• Evidently, creating a crontab in LE is different from other linux distros. I have searched for an hour for some guidance.

When I type "crontab -e" in a ssh terminal the editor opens an empty file /storage/.cache/cron/crontabs.1832. There is an empty file named "root" in /storage/.cache/cron/crontabs, is that the right file?

Is there a tut that applies to LE somewhere? Should I type my crontabs into that file?

• Turns out that crontab -e edits the crontab xxx file AND the root file at the same time. It seems to copy both ways; if you edit the root file the crontab xxx gets changed. In my searching for an answer the seemingly best answer this forum gave was wrong, it said to create a file named "what it does" in storage/.cach/cron/crontabs; that does NOT work, it has to be named "root" or a user name if you can figure out how to have a different user.

Curiously, I had the same problem with the clock and cron as I did on a previous installation. I had to issue "systemctl restart cron" to correct the clock. This install has been going for 2 month and has been restarted many times and has ntp servers setup and cron enabled, but the system time was not the same as cron time.