it to work.

i tried with:

Steam -unsupported and

Steam

-unsupported

Didn't work.. weird.

I only need a way for Moonlight to read the -unsupported parameter.. it works from SSH when i do:

moonlight -stream -width 1366 -height 768 -fps 60 -verbose -unsupported

Edited once, last by psrkallez06 (July 7, 2018 at 9:52 AM).

• My script LibreELEC.tv/moonlight.start at libreelec-9.0-rr · 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub starts moonlight this way:

Code
    export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa

GAMESTREAM_ID=$(cat "$@")

moonlight stream -app "$GAMESTREAM_ID" -verbose > /var/log/moonlight.log 2>&1

It tells SDL to use the ALSA backend, reads the external variable ($@) passed by ES which is basically the path to the game.ml file, then it reads the content which should match a streamable game. So I have to rework this line to read additional commands like this:

Code
    moonlight stream "$OPTIONS" -app "$GAMESTREAM_ID" -verbose > /var/log/moonlight.log 2>&1
  • My script LibreELEC.tv/moonlight.start at libreelec-9.0-rr · 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub starts moonlight this way:

Code
    export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa

GAMESTREAM_ID=$(cat "$@")

moonlight stream -app "$GAMESTREAM_ID" -verbose > /var/log/moonlight.log 2>&1

So I have to rework this line to read additional commands like this:

Code
    moonlight stream "$OPTIONS" -app "$GAMESTREAM_ID" -verbose > /var/log/moonlight.log 2>&1

Have you tried to change the resolution to 1366x768 & pass -unsupported to the the game.ml file?

I see. Yeah i tried to change the resolution + added the -unsupported the to .ml file, it didn't make a difference.

• Damn it.. just noticed another issue for me. I can't get Retroarch to launch. I just get a black screen with a "Frozen" cursor in the corner.

here is the log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Damn it.. just noticed another issue for me. I can't get Retroarch to launch. I just get a black screen with a "Frozen" cursor in the corner.

here is the log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have updated the moonlight start script & you should now be able to pass custom options within the Game.ml files. I also added a Template.ml file. I'm uploading an updated x86 build right now.

Have you tried to disable KMS? touch /storage/.config/retroarch/nokms

Maybe this helps. Also do you have several outputs? Maybe RA just uses a wrong output to display it?

Maybe this could help -> force the monitor index.

RetroArch/retroarch.cfg at master · libretro/RetroArch · GitHub

For example I have only 2 connectors & my it reports there is just one connection

Code
    [INFO] [DRM]: Connector 0 connected: yes
    [INFO] [DRM]: Connector 0 has 43 modes.
    [INFO] [DRM]: Connector 0 assigned to monitor index: #1.
    [INFO] [DRM]: Connector 1 connected: no
    [INFO] [DRM]: Connector 1 has 0 modes.

Are you able to start some games in Emulationstation? Try to start either MrBoom or 2048 as they rely on Retroarch too.

I don't see anything wrong in your log file beside the 6 connectors. Does RA run in escalades builds?

Edited once, last by 5schatten (July 7, 2018 at 1:32 PM).

• Once the new build is online -> install it and pass something like this to your "Game".ml file or look in the moonlight config directory because there should be a Template.ml file.

Code
    GAMESTREAM_OPTIONS="-verbose -unsupported -width 1366 -height 768"
    GAMESTREAM_ID="Steam"

psrkallez06

new build is online

Edited once, last by 5schatten (July 7, 2018 at 5:04 PM).