LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Once the new build is online -> install it and pass something like this to your "Game".ml file or look in the moonlight config directory because there should be a Template.ml file.

Code
    GAMESTREAM_OPTIONS="-verbose -unsupported -width 1366 -height 768"
    GAMESTREAM_ID="Steam"

psrkallez06

new build is online

Need to get some sleep, But i will try this tomorrow and report back! And thank you very much for all of your hard work with this!

• psrkallez06

No problem but it should work now. At least in my tests I had no problems. Also press "Play+Back+LeftShoulder+RightShoulder" the same time & you can quit moonlight without any keyboard input.

I just updated. And even tho i followed our steps with the .ml file. Same issue, the "Steam" app won't launch, i click on it, and the screen turns black for a second then returns to the game list of emulation station.. I don't understand how it can work from the terminal :S

Found the issue.. LOG:

GAMESTREAM_OPTIONS=-verbose -unsupported -width 1366 -height 76

GAMESTREAM_ID=Stea

Can't find app Stea

Moonlight Embedded 2.4.6 (CEC;SDL;ALSA;PULSE)

Searching for server...

Connect to 192.168.1.141...

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, GFE 3.14.0.139 (gs_04_06_24080785, 7.1.406.0)

Platform SDL2 (software decoding)

The log says that the GAMESTREAM_ID is "Stea" Also one number is missing from the height.

But when i look in my .ml file I have clearly written "Steam" and "768" for the height.. Weird :o

Solved it! I added a space after the last ". like this:

1. GAMESTREAM_OPTIONS="-verbose -unsupported -width 1366 -height 768 "
    2. GAMESTREAM_ID="Steam "

Also, Retroarch works now with the: touch /storage/.config/retroarch/nokms

So thank you man! :D

Edited 2 times, last by psrkallez06 (July 8, 2018 at 9:04 AM).

• Well I encountered these problems too. I have to rework the scripts especially because games like "Sid Meyer's..." won't launch because the single quote.

Anyway the basics work for now :)

If you have problems with streaming try h264 or h265 as codec instead of auto. I already patched the video decoder buffer size so h264 works fine but auto still falls after a short time.

When I have some more time to spare I'll try to optimize it.

• Well I encountered these problems too. I have to rework the scripts especially because games like "Sid Meyer's..." won't launch because the single quote.

Anyway the basics work for now :)

Nice, I hope you keep maintaining this release because it is awesome! Just say the word is you need me to test anything/need help with something. Cheers :)

• One more question, any idea how to completly reset Retroarch? i.e remove all the cores and configs etc and restart from the beginning?

Because with the latest update i think i got "your" settings and some of the cores. and i can't seem to remove them.

Edited once, last by psrkallez06 (July 8, 2018 at 3:27 PM).

• Found another issue.. I highly doubt that it is your build, rather i think it's the Kodi Leia since it is an Alpha.. PSX emulator is lagging a LOT. i can't get full speed, audio crackling etc. I was able to get full speed easily with Official Libreelec + Retroarch. When i launch retroarch with "nokms". It lags a lot. when i launch it without "nokms" and set my monitor index, it does launch BUT the TV is locked at 30 hz.. i can't change it to 59/60 hz like it should be so it still lags a lot.. do you have similar problems?

(refresh rate is grayed out in kodi settings also so I can't change it)

Can you tell me how to actually did install the latest moonlight into emulation station? I'm gonna try and do it myself for the LE8 remix. I'm not sure if i need to compile and (and if so how) or just drag in the files etc. i mean, first i download the latest release from:

Releases · irtimmer/moonlight-embedded · GitHub

after that I'm stuck.. do you know any good tutorial about it?

Edited 2 times, last by psrkallez06 (July 9, 2018 at 1:11 PM).

• Anyone else has some artefacts from time to time in LiveTV?
    I've tried to change the deinterlade mode, but than KODI crashes... might be an KODI Alpha version error

• Found another issue.. I highly doubt that it is your build, rather i think it's the Kodi Leia since it is an Alpha.. PSX emulator is lagging a LOT. i can't get full speed, audio crackling etc. I was able to get full speed easily with Official Libreelec + Retroarch. When i launch retroarch with "nokms". It lags a lot. when i launch it without "nokms" and set my monitor index, it does launch BUT the TV is locked at 30 hz.. i can't change it to 59/60 hz like it should be so it still lags a lot.. do you have similar problems?

(refresh rate is grayed out in kodi settings also so I can't change it)

Can you tell me how to actually did install the latest moonlight into emulation station? I'm gonna try and do it myself for the LE8 remix. I'm not sure if i need to compile and (and if so how) or just drag in the files etc. i mean, first i download the latest release from:

Releases · irtimmer/moonlight-embedded · GitHub

after that I'm stuck.. do you know any good tutorial about it?

Well which resoluions are listed in Kodi config (expert mode)? RA isn't tied to Kodi settings afaik and estimates the refresh rate itself.

I tried to reproduce your stuttering but failed. Only if KMS is disabled & "threaded video" is enabled medanafen psx starts to stutter on my system but that is more likely a RA or core bug. I changed the refresh rate to 30hz in Kodi but still no stuttering. I guess your games are stuttering because they run asynchronous.

https://emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/using_retroarch#stuttering_due_to_inaccurate_refresh_rate_estimation

NTSC games need 60hz to run properly but your screen runs at 52Hz:

Code: https://pastebin.com/HpT1RuSx
    [INFO] [DRM]: Mode 0: (1366x768) 1366 x 768, 52 Hz

So I guess you have to disable vsync or try some play PAL games.

If you want to compile it yourself... well "good luck". I wasn't able to build escalades builds on my system without fixes or modifications because he uses Arch as build system and thats mostly bleeding edge. To update the moonlight package for old LE you need to modify this package GitHub - dead/script.moonlight: Moonlight-embedded Addon for Libreelec and you have to recompile the whole distribution to make sure moonlight is linked properly.

Btw.:

The script is pretty broken and I guess that's the reason they basically removed it moonlight service file not installed on Libreelec 9 with Kodi 18 Alpha · Issue #58 · dead/script.moonlight · GitHub so I'm pretty sure you won't be able to run it. I was able to create a "working" addon but only after several hacks and with a broken interface. So basically it's as good (or bad) as mine right now since the UI doesn't change the settings anymore.

FalconX

What kind of artifacts? I've experienced this in Kodi 17.x & 18 on my x86 systems when I used timeshift but not while watching regular TV. My RPis run fine tough even after pausing & unpausing so I guess it's some kind of Kodi/Intel driver bug.

Edited 2 times, last by 5schatten (July 9, 2018 at 8:39 PM).

• I see, well then I won't even try and "install" moonlight to the old build haha. But here is deal. with your build, PSX is running very slow, but with the LE 8 remix build, Retroach + PSX works out of the box without any lag at all. That's why i think It's weird.. Your build is more recent and updated so in theory it "should" work better :o

• Not correct, except for Kodi (which has nothing to do at all with emulators) most of the core components in my build is more recent than in LE9.

If you're not running at 60Hz, that's your problem. Try turning off vsync.

• Not correct, except for Kodi (which has nothing to do at all with emulators) most of the core components in my build is more recent than in LE9.

If you're not running at 60Hz, that's your problem. Try turning off vsync.

I see, well I've tried every video setting i could find.. Turned of Vsync, enabled threaded video, tried to force a resolution, tried difference delays/changed latencys etc. It still runs very slow on LE9 "/

Also tried every PSX core.. on LE 8 i used PSX Rearmed which worked perfectly.

• Blindly trying different things is not the best way to diagnose a problem. Try comparing the RA logs and find the actual difference. Like I said, my build is LE9 more or less.

• Blindly trying different things is not the best way to diagnose a problem. Try comparing the RA logs and find the actual difference. Like I said, my build is LE9 more or less.

I wonder.. in the official LE8, everything works EXCEPT my controller.. i wonder if the easiest would be to just try and "import" the correct controller driver into the official one?

• Just so you know what i mean:

In kodi settings:

aa8286bd7dbd15590e747de10682e97d.jpg

with "nokms" in retroarch:

956640966532d23a3383e429f52879c6.jpg

without "nokms" in retroarch:

0acbddb3f5b5bfbf1bbf58b4b195968c.jpg

When i enable "show FPS" in games, it says that the internal fps is 60. but it still very slow and laggy.

Updated: I checked which drivers and settings i used for Retroarch in LE 8 remix, and I use the same drivers on this one. Only that it shows "59 HZ" instead of 30 hz when I have KMS enabled..

Btw, for LE8 i use retroarch from this repo:

GitHub - bite-your-idols/Gamestarter: Retrogaming kodi add-on repository for LibreELEC

I also tried to install the retroarch from gamestarter to this version but got:

libavcodec.so.57: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So yeah..

Edited 3 times, last by psrkallez06 (July 10, 2018 at 1:16 PM).

• If your X.org is locked to 30Hz for some reason, then using X11/opengl for RA will definitely not be a smooth experience. I'd try switching to the X modesetting driver, and also make sure that you are using KMS in RA.