LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• You use the wrong device. Your TV signals that you use HDMI1 so the first input of it's HDMI connections. I'm talking about your HDMI outputs and on Linux the numbering starts with 0. So set your output to hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 in my addon and reboot your device.

Thank you the reboot made it :)

• I've now got a problem where I can't download any addons from the LE repo 🤨

Is anyone else getting "installation failed" when trying to download an addon from the official repo? This is on a fresh install so I'm not sure if its build related or LE related? Someone else has it here with milhouse build so I'm thinking LE

• Hey me again xD since I found some ps2 games which seem to run on my nuc I'm interested in running pcsx2 aswell. There is just a little detail in pcsx2 what annoys me a bit and I wondered if you maybe experienced that too. If I start a ps2 game via emulationstation I always get an error

"CDVD plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers. Press OK to go to the Plugin Configuration Panel."

I can just close this notification and start the game via System -> Boot ISO (fast). I cant explain this to myself because google says this error is caused when an iso is already in use. But how should this be the case in LibreElec? If I search for results in combination with LE I found this. Thats not about the CDVD plugin but about the GS plugin but maybe its similar?

Here are my logfiles

• Is there a way to obtain single pieces of your fork and install them on the official libreelec? For example, creating an emulationstation addon like the one created by "bite your idols" with the gamestarter repository.

Thank you

• Hey me again xD since I found some ps2 games which seem to run on my nuc I'm interested in running pcsx2 aswell. There is just a little detail in pcsx2 what annoys me a bit and I wondered if you maybe experienced that too. If I start a ps2 game via emulationstation I always get an error

"CDVD plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers. Press OK to go to the Plugin Configuration Panel."

I can just close this notification and start the game via System -> Boot ISO (fast). I cant explain this to myself because google says this error is caused when an iso is already in use. But how should this be the case in LibreElec? If I search for results in combination with LE I found this. Thats not about the CDVD plugin but about the GS plugin but maybe its similar?

Here are my logfiles

Have you cleaned your PCSX2 config and tried again? I never had this issue on any of my systems so to me this sounds like a screwed up config. :/

Is there a way to obtain single pieces of your fork and install them on the official libreelec? For example, creating an emulationstation addon like the one created by "bite your idols" with the gamestarter repository.

Thank you

What's wrong with gamestarter or Retroplayer if you want to use a Kodi addon anyway /shrug

Is anyone else getting "installation failed" when trying to download an addon from the official repo? This is on a fresh install so I'm not sure if its build related or LE related? Someone else has it here with milhouse build so I'm thinking LE

Keep an eye on this LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) -> since I build the LE master branch any update regarding this will be included anyway.

• Have you cleaned your PCSX2 config and tried again? I never had this issue on any of my systems so to me this sounds like a screwed up config. :/

What's wrong with gamestarter or Retroplayer if you want to use a Kodi addon anyway /shrug

Keep an eye on this LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) -> since I build the LE master branch any update regarding this will be included anyway.

The gamestarter repo has Emulationstation version 2.0.1 that hasn't video preview support. You've merged last version of emulationstation. I'm trying to obtain this.

With kodi and retroplayer I've not a good scraping solution. I was expecting to find in the new libreelec 9 the same visualization of series/movies for the games, but it seems to be not possible at the moment, so you've to use some scraper addon like advanced launcher. Am I missing something?

Thank you

• Have you cleaned your PCSX2 config and tried again? I never had this issue on any of my systems so to me this sounds like a screwed up config. :/

No I had this issue from beginning on.. I just tried it after cleaning config but the issue persists. Its always the first attempt. I try to launch it via emulationstation and get this notification. I click ok or cancel, try it again this time via boot iso and it works.

Now I launched pcsx2 via putty to skip emulationstation. Then started the game via boot iso and it works at the first try.

..So its because of emulationstation?

• Hey 5Schatten, why i cant install "Docker" for the PS2?

I try over Libreelec Addons Repo, but always when i hit this Repo, i get the message could not read from remote repository

A Rightclick and search for a Update doesnt help me ;/

• The gamestarter repo has Emulationstation version 2.0.1 that hasn't video preview support. You've merged last version of emulationstation. I'm trying to obtain this.

With kodi and retroplayer I've not a good scraping solution. I was expecting to find in the new libreelec 9 the same visualization of series/movies for the games, but it seems to be not possible at the moment, so you've to use some scraper addon like advanced launcher. Am I missing something?

Thank you

Well you need several packages & PulseAudio to use video previews in ES. I guess that's the reason why Gamestarter doesn't support this because this needs deeper changes in your system. As stated in my start post maybe one day Retroplayer will be feature complete but right now it's just a proof of concept & work in progress to me.

No I had this issue from beginning on.. I just tried it after cleaning config but the issue persists. Its always the first attempt. I try to launch it via emulationstation and get this notification. I click ok or cancel, try it again this time via boot iso and it works.

Now I launched pcsx2 via putty to skip emulationstation. Then started the game via boot iso and it works at the first try.

..So its because of emulationstation?

What did you do? Install Docker & place the bios files and iso in the directories and run the game afterwards? ES has nothing to do with this since it just runs the PCSX2.start command and points to the game you want to run. Or do you try to load real game discs?

Hey 5Schatten, why i cant install "Docker" for the PS2?

I try over Libreelec Addons Repo, but always when i hit this Repo, i get the message could not read from remote repository

A Rightclick and search for a Update doesnt help me ;/

Well looks like the LE 9.1 addon repo isn't populated right now so I have to probably revert this distro: bump OS_VERSION/ADDON_VERSION to 9.1 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@8964c21 · GitHub and rebuild the images.

• What did you do? Install Docker & place the bios files and iso in the directories and run the game afterwards? ES has nothing to do with this since it just runs the PCSX2.start command and points to the game you want to run. Or do you try to load real game discs?

No real discs, just isos. And yes I installed Docker from the LE repo or from your google drive or both. Not sure. Its too long ago.

I just remember that I needed 2 attempts.

I placed the bios in bios folder and also selected it in the pcsx2 configuration wizard.

My isos are on a sd card. I changed the paths in a file called es_systems I guess.

Maybe I should reinstall everything. Do I have to connect my ssd with my computer to formate it or can I overwrite everything by flashing LE from sd card again?

• 5schatten Would you be interested in having a dedicated folder for savefiles and savestates (at least for retroarch for now)? This helps to keep rom folders less cluttered.

This is easy to do via the retroarch config file. In fact, Lakka does this.

savefile_directory = /storage/savefiles/

savestate_directory = /storage/savestates/

Here are the folders I used but open for other ideas (I think I followed escalade or niabi's build)

savefile directory = /storage/.config/retroarch/savefiles/

savestate directory = /storage/.config/retroarch/savestates/

If you like the idea, I can submit a pull request for it.

• Well I think that's something everyone should decide for yourself. A path like /storage/roms/*system*/savefiles would be okay if you prefer a somewhat clean directory. I've stored my roms in a central place and play games from different systems so for my usecase it makes sense to store the savefiles in this central point too.

• Well I think that's something everyone should decide for yourself. A path like /storage/roms/*system*/savefiles would be okay if you prefer a somewhat clean directory. I've stored my roms in a central place and play games from different systems so for my usecase it makes sense to store the savefiles in this central point too.

Cool, I'll just do this for my own setup and not submit a pull request.

• What did you do? Install Docker & place the bios files and iso in the directories and run the game afterwards? ES has nothing to do with this since it just runs the PCSX2.start command and points to the game you want to run.

i have a fresh Installation now on my Homepc (I5 2500k, GTX 1080) Gamecube for example runing fine, PS2 iam in the same Situation i think.

I have Bios, and some Testroms in the right Directory. Docker is installed now. I start ES. Choose PS2, It goes short on the Kodi Screen Back, then it Start PCSX2 and give me the Warning GS Plugin Failed to open. I can press Ok and see then the Plugin Tab.
    Under the Section "GS" i have the Plugin "GSdX (8.2.1 SSE4/AVX) 1.1.0 [libGSdx] and 3 other Options.
    So i cant play PS2

• i have a fresh Installation now on my Homepc (I5 2500k, GTX 1080) Gamecube for example runing fine, PS2 iam in the same Situation i think.

I have Bios, and some Testroms in the right Directory. Docker is installed now. I start ES. Choose PS2, It goes short on the Kodi Screen Back, then it Start PCSX2 and give me the Warning GS Plugin Failed to open. I can press Ok and see then the Plugin Tab.
    Under the Section "GS" i have the Plugin "GSdX (8.2.1 SSE4/AVX) 1.1.0 [libGSdx] and 3 other Options.
    So i cant play PS2

No PCSX2 just doesn't run with nvidia drivers as docker image for whatever reasons. Maybe it's a PCSX2 config thing but since I don't use any nvidia cards in my htpc stuff I did not look into it.