LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Pretty simple -> if you apply some kernel switches can you give a brief summary what you've added to disable them? Or are you going to disable them in the kernel config?

If you pass me the kernel opts I'll add them to the FAQ like I did for the amdgpu stuff so everybody has the option to disable them or keep them :)

Anyway at least this paper outlined a poc where a malicious java script is able to read cached passwords from the webbrowser. So it's probably a problem too if you use Chrome though I don't know if this normally expects sandboxing. :/

• 5schatten

Can i upload the compiled add-on makemkv somewhere so everybody who need it can download it?

Here in the forum i can upload only 1mb files (it is about 4,5mb)

I would like to share it,

there must be others who like to use it on a standard LE 9.0.1 To my knowledge it is the only working blu-ray solution for Linux so far.

Did you thought about opening a new thread specific for this add-on? We spoke about it before

• PCSX2 is included in a Docker image because generic LE builds are 64bit only /shrug The Docker image of course features only one Nvidia driver which is recent. So it installs this Arch Linux - nvidia 418.43-7 (x86_64) which ist right now version 418.43 and all other drivers can't be installed at the same time Reverse Conflicts: nvidia-340xx, nvidia-340xx-dkms, nvidia-390xx, nvidia-390xx-dkms, nvidia-dkms so if you own an older card which is not supported by the lates driver set it will fail.

In the end blame either PCSX2 because they are too lazy to rewrite a proper 64bit recompiler or blame Nvidia for not including opensource drivers that cover all of their products.

Ya, not blaming you or your build. Just trying to figure out the problem. Thanks for the response.

• 5schatten

Did you ever try TARGET_FPU=neon-fp-armv8 and vc4 driver? Wonder if aarch64 is possible at this point, anybody done some research?

Will be looking into RPi builds again while waiting for my arcade cabinet to be built and shipped. Or I might just get an ODROID H2.

:)

Nope never tried it because once you use aarch64 you need 64bit dynarecs for all emulators too and not all were covered in the past. Meanwhile this has probably changed but I don't think that there will be a huge benefit. Also iirc some addons will be broken like Netflix because it's 32bit ARM only.

I (we) could try TARGET_FPU=neon-fp-armv8 like the S905 uses but this would cut off RPi2 compat which is totally fine for me. But of course every package has to be reworked to accept an extra RPi3 target if there are any device specific changes.

Since I own a j3455-ITX I would go for the Odroid H2 since it performs pretty well and has great software support compared to any other ARM device.

If software & driver support would be nearly as good as x86 then I would go for this little thing Odroid-N2 SBC has hexa-core Amlogic S922X and $63 to $79 price since it doubles the cpu performance of the S905 which should run pretty much all of the typical SBC stuff at great performance. So beside Dolphin, PCSX2 & Citra it should run everything else flawless.

All in all I would leave the RPi as it is because even the RPi3B+ is not as fast as the S905(X) but runs pretty hot and starts throttling. IMHO it's a dead end if you consider the alternatives like a cheap NUC or Intel based SBC. Hopefully the RPi4 will be back on track and come with a way more competitive SOC & more RAM (support)

• N2 seems to be stuck on 4.9 kernel with fbdev. I suppose XU4 might be a good choice, or simply take the step up to a NUC7PJYH or ITX solution. I want something faster than an RPi3 in my arcade cabinet.

Another thing with the ODROID's is refresh rate switching. I think it's set at boot time and there's no such thing as "tvservice". Perhaps it's possible to build with Xorg and use xrandr, but I'm not sure. Need PAL mode for C64/Amiga and a reboot is too clumsy.

• N2 seems to be stuck on 4.9 kernel with fbdev. I suppose XU4 might be a good choice, or simply take the step up to a NUC7PJYH or ITX solution. I want something faster than an RPi3 in my arcade cabinet.

Another thing with the ODROID's is refresh rate switching. I think it's set at boot time and there's no such thing as "tvservice". Perhaps it's possible to build with Xorg and use xrandr, but I'm not sure. Need PAL mode for C64/Amiga and a reboot is too clumsy.

No clue how the XU4 so Samsung handled this but right now Amlogics hacked kernel works with something like this 921-video-settings-aml.conf

As I said once the kernel support is fine... kernel 4.9 is the same cr@p like 3.14 but afaik there is ongoing work to realize a mainline kernel start [linux-meson] so I guess once the S905 stuff works the S922X will follow in the future.

• XU4 is on 5.0 already. Looks like fbset can do what I need. My cabinet screen has 1280x1024 resolution, you know if I can configure this resolution with 50/60Hz through the sys interface?

• XU4 is on 5.0 already. Looks like fbset can do what I need. My cabinet screen has 1280x1024 resolution, you know if I can configure this resolution with 50/60Hz through the sys interface?

Last time I've checked there was "only" kernel 4.14.y odroid-xu4:software:building_kernel [ODROID Wiki] but anyway more recent than the outdated AML stuff.

I have no experiences with the XU4 but found this https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/[email protected]/thread/ag2ybn6kpnmxxdvuuxbisb37724xvfwk/ so you probably can use fbset to apply some geometry settings.

• Beware this is the first "true" LE 9.1 build so the addon repo is now based based on LE 9.1 too. Make sure you've enabled addon auto-updates and install all of them before you "nag" about non working stuff. Many outdated 9.0 based addons won't start because they were linked against openssl 1.0.2 for example. Once all of your binary addons provided by the LibreELEC repo pulled updates they should work fine again.

You can right click on the "LibreELEC Add-ons" repo and let manually search for updates if you don't want to wait.

I both waited and manually searched for updates but nothing happens. My LibreELEC Add-ons repo is still on v9.0.1. However it should be 9.1.X or am I wrong?

By the way I noticed that if I navigate in kodi with my controller I dont have these sounds that I have if I use my remote/keyboard. Is that normal or do I have to report this somewhere?

• Last time I've checked there was "only" kernel 4.14.y odroid-xu4:software:building_kernel [ODROID Wiki] but anyway more recent than the outdated AML stuff.

I have no experiences with the XU4 but found this https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/[email protected]/thread/ag2ybn6kpnmxxdvuuxbisb37724xvfwk/ so you probably can use fbset to apply some geometry settings.

Here's the 5.0 tree: GitHub - mihailescu2m/linux at odroidxu4-5.0.y

• I both waited and manually searched for updates but nothing happens. My LibreELEC Add-ons repo is still on v9.0.1. However it should be 9.1.X or am I wrong?

By the way I noticed that if I navigate in kodi with my controller I dont have these sounds that I have if I use my remote/keyboard. Is that normal or do I have to report this somewhere?

The repo itself shows 9.0.1 but that's pretty much a cosmetic thing. Important is that the included addons have a 9.1.xxxx version. Unless you use binary addons like TVheadend it doesn't matter anyway.

I also miss the nav sounds but I guess that's a Kodi bug.

• Anyway at least this paper outlined a poc where a malicious java script is able to read cached passwords from the webbrowser. So it's probably a problem too if you use Chrome though I don't know if this normally expects sandboxing. :/

Both Firefox and Chrome made Spectre/Meltdown attacks via JS impossible quite a long time ago.

Pretty simple -> if you apply some kernel switches can you give a brief summary what you've added to disable them? Or are you going to disable them in the kernel config?

So my current setup is:

Bash
     # cat /proc/cmdline
    root=/dev/ram0 rdinit=/init usbcore.autosuspend=-1 BOOT_IMAGE=/KERNEL boot=UUID=5C89-FBCB disk=UUID=16a7ebdb-fbf2-40e6-af03-a812e8cd0864  quiet pti=off spectre_v2=off l1tf=off nospec_store_bypass_disable no_stf_barrier
    # ls -1A /sys/devices/system/cpu/vulnerabilities
    l1tf
    meltdown
    spec_store_bypass
    spectre_v1
    spectre_v2

It's done by

Code
    # cat /flash/syslinux.cfg|grep APPEND
     APPEND boot=UUID=5C89-FBCB disk=UUID=16a7ebdb-fbf2-40e6-af03-a812e8cd0864  quiet pti=off spectre_v2=off l1tf=off nospec_store_bypass_disable no_stf_barrier

Some related articles can be found here, and here .

Some mitigations were not disable because I didn't do microcode rollback, too much hassle I guess...

A note here, in case if discrete GPU is present, it's probably useless to spend time on this ^^, for LibreELEC purposes...

btw,

5schatten  escalade I've found interesting article: FFmpeg Has Seen Some AVX2 Optimizations For VP9 Decoding .

• From my past experience I can only say that I had mediocre ones with genuie PS3 ones. The SHANWAN stuff should work if you follow these steps but I can't say if they will be able to connect to bt as a group.

I'm confused is bluez-tools included in this build? I have a shanwan P3 gamepad to try out and I can't get it to pair via LE settings. Not sure if this helps?

• It's done by

Code
    # cat /flash/syslinux.cfg|grep APPEND
     APPEND boot=UUID=5C89-FBCB disk=UUID=16a7ebdb-fbf2-40e6-af03-a812e8cd0864  quiet pti=off spectre_v2=off l1tf=off nospec_store_bypass_disable no_stf_barrier

Some related articles can be found here, and here .

Some mitigations were not disable because I didn't do microcode rollback, too much hassle I guess...

A note here, in case if discrete GPU is present, it's probably useless to spend time on this ^^, for LibreELEC purposes...

If you have an EFI system, the file should be /flash/EFI/BOOT/syslinux.cfg.

5schatten

As the N2/H2 isn't available at the moment and I decided that I don't need PCSX2 or Dolphin in my cabinet I've ordered the XU4 to play with. If I'm able to switch refresh rates it should be perfect.