LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• SumavisionQ5

I will probably get a Khadas Vim sponsored by the LE team / Chewitt which is based on a S905X but if you have a S905 box to spare I wouldn't complain to get one. In theorie if it works on the KVIm device it should work on others too but of course it's easier to create a working build if I can debug it myself.

jaykass

Basically S905 devices are now supported by Le 9.0 and I already build a S905X image for KVIM which has all the features of my RPi build. If you have some specific patches feel free to post them here.

• ok i deleted the .cfg's before updating

updated to beta 04a,

but retroarch outside a Kodi-addon still gets no sound tested over HDMI & Analog

http://ix.io/1mot

output of aplay -L

"null

Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)"

retroarch.cfg:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Cael

Well... looks like you have your ALSA device disabled. Check out your config.txt

Raspberry Pi Config.txt [LibreELEC.wiki]

and make sure it looks like this file LibreELEC.tv/config.txt at libreelec-9.0-rr · 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub and this line has to be in your config.txt

Code
    # Enable the onboard ALSA audio interface
    dtparam=audio=on

This is crucial for the ALSA device otherwise it's not available.

that fixed it. now thats left is this widevine update mess, supposedly theres an experimental fix in the milhouse testbuilds.

• slacker666

You've read the FAQ and created a valid asound.conf? You have chosen the correct HDMI audio output in Kodi?

The USB headset is... well an USB device so I guess Kodi detects it automatically and sets it as output.

Yes, i get audio in retroarch, but not in LibreELEC/Kodi. Just tried a clean install but same problem persists. Device is set to the correct HDMI device under settings (it recognizes my TV name).

Also, I had audio working fine with escalade's 8.2 builds.

• You get HDMI audio output in retroarch, chrome or spotify but not Kodi? Well because then it's probably some kind of Kodi issue that I can't resolve. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have you tried all (HDMI) outputs in Kodi? Does your sound work with the latest LE 9.0 Alpha 4?

• Just wanted to say thanks for all of the hard work put into this project. I have tried many options to build a PI 3 media player and could never get Amazon Videos or Netflix to work. I'm happy to say that it worked 'out of the box' with this variation of LibreElec. Thank You.

• The latest build broke my controllers in retroarch I think. Checked retroarch.cfg and it seems this is incorrect in the latest:

Code
    assets_directory = "/tmp/assets"

Should be

Code
    assets_directory = "/usr/share/retroarch/assets"

EDIT: There are a whole bunch of config dirs which are incorrectly set to /tmp/

• Just wanted to say thanks for all of the hard work put into this project. I have tried many options to build a PI 3 media player and could never get Amazon Videos or Netflix to work. I'm happy to say that it worked 'out of the box' with this variation of LibreElec. Thank You.

That's the main reason for me to create this build -> working VOD & playing games ^^

• im a complete Moron, my netflix issues Miiiiight be unrelated to something wrong w/ the update. (i ... sorta forgot to update my billing when i had to get a new debit card, i'll check later tonight, my brothers got it onhand to pick something up for me otw home)

• The latest build broke my controllers in retroarch I think. Checked retroarch.cfg and it seems this is incorrect in the latest:

Code
    assets_directory = "/tmp/assets"

Should be

Code
    assets_directory = "/usr/share/retroarch/assets"

EDIT: There are a whole bunch of config dirs which are incorrectly set to /tmp/

No. The directories in /tmp are an overlay filesystem that allows read and write access otherwise you wouldn't be able to update assets or retroarch-joypad-autoconfig through Retroarchs update function because /usr/share/retroarch would be read-only.

As stated above RA 1.7.4 was a broken "stable release" so delete your retroarch.cfg and re-run retroarch to create a correct default config.

• You get HDMI audio output in retroarch, chrome or spotify but not Kodi? Well because then it's probably some kind of Kodi issue that I can't resolve. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have you tried all (HDMI) outputs in Kodi? Does your sound work with the latest LE 9.0 Alpha 4?

Yep, tried them all. However, the most unlikely issue occured, both my AMP and my other TV have issues. Plugging the HDMI cable straight into my first TV (AMP connected) made everything work again (both Kodi and Retroarch), not the first thing I'd expect to happen.

Really impressed with your work on this release, working flawlessly now.