LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Hey Frank hope you enjoyed your beers last weekend :) Been playing around with amiberry and had an issue with my controller (yes that one again ^^) not being picked up from retroarch. I'm not sure why it's not picking up subdirs but I had to change the controller line in adfdir.conf line to point to udev to pick it up:

controllers_path=/tmp/autoconfig/udev/

Yeah thanks for the beer! That is unfortunately "normal" because amiberry has a weird way to pick up controller configs. Instead of chosing the correct driver by its GUID or some kind or hardware identifier it just checks if a controller config with the same name as the connected controller is present. But here the fun begins... since RA has a different name scheme for 8bit controllers because they have several modes (XInput/DInput/fake Xbox or Pro Controller) Amiberry would not work.
    So I decided to create a additional config dir where you can place controller configs to make it work without interrupting or altering RA files.

It's a rotten compromise but makes sure everyone can use his prefered controller.

• I tried use it in my Odroid C2 S905 but it not start.
    There are any dtb.img for that ?
    I tried gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb and simillar but no signal from HDMI

Best Regards

You'll need meson64_odroidc2.dtb but I'm not sure if the bootloader will pick up the dtb because the odroid c2 is a target device of it's own. So it's possible that these devices need a specific build like the Khadas VIM. Which build did you try? There is also a generic S905 build available.

• Beta 11 is online:

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream
    • updated Generic kernel to 4.18.14 / RPi to 4.18.12
    • updated vulkan-loader to 1.1.87
    • added alsamixer -> adjust your alsa sound output with a graphical interface
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated dolphin & citra
    • fixed fbdev for S905/S905X devices -> HDMI & 720p resolution should work now
    • added tigervnc for generic systems -> systemctl start tigervnc pw: libreelec
    • fixed some refresh rate settings -> SCUMMVM should not have crackling sound after playing Atari or Amiga games anymore
    • several under-the-hood-reworks (recreated lr-cores | use custom SDL2-git | reworked start scripts | adjusted project specific scripts | unified frontend & app python script names | updated addon dependencies | [...] )
  • You'll need meson64_odroidc2.dtb but I'm not sure if the bootloader will pick up the dtb because the odroid c2 is a target device of it's own. So it's possible that these devices need a specific build like the Khadas VIM. Which build did you try? There is also a generic S905 build available.

Hi 5schatten.
    Thanks a lot for your reply.

I tested meson64_odroidc2.dtb renaming it to dtb.img and not works too.
    The generic S905 doesn't start.

I think i need one specific build for Odroid C2

• I see you've reworked the scripts to start ES which has broken my custom shortcuts in my Kodi skin. Can you let me know how to start ES from a custom shortcut? I did have XBMC.RunScript(emulationstation-frontend.py)

EDIT: I figured it, you changed the name of the script to frontend-emualtionstation.py) :/

• I see you've reworked the scripts to start ES which has broken my custom shortcuts in my Kodi skin. Can you let me know how to start ES from a custom shortcut? I did have XBMC.RunScript(emulationstation-frontend.py)

EDIT: I figured it, you changed the name of the script to frontend-emualtionstation.py) :/

If you run into such problems first check the FAQ -> if I change something "under the hood" I change the FAQ too so it's less confusing ^^

I've change the names to have a unified name structure & now I don't ship arm build spotify or chrome python scripts anymore what just makes no sense.

• I think PSP is broken in latest release? Got this in the log:

sh: /usr/bin/retroarch-nokms.start: not found

I have no clue but I guess it will be supported if it's made by the Raspberry guys.

Thanks a lot! It works! Odroid C2 boots ok. I will give you feedback soon and buy you one coff!!

Thx! Well any reports how it works?

Would the new Raspberry Pi TV Hat work in LE?

Introducing the Raspberry Pi TV HAT - Raspberry Pi

delete the "-nokms.start" in es_systems.cfg -> this nokms start script shouldn't be shipped with arm builds /shrug:/

• Have a xorg start problem with a frakenrig I'm working on. It's got an onboard Nvidia 6100 that's trying to load xorg-nvidia-legacy.conf, even though its not enabled nor shows up in lspci, and I have an AMD hd7570 installed. Any way to fix this without compileing my own librelec build? PS also happens in official and Escalade builds

• Have a xorg start problem with a frakenrig I'm working on. It's got an onboard Nvidia 6100 that's trying to load xorg-nvidia-legacy.conf, even though its not enabled nor shows up in lspci, and I have an AMD hd7570 installed. Any way to fix this without compileing my own librelec build? PS also happens in official and Escalade builds

Does the official LE 9.0 alpha build run with this config? What kind of board do you use? You've disabled the IGP in your bios? Maybe it's possible to blacklist some kernel modules from loading. Building LE from source without the NV driver could be an option too.

• Does the official LE 9.0 alpha build run with this config? What kind of board do you use? You've disabled the IGP in your bios? Maybe it's possible to blacklist some kernel modules from loading. Building LE from source without the NV driver could be an option too.

None of the versions work. Unless I reboot like 8 times, then it magicly works, or if I let it bootloop for a bit, libreelec will enter a safe mode and work fine

• I mean I literally need to remove one file and from what I've read if you ask anything about unsquashing the filesystem on this forum you get like shunned immediately and or a vague copy-paste about how you might be able to use .config to do what you want

• I mean I literally need to remove one file and from what I've read if you ask anything about unsquashing the filesystem on this forum you get like shunned immediately and or a vague copy-paste about how you might be able to use .config to do what you want

Well if you're refering to this xorg issue x86_64  chewitt told you what to do. Your frankenrig fails to boot because it tries to use the nForce IGP with the legacy driver what won't work. If you create a custom xorg.conf file it has priority over the nvidia config files. In fact you could also compile a build for yourself disable all Nvidia drivers or replace the nvidia legacy driver with this version NVIDIA that probably still supports your old hardware.... but I guess this old driver will fail to run along Xorg 1.20.x so in the end try the custom xorg.conf.

And since you're talking about beeing shunned or "vague copy-paste" config.... have you read my start post? You've supplied any log files? You've told us what mainboard you use? No? Well yeah maybe that's the reason nobody could tell you exactly what to do.

Btw.:

https://openelec.tv/documentation/…ustom-xorg-conf

Xorg - ArchWiki

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/amdgpu#xorg_configuration