LE 9.0-devel for more Hardware (Gemini / Coffee / Cannon / Ice Lake, AMD Vega / Raven APU) and luks, lvm2, dm-raid

• I will try to build versions with more supported Hardware for Generic x86_64. My first quick test for a 5.42 was not succesfull and it looks like i need to build up changes slow, to see what works and what does not.

My daily driver is my 8.2.5-6.42 for my main LE with Coffee Lake i3-8100 from this thread LE 8.2.5 with UHD 630 / Coffee Lake / Gemini Lake support and luks, lvm2, dm-raid.

I have no Gemini Lake or AMD hardware for testing.

LE9 milhouse testbuild for x86_64 are now with kernel 4.17. See this post #105 or go drectly over here LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) and download #0616 or later.

I you really want to have a LE9 with luks, lvm2 or dm-raid respond in this thread and i will build one.

Edit:

So the planned release versions in this post are rubbish (i deleted them), because LE master is a too fast moving target. I will make builds and post the difference between LE master commit id and my build. Sorry that will be long but that is the only way that you know what you are installing.

target hardware (read the release posts):

- Intel Gemini Lake

- Intel Coffee Lake

- Intel Cannon Lake

- Intel Ice Lake

- AMD Vega

- AMD Raven

download link HiDrive

1st release post #26 (gcc 7.3.0)

2nd release post #29 (gcc 8.1.0)

3rd release post #35 (gcc 8.1.0)

Have Fun

sky42

Edited 10 times, last by sky42 (June 17, 2018 at 4:30 AM).

• The frist attempt was a miss.

See the infos for the 1st attempt in this post #106 in my 8.2.5 thread , where KarstenL680 and tomtomclub had the same problems i did see today after testing the build from last night on my i3-8100.

A new 1.42 and 5.42 are just now compiling.

• Hmm the 2nd attempt also build a version that shows the kodi logo for some time. After that it is flickering and then the system reboots.

Still searching.

• So now i need to build up one version after the other, to see where it goes bad.

1.42 is building new, after that 2.42, ... So to the probably working AMD version 5.42 it will take me some time.

• So now i need to build up one version after the other, to see where it goes bad.

1.42 is building new, after that 2.42, ... So to the probably working AMD version 5.42 it will take me some time.

Code
    fortunately I only have one problem reboot kodi and reboot tv on the j5005 and j4105
  • Addiing i915.glkhdmi=2 in /flash/syslinux.cfg works with my J5005-ITX on Bios 1.30, this Bios is availiable for the J5005-ITXand the J4105-ITX from Asrock.

i try too edit the fill white winscp but is not allow (bios update is only if you use window ??) i run only libreelec

• Ah, ok, no problem, you need putty to login as user root with password libreelec, on the installation start ssh must be set to on.

When you on the system do this:

mount -o remount,rw /flash

nano /flash/syslinux.cfg

Add the command and with crl+o you save it, ctrl+x leaves nano.

type reboot and the system will reboot thats it..

• That is wrong, the BIOS Update is also for Linux, only the TXE Update is usable with Windows only.

Install via USB Stick from the Bios itself was no problem with my board.

• oke thanks i try it now

part 2

yes men it works

Code
    did not know that it was so easy to update usb in bios and finished 5 minutes   
    very, thank you for all your help finally work well

Edited once, last by tomtomclub (June 9, 2018 at 11:37 PM).

• At the moment it is really looking bad for my LE 9.0 community build. I cant get a baseline. Every build has the same problem: just a kodi logo and after a while reboot or frozen. The OS is working, ssh too, xrandr showing connected displays ... But that is it.

I did build now about 10 different version. Even fresh checkout from git does not work (does not even build without a extra PR).