LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Well sysdedault is normally the analog output so makes no sense if you use the S/PDIF because that would normally be the 3,5mm audio jack.

Code
    sysdefault:CARD=PCH
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Analog

Anyway if it works /shrug

Yes: S/DPIF as output to an Logitech Z5500 5.1

Well Libreelec Remix 9.0 is running in a VM on Proxmox. Then i passthrough GPU (Intel HDA), onboard sound and USB's to that VM.

maby passtrough is screwing things up.

It works so im happy.

• Yes: S/DPIF as output to an Logitech Z5500 5.1

Well Libreelec Remix 9.0 is running in a VM on Proxmox. Then i passthrough GPU (Intel HDA), onboard sound and USB's to that VM.

maby passtrough is screwing things up.

It works so im happy.

Well in that case you have to specify the virtual output of you VM and that's probably an emulated audio jack :/ the host OS is attached to your surround system by an optical output but the virtual system can't know this. So keep this in mind if you run into problems ;)

• So you've got a PS4 slim & the matching controller? Thats what your system detects:

So Retroarch would look for a controller with the input_vendor_id = "1356" & input_product_id = "2508"

I have no clue why your controller is not working the because there are already 3 config files with matching IDs. Maybe it's because the name differs :/

So you could try to add a file Sony-PS4-DS4v2-Controller.cfg to \\phoenix\Configfiles\retroarch\autoconfig with this content hastebin which is basically this one sony-playstation4-dualshock4v2-controller.cfg with different input_device name.

You can also try this: Dualshock 4 crazy-fast, repeating controls - Lakka - Libretro Forums then you need something like WinSCP and delete the files in /tmp/autoconfig before you create your config file.

I don't have a PS4, I bought a PS4 DS4v2 controller just to use with LE RR :thumbup:

Okay, so I had to do two things.
    1. Edit the stock es_input.cfg and insert the codes for the new deviceGUID. This makes the controller work inside EmulationStation

2. Create Sony-PlayStation4-DualShock4v2-Controller-Bluetooth.cfg file and copy it to /storage/.config/retroarch/autoconfig/udev

Restarted the box and now the controller.cfg file shows up along with all the other controller configs in /tmp/autoconfig/udev.

And the controller now works perfectly inside both emulation station and retroarch with keyboard attached.

I have attached both files (had to add .txt for attaching, please remove .txt), so you can include them in the next release if possible, so the new DS4v2 controller will work out of the box for everyone ;)

Thanks a lot for your patience and helpful instructions, it is now working great.

PS: in FBA core I tried with 0.2.97.43 ROMs but they dont start. I am just trying a couple of coleco roms. Do I need to put any BIOS file anywhere?

• Does anyone have an issue on S905 where Sega CD, 32x, and Megadrive games crash at random spots? My setup usually crashes after the intro, after the menu, or the first few seconds of game play. Please advise on what I can log or do to fix this. Thank you.

• I added the controller file & the GUID so it should work out of the box in future builds. What games did you run for example? I only have an arcade set and this runs all games fine but there are no coleco games included.

Does anyone have an issue on S905 where Sega CD, 32x, and Megadrive games crash at random spots? My setup usually crashes after the intro, after the menu, or the first few seconds of game play. Please advise on what I can log or do to fix this. Thank you.

Which games do you play and what emulator do you use?

hybridr

Which core are you running under, I have tried under FBA but unable to get it work at all

Use this core for Sega stuff GitHub - libretro/Genesis-Plus-GX: An enhanced port of Genesis Plus - accurate & portable Sega 8/16 bit emulator | GitHub - libretro/beetle-saturn-libretro: Standalone port of Mednafen Saturn to the libretro API. for Sega Saturn and finally GitHub - libretro/reicast-emulator: Reicast is a multiplatform Sega Dreamcast emulator for Sega Dreamcast

gujal  hybridr

Basically try to run games in ES because the emulators tied to the systems should work. If you want to use RA check your es_systems.cfg in \\your-device\Configfiles\emulationstation to see what emulator is chosen for each platform.

• I added the controller file & the GUID so it should work out of the box in future builds. What games did you run for example? I only have an arcade set and this runs all games fine but there are no coleco games included.

Which games do you play and what emulator do you us

Basically try to run games in ES because the emulators tied to the systems should work. If you want to use RA check your es_systems.cfg in \\your-device\Configfiles\emulationstation to see what emulator is chosen for each platform.

I run all games under ES only. I don't start RA or any other emulator manually

I have relevant roms copied to the /storage/roms/<paltform> folder and they are sensed correctly by ES and I run from there

I have the following working correctly

Atari2600

Atari5200

Commodore64

MAME 2003

SNES

ZX Spectrum

I have tried these three but havent got it to work yet

FBA (Colecovision, Sega 32x&Megadrive, etc)

Amiga (the whole system hangs on launching amiga roms, have to powercycle)

ScummVM (may be it is not supported on the Amlogic build as it doesnt even shows under ES)

DonkeyKong and Digdug are colecovision games but they also work under MAME, so not a issue. However megadrive (Sega Arcade) is supported on FBA which I havent got it to work as the FBA core isnt running the roms on Amlogic. Will have to see if they work on x86

Edited once, last by gujal (December 7, 2018 at 11:05 PM).

• Does anyone know where "game setup" files are stored. With dolphin in the game "Mario Kart" i accedently selected 50 HZ (should have selected 60 hz). But now i dont get that question anymore and now the game is al laggy.

When you start the game for the first time you get a question if you want to set display to 50 hz or 60. Now when i start the game it keep telling thet it runs in 50 hz and i have to go to the wii menu to change it, but this crashes the game..

i already delete the folder: /storage/roms/wii/User but that doenst help.

Edited once, last by thies88 (December 8, 2018 at 1:19 AM).

• I'm running with genesis plus gx and it will quit part way. Picodrive doesn't work at all. All games behave pretty much the same way. They will suddenly crash and exit. Just for an example Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3 for MD/Genesis. They all will stop part-way.

The system which I have set in es_systems.cfg to run genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so are Mastersystem (works no problem), megadrive, segacd, and sega32x. All games emulated by this crash.

The command I'm using for all of them are:

<command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

When I run them manual with the core in Retroarch, the same thing happens. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

• All emulators in each build work if you get proper roms & bios files. I tried dkong & digdug included in my 0.2.97.43 rom set and both worked hastebin so you better look for a proper rom set like "Final Burn Alpha v0.2.97.43 Master Stiller Complete Collection" which is known to work.

Amiberry (Amiga) works quite fine too if you have proper kickstarts and placed them in the correct folder. Same for ScummVM so read the FAQ.

Does anyone know where "game setup" files are stored. With dolphin in the game "Mario Kart" i accedently selected 50 HZ (should have selected 60 hz). But now i dont get that question anymore and now the game is al laggy.

When you start the game for the first time you get a question if you want to set display to 50 hz or 60. Now when i start the game it keep telling thet it runs in 50 hz and i have to go to the wii menu to change it, but this crashes the game..

i already delete the folder: /storage/roms/wii/User but that doenst help.

Which emulator do you use? lr-dolphin (Retroarch) or Dolphin standalone? Since you refer to a User directory I guess lr-dolphin so delete the retroarch-core-options.cfg file in your Retroarch config directory.

I'm running with genesis plus gx and it will quit part way. Picodrive doesn't work at all.

Picodrive is not included in my builds. You've bios files for each system? Sega - MS/GG/MD/CD (Genesis Plus GX) - Libretro Docs

I'm running with genesis plus gx and it will quit part way. Picodrive doesn't work at all. All games behave pretty much the same way. They will suddenly crash and exit. Just for an example Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3 for MD/Genesis. They all will stop part-way.

The system which I have set in es_systems.cfg to run genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so are Mastersystem (works no problem), megadrive, segacd, and sega32x. All games emulated by this crash.

The command I'm using for all of them are:

<command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

When I run them manual with the core in Retroarch, the same thing happens. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Logfiles. Sonic is tested & works on my Vim (S905X) hastebin

• Beta RC2a is online

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream
    • updated Generic/RPi kernel to 4.19.7
    • updated to mesa 18.3.0 release
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated dolphin & citra
    • AMD & Retroarch KMS for OpenGL should be fixed now
    • added RA controller config for DS4v2 Jet Black
    • added Qt5 to ARM builds
    • added Pegasus Frontend -> check out Pegasus Frontend
    • added back Steven Selph's Scraper for all builds -> run scraper -scrape_all to scrape your roms
    • added Qt5 settings to advanced.conf -> delete your old advanced.conf before you update!
  • Which emulator do you use? lr-dolphin (Retroarch) or Dolphin standalone? Since you refer to a User directory I guess lr-dolphin so delete the retroarch-core-options.cfg file in your Retroarch config directory.

Dolphin standalone: i fixed it by installing the Wiii System Menu WAD, start the Menu and in settings you can then change it to 60 HZ under Screen settings.

How to "System menu": How to get a fully working Wii Menu..

NUS Downloader - WiiBrew

I Used : v48x (4.2x) (latest didnt seem to work)

• Dolphin standalone: i fixed it by installing the Wiii System Menu WAD, start the Menu and in settings you can then change it to 60 HZ under Screen settings.

How to "System menu": How to get a fully working Wii Menu..

NUS Downloader - WiiBrew

I Used : v48x (4.2x) (latest didnt seem to work)

You don't have to install WADs manually:

About the 50Hz stuff you have to set this for Wii & GC in separate menus and most GC games will still ask you at start how you want to run them.

• You don't have to install WADs manually:

About the 50Hz stuff you have to set this for Wii & GC in separate menus and most GC games will still ask you at start how you want to run them.

A nice... didnt know that.

In dolpin i have the option "Enable PAL60 wich is enabled"...

Potential bug:

i noticed that when running pcsx2 it doesnt shutdown with alt f4 or alt esc. Alt ESC bring me to the pcsx2 menu, i have to manualy pick exit (or ctrl - Q) via the menu and the screen stays black. Or Alt-F4 followed by another Alt- F4 then the screen also stays black.

When i type in terminal: "/usr/bin kodifreeze.sh unfreeze" kodi shows again. but pcsx2 fails to start after this, i have to reboot the os before it starts working again.

So i guess kodi unfreeze isnt working properly or the pcsx2 docker container doesnt shutdown.. if it is supose to shutdown when you exit an game ?

build info:

Kodi (18.0-RC1 Git:18.0rc1-Leia). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Running on LibreELEC (5schatten): RR-201848-acf6c02 9.0, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.19.4

I added pcsx2.log (log file right after blackscreen) and pcsx2-2.log (log file after pcsx2 exit, manually unfreeze kodi and try to start a pcsx2 game again)

Another question, can i update to a new build (i saw you released RC2a) ? or do i have to do a clean install for this ?. I dont see info on this in the FAQ.

• Docker is broken since kernel 4.19 so until now there is no solution for this. I already updated the Docker addon to 18.06.1 and still hangs. Same goes for 18.09.1-beta so.... /shrug You can update your builds but read the notes for each build if you have to delete a config file first because I included some new functions.

• Docker is broken since kernel 4.19 so until now there is no solution for this. I already updated the Docker addon to 18.06.1 and still hangs. Same goes for 18.09.1-beta so.... /shrug You can update your builds but read the notes for each build if you have to delete a config file first because I included some new functions.

Ok thats to bad... not really a problem as a quick reboot is a (temp) workaround. How can i update to a new build then ?

• Ok thats to bad... not really a problem as a quick reboot is a (temp) workaround. How can i update to a new build then ?

Well I'm already checking the docker release for some solutions but until know I have no clue what might is the reason for this behavior. Download the new build, place it in the Update folder & reboot.