LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• BlaBla1973  bigboo

Well I did some research and it looks to me that both mupen64plus & Citra standalone have problems with audio output. My workstation runs those fine unless I try to set the audio to hdmi output which is basically not detected at all. It just lists the onboard audio devices. It looks like at least citra had some quirks in the past with automatic audio detection SDL2: Selecting an audio device · Issue #1838 · citra-emu/citra · GitHub and so they ended up with an option to chose the audio device. But as stated before if your device is not listed you can't chose it as an output.

So all in all it looks to me it's something that GitHub - m64p/mupen64plus-gui: mupen64plus GUI written in Qt5 & GitHub - citra-emu/citra: A Nintendo 3DS Emulator have to fix in their code by proper detecting all output devices since Dolphin uses QT/SDL and just works /shrug

But maybe reworking the asoud.conf like this could also help but my knowledge of ALSA is somewhat limited:/ https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/advanced_linux_sound_architecture/troubleshooting#hdmi_output_does_not_work

Maybe you could give this a try too:

https://download.nvidia.com/xfree86/gpu-hdmi-audio-document/#_alsa_default_device

But make sure you set RR_AUTOCONFIG_SOUND=false if you manually alter the asound.conf file!

• 5schatten, Is there some chance of you to add "https://github.com/jehervy/node-virtual-gamepads" to the project?

Since it is some Node.js stuff chances are pretty low. And to be honest I have no clue if Retroarch or SDL2 will detect this even if I would add a complete node Server. And all in all...why? I mean the gaming experience with touchscreens is inferior even to the cheapest real gamepads many old console or arcade games need a quite precise input. /shrug

• 5schatten sorry I don't have time for now for further tests for sdls ound card detection.

I have some suggestions for some more systems directories (as they are used by the scrapper I use and by rom dats like no-intro)

1. separate atari800 (computer) from atari5200 (consoles) they used incompatible cartdrige and have differents rom dats.

2. separate msx and msx2, they have different roms dats (like gb/gbc)

3. add atomiswave and naomi directories (much like the neogeo directory), lr-reicast should now work with them.

• Anyone else who experienced issues with Intel GPU from Kaby Lake (Pentium G4560) with recent beta versions? I had flickering and glitches in menus and some videos would cause the signal to be lost to my TV. Reverting to beta08 fixed the issue but everything up to beta15 at least has this error. Happens intermittent and was quite frustrating, don't dare upgrading because of this.

• 5schatten sorry I don't have time for now for further tests for sdls ound card detection.

I have some suggestions for some more systems directories (as they are used by the scrapper I use and by rom dats like no-intro)

1. separate atari800 (computer) from atari5200 (consoles) they used incompatible cartdrige and have differents rom dats.

2. separate msx and msx2, they have different roms dats (like gb/gbc)

3. add atomiswave and naomi directories (much like the neogeo directory), lr-reicast should now work with them.

Well I thought about atomiswave & naomi already but the problem is these systems were not covered by any ES theme and Retroarch does not care where you store your roms and just checks if any of your roms matches rdb entries. So creating an atari800 subfolder is no big deal cause there is a ES theme entry for it, msx2 is missing but probably covered by msx.

All in all you have to make sure if a platform id exists that covers your desired system in platformid.cpp otherwise the scraper wouldn't look for it.

Someone has to add these systems first like a dude did this in this PR for pc-engine stuff Fixes for issues #503 and #505. by c0d3h4x0r · Pull Request #507 · RetroPie/EmulationStation · GitHub but since TGDB - Search does not support these platforms it's a waste of time /shrug

Anyone else who experienced issues with Intel GPU from Kaby Lake (Pentium G4560) with recent beta versions? I had flickering and glitches in menus and some videos would cause the signal to be lost to my TV. Reverting to beta08 fixed the issue but everything up to beta15 at least has this error. Happens intermittent and was quite frustrating, don't dare upgrading because of this.

This is probably something for the Kodi or LE bug tracker so double check and install a recent LE 9 alpha 8 to make sure it does work there because I'm using upstream code for Kodi & FFmpeg which is likely responsible for any video playback issues.

• 5schatten

Question about the makemkv addon

Suppose that i want to buy a key for makemkv would that be a problem with the key update code in your plugin?

Well as long as MakeMKV is a beta the key is not needed and once it's needed the key updater won't work anymore. So I could implement some function to read the key from a file but as I said it makes no sense right now. You can still buy the code to support the development of MakeMKV though.

• 5schatten

Well you are right that while it is in beta a key is not needed, but what about this statement on their website?

MakeMKV BETA has several major restrictions.

Program is time-limited -- it will stop functioning after 60 days. You can always download the latest version from makemkv.com that will reset the expiration date.

• 5schatten

Well you are right that while it is in beta a key is not needed, but what about this statement on their website?

MakeMKV BETA has several major restrictions.

Program is time-limited -- it will stop functioning after 60 days. You can always download the latest version from makemkv.com that will reset the expiration date.

Probably because this key changes every two months... https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053 otherwise I don't see how the program should know how long it's already in use. Or has MakeMKV stopped working for you?

Btw.... https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4612 since this question came up 6(!) years ago and they also refered to the beta key so... /shrug

• 5schatten

I use makemkv on my desktop (linuxmint) and it never stopped working, but i have the update function disabled.

Strangely in the about box it says version never expires..

Well IMHO this package is way diffrent of the Kodi addon since it's the libs that Kodi uses and probably not even the makemkv binary. Anyway if it needs a proper key one day I would have to drop the update script anyway /shrug

• 5schatten could you add a default frontend option to \rr-config\advanced.conf?

It would start the desired frontend at boot with 3 options:

kodi (same as now)

emulationstation (like retropie)

retroarch (like lakka)

I have a dedicaced pc for retrogaming and I would like it to start emulationstation directly at boot since I don't use kodi on it, but then the emulationstation menu would need to have a shutdown option (I think retropie has one).

• tl:dr no it's not possible

Lakka and Retropie don't use standard Retroarch or Emulationstation versions but special builds that include options for system settings. The shutdown menus don't work for LE since they refer to not existing scripts & I've created a patch to remove them. You still need Kodi since it's used to set stuff like screen resolution, network settings or connects the bluetooth controllers. But you could disable all menu entries in Kodi so if you boot up it would only show Emulationstation or Retroarch which means you have to press just one or two buttons to start either RA or ES.:/

• Hi, Had this working in... the start of October, had to reinstall now because I'm switching drives, but I'm having a lot of problems, is it possible to download an older version? like... beta7 or something?
    Basically, it wont install without nomodeset, then when I try to start (with nomodeset) it gets stuck in a "failed to start xorg server" loop.

• Hi, Had this working in... the start of October, had to reinstall now because I'm switching drives, but I'm having a lot of problems, is it possible to download an older version? like... beta7 or something?
    Basically, it wont install without nomodeset, then when I try to start (with nomodeset) it gets stuck in a "failed to start xorg server" loop.

Well what kind of hardware do you use... does the latest LE 9.0 Alpha 008 work for you LibreELEC (Leia) v8.90.008 ALPHA – LibreELEC

• It's pretty old hardware with an AMD a4 apu, the latest alpha does not work either.. exact same thing,
    I have to have nomodeset on, and when I try to boot it gets stuck on trying to start the xorg server
    it also says:
    Failed to start Xorg server.
    Is your GPU supported?

If it does not work with LE 9 Alpha builds it won't work with mine also state the exact hardware (cpu / mainboard) configuration otherwise nobody can help you.