LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• atm im a bit removed from a situation from accessing my only SD reader atm (which is basicly my MacMini) is there a means to do it live on the pi (albeit via PuTTY?)

I'm not sure if this would work with board utilities while the partition is mounted. But would probably work with an usb stick and something like Linux Mint which comes with GParted or something similiar:/

• From my past experience I can only say that I had mediocre ones with genuie PS3 ones. The SHANWAN stuff should work if you follow these steps but I can't say if they will be able to connect to bt as a group.

As I said this is most likely a kernel related problem and should be solved by upstream code. I reached out to some LE devs if they have any suggestions. Anyway I would create a new ticket Ticketsystem - LibreELEC Forum & a dedicated thread in the support forum General Support because it's LE9 related and not limited to this build.

5schatten, Thank you for your response. I've forgotten to mention I am using the S905 build and do not have the option to try the Retropie instructions.

Thank you for creating the ticket. I really hope something will work out.

• 5schatten hmm i see the RC1 Pi build was pulled, any particular reason?

Not really but they've been testing builds and since AMD needs further polish I've removed them.

5schatten, Thank you for your response. I've forgotten to mention I am using the S905 build and do not have the option to try the Retropie instructions.

Thank you for creating the ticket. I really hope something will work out.

Well that's exactly the same... you have to connect by ssh and follow the steps I've linked. Otherwise use the LibreELEC settings menu and try to connect these controller in the bluetooth menu. These steps are independent of your platform so for generic, RPi & S905 you have to do the same.

If after following these steps you don’t get the controller to connect, or the connection is unreliable (ex. only connected once). Make sure you are using a genuing controller. The market is flooded with high quality fakes.

• EDIT:

bigboo

So maybe it's the "radeon" driver that just won't work :/ well I've read a bit and since LE comes with both the radeon& amdgpu drivers maybe we should give the latter a try. Could you create the xorg.conf file and check if it works if you put in this? Then xorg should use the amdgpu driver which is probably more suitable for newer AMD stuff.

Also you could try this echo "blacklist radeon" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/radeon.conf and blacklist the radeon kernel driver to force the amdgpu one.

Just make sure you have a backup in case this prevent's xorg from loading. Because you serve as a guinea pig ^^

It failed > just a black screen after the libreelec boot screen.

but ssh was still working so it was easy to remove these added files.

• here we go

EDIT: In fact I have a terminal screen on my TV, the first line saying:

[FAILED] Failed to start Xorg Server

Well my assumption was wrong -> I thought radeon & amdgpu cover somewhat similiar GPU and amdgpu is just a newer driver but only Vulkan Islands & newer, so the r9 285, are supported by this driver. And as stated before it's most likely a bug in either Mesa or Retroarch so no chance for me to resolve this problem.

Then again try to run Dolphin with Vulkan backend because then you'll know if Vulkan works at all.

• 5schatten I tried to change GFXBackend = VULKAN in dolphin.ini but it doesn't change anything, I'm not sure dolphin take it into account, other problem I have is the low res UI interface for dolphin so some option are hidden/out of the scrren, every tricks you told me to fix this have failed.

• 5schatten I tried to change GFXBackend = VULKAN in dolphin.ini but it doesn't change anything, I'm not sure dolphin take it into account, other problem I have is the low res UI interface for dolphin so some option are hidden/out of the scrren, every tricks you told me to fix this have failed.

Try GFXBackend = Vulkan maybe it's case sensitive

If the menus won't fit you first have to set the correct dpi in xorg.conf

Xorg - ArchWiki

PX CALC: DPI Calculator with Dot Pitch, Size, Aspect Ratio, Pixels, and Megapixels

• 5schatten "Vulkan" worked... but only to an error message when starting dolphin "No vulkan physical devices available"

Logfile of Dolphin when it does not start in Vulkan mode?

EDIT:

Well okay I guess the cards just does not support it. https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming…280x_in/dharjei

So bascially KMS is buggy because of driver and/or Retroarch quirk and Vulkan is not available for this GPUs /shrug

But hey praise AMDs open source drivers...:rolleyes:

• OK so with AMD open-source drivers I have:

-bad HDMI audio

-no vulkan

-no kms

-a bug message with GL with Dolphin

GREAT!

I'll try the intergrated gpu of the i5 3750 the next time I have access to this PC

• To be fair kms is basically working but IMHO Retroarch has a faulty implementation since in the bug report someone stated kmscube needed a patch too & since others suffer from the same Failed to create shared context for shader compiling bug with newer RX 470 cards+amdgpu driver it's not an exclusiv bug for you :D

I would recommend to create a new issue here Tickets - Emulator - Dolphin Issue tracker and hopefully some of the Dolphin devs have a look at it.

Also it might be a Mesa 18.3.0 problem because someone at the arch user repo has a this problem too:

would like to return to stable mesa but am having trouble doing so.

I tried pacman -S vulkan-radeon lib32-vulkan-radeon lib32-mesa mesa lib32-llvm-libs llvm-libs lib32-llvm llvm clang but Steam fails to launch with "Main.cpp (332) : Assertion Failed: Fatal Error: glXChooseVisual failed" and Dolphin Emulator will tell me "Failed to create shared context for shader compiling." a couple times before it boots.

• First of all thank you very much for this build many emulators work out of the box wich is great. Dolphin is not starting true retroarch. But when i start dolphin manually with "/bin/dolphin.start" and i confugure sound (Audio Backend) to "No Audio Output" it start the game (also playable), but when i set it to ALSA it crashes (return to kodi home screen) or screen stays black

Dolphin.log says:

Code
    Case insensitive sorting unsupported in the posix collation implementation
    Numeric mode unsupported in the posix collation implementation
    qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 1023, resource id: 6292729, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0
    ALSA lib /home/supervisedthinking/le90-rr/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.7/src/pcm/pcm_dmix.c:1099:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::system_error'
      what():  Invalid argument
    Aborted

Sound is working in Kodi (and other emulators like snes n64). I did not alter asound.conf, so i guess im using the autoconfig.

any ideas on how to analyse this problem ?

• First of all thank you very much for this build many emulators work out of the box wich is great. Dolphin is not starting true retroarch. But when i start dolphin manually with "/bin/dolphin.start" and i confugure sound (Audio Backend) to "No Audio Output" it start the game (also playable), but when i set it to ALSA it crashes (return to kodi home screen) or screen stays black

Dolphin.log says:

Code
    Case insensitive sorting unsupported in the posix collation implementation
    Numeric mode unsupported in the posix collation implementation
    qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 1023, resource id: 6292729, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0
    ALSA lib /home/supervisedthinking/le90-rr/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.7/src/pcm/pcm_dmix.c:1099:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::system_error'
      what():  Invalid argument
    Aborted

Sound is working in Kodi (and other emulators like snes n64). I did not alter asound.conf, so i guess im using the autoconfig.

any ideas on how to analyse this problem ?

set autoconfig to false in \\your-device\Configfiles\rr-config\advanced.conf then get a list of your output devices by entering aplay -L in a terminal & finally add this device to your asound.conf

Retroarch uses lr-dolphin which has nothing to do with standalone Dolphin which you start in Emulationstation. Most of the standalone emulators rely on SDL for audio output so if the ALSA backend is not configured correct they won't work.

• set autoconfig to false in \\your-device\Configfiles\rr-config\advanced.conf then get a list of your output devices by entering aplay -L in a terminal & finally add this device to your asound.conf

Retroarch uses lr-dolphin which has nothing to do with standalone Dolphin which you start in Emulationstation. Most of the standalone emulators rely on SDL for audio output so if the ALSA backend is not configured correct they won't work.

Thnx for reply.

I configured sound and set it to my sound device, same problem. Its stuck in the wii (White) starting screen where it shows you the controller.

Retroarch.log shows:

--------------

[WARN] [GL]: Stock GLSL shaders will be used.

[INFO] [Video]: Found display server: x11

[INFO] Found shader "/tmp/shaders/bilinear.glslp"

[INFO] Found shader "/tmp/shaders/nearest.glslp"

[INFO] Found shader "/tmp/shaders/slang-conversion-template.glsl"

[INFO] Found shader "/tmp/shaders/stock.glsl"

[ERROR] [ALSA]: Failed to initialize...

[ERROR] Failed to initialize audio driver. Will continue without audio.

[libretro WARN] 28:11:583 VideoBackends/OGL/Render.cpp:754 W[Video]: Missing OGL Extensions: PinnedMemory

[ERROR] [ALSA]: Failed to initialize...

[ERROR] Failed to initialize audio driver. Will continue without audio.

[libretro WARN] 28:11:207 VideoCommon/BPStructs.cpp:681 W[Video]: Unknown BP opcode: address = 0x00000069 value = 0x000004ed

[libretro WARN] 28:11:207 VideoCommon/BPStructs.cpp:681 W[Video]: Unknown BP opcode: address = 0x00000046 value = 0x00000273

----------------

So i guess its an retroarch issue or broken config file.

again when i start dolphin manual --> /bin/dolphin.start it works (without sound)