milhouse i am struggeling to rebuild your #0610b with kernel 4.17. That reset.sh applies both patches and after that it becomes tricky. For the live of it i could not figure out how to build it with all the packages updates, which are not in those patches. Probably i need to create a github account. I tried without.
That package problem aside, i try to build just with libreelec.patch and project.patch. The first fail is i need a milhouse.buildcode, but that was easy fixable.
The second one with a clean buildDisplay MoreCode
- make: Entering directory '/zfs/sky42/libreelec/90/3.42/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/libX11-1.6.5/.x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu/src/util'
- CC makekeys.o
- /zfs/sky42/libreelec/90/3.42/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/libX11-1.6.5/src/util/makekeys.c:31:19: fatal error: X11/X.h: No such file or directory
- compilation terminated.
- make: *** [Makefile:425: makekeys.o] Error 1
- make: Leaving directory '/zfs/sky42/libreelec/90/3.42/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/libX11-1.6.5/.x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu/src/util'
- make: *** [Makefile:1426: ../src/util/makekeys] Error 2
- make: Leaving directory '/zfs/sky42/libreelec/90/3.42/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/libX11-1.6.5/.x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu/src'
- make: *** [Makefile:519: all-recursive] Error 1
- make: Leaving directory '/zfs/sky42/libreelec/90/3.42/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/libX11-1.6.5/.x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu'
- Makefile:12: recipe for target 'image' failed
- make: *** [image] Error 2
I had the same problem as i first tried your 00_mesa1811_xorg120_combo.txt patch and then failed back to PR2739 to get Mesa 18.1.1.
It was fresh checkt out and nothing else than reset.sh followed by make image was done.
Ah yes... to actually build that repo (rather than just review the patches) you'll need my own custom build system which is mentioned here: Python not building
milhouse.buildcode would be created by my build scripts.
In addition to the patches my build system automatically updates the source tarballs of several packages (kodi, libcec, libnfs, pvr.* etc.) which you are most likely missing.
With my build scripts if you wanted to recreate my build, you'd use "./totalbuild.sh -s x86-next" and that would Generic with the 4.17 kernel (pulling the latest PRs from github, so you're not always guaranteed a successful build!)
The main configuration files are lepull.dat and ipatches.dat, with profiles (ie. x86-next) defined in profiles.dat.