LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Build 18.0 | 201905-2d4bded is online

• updated to latest LE9.0.0
    • updated to Kodi 18.0
    • upgraded Generic kernel to 4.19.18 / RPi to 4.19.17
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated dolphin & citra
  • I understand that, but for the average jane/john doe it is necessary to know how it works, so at least add this info to the download section or howto.

That way it is clear how it works.

Point is that if you install the addon it simply won't work right away, witch could lead to frustration.. (i found out how it works by reading the code)

I agree that "Addon setting management" would be necessary to for full all possible needs and i do understand that it is no priority for you, but it may have priority to your users. It is just a thought.

It's probably a better to opt out this addon from this thread and create a dedicated one.

[OpenGL] [dithering] / several glitches / dots & lines · Issue #438 · libretro/beetle-psx-libretro · GitHub

is this issue still prevelent? been using batocera linux for a while but would prefer to have this as my primary os.

Yes it's still present

Does anyone know if Generic Intel x86 builds allows for DRM/KMS Vulkan equivalent for Retroarch ? On Intel drivers.

On my Intel system Vulkan & KMS works together.

hi hope someone can help I'm looking to get moonlight working for libreelec so i can stream my games from my pc?

This says it has it does it work?

Thanks

FAQ

• No I dont use those addons. Here is the full zip file from 4 days ago. It actually should show how Im starting Retroarch and resolution changes automatically between 1080p and 2160p. Maybe it also shows that ES is shrinked to the corner and gets normal after some further tries. And it should also show that Retroarch on 2160p crashs if I start a game. However its already a few days ago and I dont know exactly what I tried to record. You dont have to look at it you can also wait until Im able to create a new logfile (I gave my NUC back for a few days).

As I said I don't use 4k screens but never experienced too small screens in ES. I've included a Quake2 client that had this behaviour too but only if it's not set to fullscreen.

No, I didnt use the config file of my AML box for the NUC. I just wrote down what video options on my AML box were turned on/off and tested them for my NUC. However I stucked in black screen when I started a game and wasnt able to reverse the settings. So I restored the config file of your build that I've saved straight after installation. However with the default settings Retroarch always closed if I started a game. And I noticed that the enabled fullscreen mode could be the reason for that. Because when I started Retroarch on your build for the first time it already didnt work. After some time it suddenly worked. I had no clue why. When I compared the settings from my AML box and the NUC I noticed that fullscreen mode on my NUC is disabled. I couldnt enable it in Retroarch for some reason so I changed it in the config file and then Retroarch didnt work anymore. By disabling it Retroarch started working again.

NUC =! ARM stuff... the x86 based systems come with xorg server so they rely on an windows system program while the arm build directly rencer the stuff to the framebuffer. So you can't excactly compare them unless they run the same system software.

Maybe the log files above can explain something.

Another question: I was thinking about giving my NUC back and spend 50 euros more for a small upgrade (NUC7PJYH with an Intel Pentium J5005 chip). However that probably wouldnt change much, would it? Because - I dont know if its up to date - I have read that pcsx2 and ppsspp dont support quad cores.

And a request: Yesterday I tried to backup my savegame from a wii game. However I noticed that it is a bit complicated since savegames and other user files like screenshots get stored in /var/share/dolphin-emu ... or was it /storage/.local/share/dolphin.. something like that, sorry cant check anymore. Anyways since its only accessable by using ssh I wondered if you could change that path somehow maybe to the config file folder or something like that. It was even better if I could change the savegame path to my sd card. I tried this command:

The J4005 was fine the J5005 has 4 cores 4 threads while the celeron has 2 cores / 4 threads. Both have a TDP of 10W so when they run hot I suspect the J5005 will throttle earlier. The thing is both are faster than any arm stuff but not as fast as an i3 or else. IMHO the J5005 is too expensive and won't let you run PCSX2 or Beetle-PSX too. If you really want to run all games then you've to buy a mini-itx system with a small i3 or AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, 4x 3.50GHz, boxed ab â¬Â 91,90 (2019) | Preisvergleich Geizhals Deutschland or Intel Pentium Gold G5400, 2x 3.70GHz, tray ab â¬Â 70,92 (2019) | Preisvergleich Geizhals Deutschland

For emulation your need high IPC & high clock frequencies. For high resolutions you'll need a "decent" IGP too but things get expensive then.

About the Dolphin dir -> I've changed to path so you can access & backup your data by copying the dolphin-emu dir in configfiles.

shown here but it didnt work. Putty said something like permission denied..

Ah and I have 4gb memory. Is that to little? Because when I enabled debug logging a few days ago it showed my something like 320487/350948

4GB of RAM are enough as long as they come as 2x2GB for dual channel speed. When I play GT4 it uses about 4GB of RAM.

• Hi, I'm testing this release and...... WHOUAAAAAA it's so good :

-> Use it on rpi 3

-> My madcatz is recognized !! (think it's a part of kodi 18 but whatever, it's good)

-> Emulation for neogeo and snes works very well

So I'm gonna stay on your build : Thanks !!

For any future upgrade, I just need to put the image into UPDATE folder ?

• "Blame" Retroarch for out of the box madcatz support ^^ mad catz ,ltd. mad catz game controller.cfg

And yes just check the thread from time to time, download the new image, place it in your update folder and reboot. If anything else is needed I'll make some notes to the changelog.

• 5schatten i noticed in your latest build jou changed in ES the scraper.

I read somewhere that screenscraper is capable of scraping videosnaps.

Do i need to set this up in es conffig files or os this going automaticly if they are avaible?

• I agree.

Would you be so kind to do so? ( if you have the time of course)

I'll create a new thread for this if I find some time.

5schatten i noticed in your latest build jou changed in ES the scraper.

I read somewhere that screenscraper is capable of scraping videosnaps.

Do i need to set this up in es conffig files or os this going automaticly if they are avaible?

Well yes no maybe. TheGamesDB updated it's API and dropped the legacy one so ES needed a reworked interface to scrape fanart. This does not automatically mean you can scrape more stuff. ES needs to pull all of those stuff otherwise use a thrid party tool.

Add ScreenScraper.fr as scraping source by cmitu · Pull Request #519 · RetroPie/EmulationStation · GitHub

New TheGamesDB API support for the scraper by acrummyidea · Pull Request #520 · RetroPie/EmulationStation · GitHub

• I've noticed in the last 2 build that PSX performance has declined on S905. It used to be amazingly smooth and now the sound and graphics stutter and can be super slow at times. Can anyone elaborate on settings that have changed or what may be causing this? Thank you.

• I've noticed in the last 2 build that PSX performance has declined on S905. It used to be amazingly smooth and now the sound and graphics stutter and can be super slow at times. Can anyone elaborate on settings that have changed or what may be causing this? Thank you.

There haven't been any important changes within months beside aarch64 stuff & an improved gaussian audio filter.

Commits · libretro/pcsx_rearmed · GitHub

History for packages/5schatten/emulation-lr-cores/lr-pcsx-rearmed/package.mk - 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

If you re-run the game does it slow down at the same spots everytime? If not I suspect your device is thermal throtteling /shrug Which games do you run? I've tested PCSX reARMed with Gran Turismo 2 with enhanced resolution and it ran fine for me.

Otherwise delete retroarch.cfg & retroarch-core-options.cfg to get rid of old configurations. :/

• There haven't been any important changes within months beside aarch64 stuff & an improved gaussian audio filter.

Commits · libretro/pcsx_rearmed · GitHub

History for packages/5schatten/emulation-lr-cores/lr-pcsx-rearmed/package.mk - 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

If you re-run the game does it slow down at the same spots everytime? If not I suspect your device is thermal throtteling /shrug Which games do you run? I've tested PCSX reARMed with Gran Turismo 2 with enhanced resolution and it ran fine for me.

Otherwise delete retroarch.cfg & retroarch-core-options.cfg to get rid of old configurations. :/

Thanks again for getting back to me. I rolled back to the RC5 or RC4 build and it works flawlessly on all games (I tested with Metal Gear Solid). Once I update to the latest RC and official builds, the music begins to stutter right away at the "Konami" intro screen and the rest of it is choppy and slow. All I did was drop the .tar file in the .update folder and reboot. Not sure why this would cause anything to change on my config files. I'll do some more testing on my end once I find the time. Rolling back seems to allow me to enjoy my games anyway.

• I have a problem with emulationstation, it does not download covers or information about games, which may be wrong.

I tested it today and the included scraper is working. Check your rom name scheme. Which platform & game was not scraped?

Thanks again for getting back to me. I rolled back to the RC5 or RC4 build and it works flawlessly on all games (I tested with Metal Gear Solid). Once I update to the latest RC and official builds, the music begins to stutter right away at the "Konami" intro screen and the rest of it is choppy and slow. All I did was drop the .tar file in the .update folder and reboot. Not sure why this would cause anything to change on my config files. I'll do some more testing on my end once I find the time. Rolling back seems to allow me to enjoy my games anyway.

Retroarch is under heavy development as all cores. I update them basically with every new release so if your run into problems first delete those old config files since it's quite possible that old configuration options cause problems.

Also did you download any cores from the build bot?

Otherwise provide a Retroarch log after you've set the Core Logging Level to 0(Debug) in RA.

• Build 18.0 | 201906-75729a1 is online

• updated to latest LE9.x
    • updated Generic kernel to 4.19.19 / RPi to 4.19.19
    • reenabled updates for built in addons (inputsream | pvr clients etc.) -> if LE notifies you about LibreELEC (system not addons) updates then disable them in LE settings since those are vanilla updates.
    • updated to mesa mesa-19.0.0-rc1
    • updated Retroarch to release 1.7.6
    • added loading screen to Emulationstation splash
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated dolphin & citra