LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• m64p is booting, the gui is displayed, but it can't open it's core files.

When I open the log it says it's missing "libminizip.so.1"

Code
    GUI error: dlopen('./libmupen64plus.so.2') failed : libminizip.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  • Can you disable your IGP? Or run it without the GTX card?

Failed to create the opengl context. Check your drivers support openGL 3.3. Hint: opensource drivers don't

I guess the problem is that you run a system with two GPUs /shrug

I found thisbut lib32-mesa is already the latest version. Well maybe you need to wait for my next build because the Docker arch image comes with mesa 18.2.4

The thing is, as it looks to me, dedicated GPUs are quite troublesome in one way or another and unfortunately I have to system for tests with an AMD or Nvidia card.:/

will try to disable the IGP tonight.

What hardware are you looking for?

• Hello guys. First, thank you very much for the great job you do. I need help, maybe it's a stupid question but there goes ...

Why does not Retroarch open me from a clean installation? I open ES and from there I can go to RA, but from the menu Kodi simply breaks and restarts.

This is the log:

Thank you. Greetings.

• I'm not sure if I understood your problem -> so you can launch games in ES but if you start RA from the Kodi main menu it fails to run?

Can you get me a copy of your retroarch.log ? It's located in /var/log or you check out your logfiles smb directory and upload the whole zip after you run retroarch. Then the log file is included in varlog.

• Can you check your video_monitor_index = in your retroarch.cfg ?

[INFO] [DRM]: Found 4 connectors.

[INFO] [DRM]: Connector 0 connected: no

[INFO] [DRM]: Connector 0 has 0 modes.

[INFO] [DRM]: Connector 1 connected: yes

[INFO] [DRM]: Connector 1 has 41 modes.

[INFO] [DRM]: Connector 1 assigned to monitor index: #1.

[INFO] [DRM]: Connector 2 connected: no

[INFO] [DRM]: Connector 2 has 0 modes.

[INFO] [DRM]: Connector 3 connected: no

[INFO] [DRM]: Connector 3 has 0 modes.

If you run RA in kms mode can you set it manually to video_monitor_index = "1" ? Because your log file tells me you use connector 1 and not 0 someone had a somewhat similar setup and it also failed to run in kms mode if the monitor index wasn't set properly.

LibreELEC 9.0 Reborn Remix [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify | MakeMKV ]

m64p is booting, the gui is displayed, but it can't open it's core files.

When I open the log it says it's missing "libminizip.so.1"

Code
    GUI error: dlopen('./libmupen64plus.so.2') failed : libminizip.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Since LE does not come with minizip it's normal that it fails.

"Couldn't load core library, please set the path in settings." · Issue #97 · m64p/mupen64plus-GLideN64 · GitHub <- same error

IMHO it's pretty strange(awkward) that they use minizip even though zlib is a build dependecy... :rolleyes:

• will try to disable the IGP tonight.

What hardware are you looking for?

Right now I'm thinking what could be "handy" to cover the usual generic system environments. Probably some crappy i3-2xxx with Intel IGP & a dedicated AMD & Nvidia lowend gpu would be useful. In the end I need a setup that uses the same drivers so I can pretest all stuff with other GPU vendors.

I have two Intel ITX boards in my HTPC setup and it's not really an option to rip them out everytime and happy swap some gpus while my gf tries to kill me because no tv/music/games/amazon vod is working then ;)

• 5schatten

loganmc10 responded here:

"Couldn't load core library, please set the path in settings." · Issue #97 · m64p/mupen64plus-GLideN64 · GitHub

I tried the mupen64 libretro core yesterday : first test Pilotwings 64 with the deltaplane, after 3s a big black triangle covered half the screen under the deltaplane. End of tests :)

I tried m64p on Windows, graphics of Pilotwings 64 are flawless, no bug.

I really think m64p could be a nice addition to your build, if it's not too hard to do.

• I'm not sure if I understood your problem -> so you can launch games in ES but if you start RA from the Kodi main menu it fails to run?

Can you get me a copy of your retroarch.log ? It's located in /var/log or you check out your logfiles smb directory and upload the whole zip after you run retroarch. Then the log file is included in varlog.

Hello! Thanks for your answer.

Excuse me if you do not understand me well, is that my native language is not English.

I attached you the the kodi.old.log, kodi.log, and the retroarch.log

This is what I did.

- Start Kodi.

- Open RA from the menu

- Kodi crash

- Save the logs and attach them here.

Greetings and thanks.

• create an empty file called nokms in /storage/.config/retroarch looks like AMD cards don't like KMS

Maybe another option could be to create a file called radeon-kms.conf in /storage/.config/modprobe.d which contains this line:

Code
    options radeon modeset=1

I can't test it but this file is used at debian systems to tell the kernel to use kms for the radeon module. I haven't checked how LE handles this & I can't test it myself but maybe this is needed for LE too.

If you create radeon-kms.conf delete the nokms file to test if kms finally works.

• create an empty file called nokms in /storage/.config/retroarch looks like AMD cards don't like KMS

Maybe another option could be to create a file called radeon-kms.conf in /storage/.config/modprobe.d which contains this line:

Code
    options radeon modeset=1

I can't test it but this file is used at debian systems to tell the kernel to use kms for the radeon module. I haven't checked how LE handles this & I can't test it myself but maybe this is needed for LE too.

If you create radeon-kms.conf delete the nokms file to test if kms finally works.

Hi. First of all, thank you for your time, I tell you that it was solved.

1. Create the file radeon-kms.conf in /storage/.config/modprobe.d that contains the line:

Code
    options radeon modeset = 1

And get the same result.

2.- Create the file nokms in /storage/.config/retroarch

And then yes, RA opened without problem.

I thank you very much for your help mate. Greetings.

• Hi @5schatten,

I've tried installing your build on an S905 box, but can't get it to boot.

This is the box.

Using the dtb file gxbb_p201_2G.dtb from here (renamed to dtb.img)

Just to test, I installed kszaq's latest S905 build, using the same dtb. Everything works, system boots, wireless, bluetooth, etc all work.

I've tried both updating from kzaqs build by putting your generic S905 tar file into the update folder and just installing fresh from the generic S905 img.gz file onto the sd card. In both cases the box just sits at the firmware boot screen and doesn't boot to LE. Is there anything I can do in order to troubleshoot or get boot error logs?

• I had a similar problem. I used a dtb from the Device Tree folder on the sd card after flashing the image which solved it.

• 5schatten

Tested makemkv on my stock LE 8.2.5

Installs fine, i removed the old version first

When i try to play a blu-ray kodi crashes instantly.

Crashlog attachedkodi_crashlog_20181108194140.log

Well as I said this package is build for LE9 so I'm not surprised. /shrug

Does version 1.12.3 work flawless? The official MakeMKV page states:

• libmmbd: Added compatibility for latest libaacs API (Kodi no longer crashes)

so I dropped this patch:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopi…start=15#p61914

Either MakeMKV needs this patch in an updated version, it won't build with it anymore, or your Kodi is outdated and so it won't run.

So someone with a recent alpha or remix build based on LE9 schould test it first to make sure it fails to run and is not just incompatible to older Kodi versions :/