LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Code
    Good afternoon, I installed your assembly on the Charry trail netbook Intel Atom X8350, everything works except for sound, aplay -l view and HDMI and chtnau8824, kodi sees it too, but the sound does not go through the code or from the console, ucm files are available, on ubuntu 19.04 the sound works immediately, through alsamixer I see the settings and sound levels, but there is no sound itself.

There are some additional sound modules on ubuntu, but they are not in Libreelec. and I can not find them in linux.x86_64.conf

Have any ideas? =) Please Help)

Well does it work with any stock/vanilla LE version? If not it's a matter of LE and not really for this build only. So please check this first and if it doesn't work in other LE builds e.g. libreelec-generic.x86_64-9.1.501.img.gz then it has to solved upstream.

Btw. to generate nice logs just enter your command whatever args | paste and you'll get a link which contains the output. And while your at it read the start post again how to grab the logfile.zip and post it here.

• Well does it work with any stock/vanilla LE version? If not it's a matter of LE and not really for this build only. So please check this first and if it doesn't work in other LE builds e.g. libreelec-generic.x86_64-9.1.501.img.gz then it has to solved upstream.

Btw. to generate nice logs just enter your command whatever args | paste and you'll get a link which contains the output. And while your at it read the start post again how to grab the logfile.zip and post it here.

Code
    Yes, you're right, I tried the official assembly and there is no sound either, tell me where to write? I can show the logs, but what exactly is not clear.
  • Yes? i have several logs in this dir, it was test build, but sound not working too(

Well I wasn't expecting working audio I just wanted to be sure that it does not work in recent master based builds & I did not screw up something.

So which audio output did you chose in Kodi? Have you tried each one? Because I googled a bit and looks like the usual stuff you need to make it work is in place. The kernel module is included, the ucm files are installed & the card is detected by the kernel. :/

drivers - "Intel SST Audio Device WDM" not working on Xubuntu 18.04 - Ask Ubuntu

what is the output of:

Code
    lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 audio | paste

you can also try:

Code
    echo "blacklist snd_soc_skl" >>/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

and reboot.

• Well I wasn't expecting working audio I just wanted to be sure that it does not work in recent master based builds & I did not screw up something.

So which audio output did you chose in Kodi? Have you tried each one? Because I google a bit and looks like the usual stuff you need to make it work is in place. The kernel module is included, the ucm files are installed & the card is detected by the kernel. :/

I tried every output, Yes you are right, everything is determined, but there is no sound, I have a suspicion that the ucm chtnau8824 files do not load, because after a reboot the sound settings are reset to 0 and on ubuntu there is some level after loading. I tried to change the ucm files in the assembly, the results were unsuccessful.

aplay -D plughw:1,0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Right.wav
    Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Right.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Mono
    aplay: set_params:1403: Unable to install hw params:
    ACCESS: RW_INTERLEAVED
    FORMAT: S16_LE
    SUBFORMAT: STD
    SAMPLE_BITS: 16
    FRAME_BITS: 16
    CHANNELS: 1
    RATE: 48000
    PERIOD_TIME: 125000
    PERIOD_SIZE: 6000
    PERIOD_BYTES: 12000
    PERIODS: 4
    BUFFER_TIME: 500000
    BUFFER_SIZE: 24000
    BUFFER_BYTES: 48000
    TICK_TIME: 0

LibreELEC:~ # lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 audio | paste

LibreELEC:~ # lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 audio

LibreELEC:~ # lspci -nnk

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series SoC Transaction Register [8086:2280] (rev 36)

Subsystem: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series SoC Transaction Register [8086:7270]

Kernel driver in use: iosf_mbi_pci

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:22b0] (rev 36)

DeviceName: Onboard IGD

Subsystem: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:7270]

Kernel driver in use: i915

00:03.0 Multimedia controller [0480]: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series Imaging Unit [8086:22b8] (rev 36)

Subsystem: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series Imaging Unit [8086:7270]

Kernel driver in use: intel_atomisp2_pm

00:0b.0 Signal processing controller [1180]: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series Power Management Controller [8086:22dc] (rev 36)

Subsystem: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series Power Management Controller [8086:7270]

00:14.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series USB xHCI Controller [8086:22b5] (rev 36)

Subsystem: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series USB xHCI Controller [8086:7270]

Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd

00:1a.0 Encryption controller [1080]: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series Trusted Execution Engine [8086:2298] (rev 36)

Subsystem: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series Trusted Execution Engine [8086:7270]

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series PCU [8086:229c] (rev 36)

Subsystem: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series PCU [8086:7270]

LibreELEC:~ #

Pentium Processor x5-E8000???? 8| I have Z8350

on Ubuntu a have same output and sound working

And a have not this module snd_soc_skl

Edited 3 times, last by zixelmike (October 15, 2019 at 4:57 PM).

• Your audio device wasn't detected, the output should look like:

Code
    phoenix:~ #  lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 audio
    00:1f.3 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family HD Audio Controller [8086:a170] (rev 31)
    Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family HD Audio Controller [1458:a182]
    Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
    Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel

or

Code
    supervisedthinking@x220l:~$  lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 audio
    00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1c20] (rev 04)
    Subsystem: Lenovo 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [17aa:21da]
    Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
    Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
  • Edited 3 times, last by zixelmike (October 15, 2019 at 6:06 PM).

• I make a script with options like Ubuntu and now I HEAR A NOISE!!!

when I move around the kodi menu the noise changes and sometimes the real sounds of the menu are heard .... I think what should be my next step? =)

AND

NORMAL VOICE VIA CONSOLE

LibreELEC:~ # systemctl stop kodi

LibreELEC:~ # aplay -D plughw:1,0 /storage/Front_Left.wav

Playing WAVE '/storage/Front_Left.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Mono

LibreELEC:~ #

In Kodi When I play video, wheezing and very fast talk

Edited once, last by zixelmike (October 16, 2019 at 12:34 PM).

• Could you check if the Ubuntu & LE ucm files for your audio device differ?

• I found out that when loading the sound parameters did not apply or something was wrong, since

Alsamixer does not show the necessary settings After command "alsaucm -c chtnau8824 set _verb HiFi set _disdev Speaker" settings in alsamixer appeared, and the sound works.

The sound in Kodi is severely distorted, goes hoarse and interrupted.
    Sound through the console with the aplay command works PERFECTLY

Sound in PPSSPP works PERFECTLY

The sound in RETROARCH works PERFECTLY

As I understand it, Kodi processes the sound with its filters, can this be turned off?

• I learned that sound wasn't working on my NUC until I dropped the VRAM to 256 from 512MB.

Also, is there any way to sselph scraper? I'd like to scrape videos without having to manually edit (I've already done that on my Shield TV build and it was a pain!).

• I was able to successfully build for a RPi4 from your dev-RR branch. 😀

The system booted to Kodi successfully. The default of 4Kp30 display setting seemed a bit glitchy and sluggish. I tried changing to 1080p60 but it was only displaying as the upper left quarter of the screen. I tried to start emulationstation and retroarch from the home screen and both relaunched Kodi (I'm guessing both crashed and your script/systemd relaunched Kodi).

To see if these were LE issues or just your build I reflashed the SD card with the current 9.2 beta (9.1.501). The default of 4Kp30 did not feel sluggish and changing to 1080p60 did not result in only the upper left corner display.

I didn't pull logs yet but want to give you a heads up on a couple early issues. Hopefully I can review more this weekend and get some logs as well. I understand this is from the dev branch and you are likely actively working on changes.

Back to my S905X for now.

• I was able to successfully build for a RPi4 from your dev-RR branch. 😀

The system booted to Kodi successfully. The default of 4Kp30 display setting seemed a bit glitchy and sluggish. I tried changing to 1080p60 but it was only displaying as the upper left quarter of the screen. I tried to start emulationstation and retroarch from the home screen and both relaunched Kodi (I'm guessing both crashed and your script/systemd relaunched Kodi).

To see if these were LE issues or just your build I reflashed the SD card with the current 9.2 beta (9.1.501). The default of 4Kp30 did not feel sluggish and changing to 1080p60 did not result in only the upper left corner display.

I didn't pull logs yet but want to give you a heads up on a couple early issues. Hopefully I can review more this weekend and get some logs as well. I understand this is from the dev branch and you are likely actively working on changes.

Back to my S905X for now.

if you ask me Raspbian Buster which is the core to base Lakka/LibreELEC for the 4, needs more time to mature. theres alot of Issues for video playback under it with its default WM. (ones i get even under Lakka) the Pi4 has felt Rushed and so much atm is showing how rushed it was.

• I posted this as another thread but got no response so I am going to ask this here as well.

For LERR (mainly for moonlight gaming and 4k hdr movies) what’s the best device at the moment?
    khadas vim s905x still the go to hardware based on the first post or are there any new ones that are better and support this image?