Rock64 and Audio Passthrough HD Audio

• i know it's a image that is still in development and i want to give some review about Audio passthrough.

We're testing blind in the dark with these Nightly builds.

There is no thread to report members test results.

Go over to feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-devel-box-trn9.img

and report your results but don't expect immediate response from developers.

Some members might help there.

Sorry but i don't use passthrough.

• NL-PCM (AC3/DTS) and HBR (HD-audio) support is next on my list after current 10-bit color and HDR work.

NL-PCM audio works unintentionally today and will most likely result in some pops or white noise in some cases.

I suggest you use regular L-PCM audio until NL-PCM/HBR audio is fully supported.

The plan is to create an alsa plugin that will modify the 16-bit sample bitstream into the 21-bit format the HDMI TX IP expects, if all goes well this plugin should also help enable NL-PCM/HBR audio on mainline Amlogic/Rockchip/Allwinner.

• Media file with TRUE-HD, Dolby Atmos & DTS:X doesn't work in Audio passthrough mode. "Rock64 4 GB" rest all works

But in Android 7.0 TV version all audio formats are working, but HDR will not switch automatically

• NL-PCM (AC3/DTS) and HBR (HD-audio) support is next on my list after current 10-bit color and HDR work.

NL-PCM audio works unintentionally today and will most likely result in some pops or white noise in some cases.

I suggest you use regular L-PCM audio until NL-PCM/HBR audio is fully supported.

The plan is to create an alsa plugin that will modify the 16-bit sample bitstream into the 21-bit format the HDMI TX IP expects, if all goes well this plugin should also help enable NL-PCM/HBR audio on mainline Amlogic/Rockchip/Allwinner.

please can you let us know any timeline when the new version will getting release. (any tentative update)

• please can you let us know any timeline when the new version will getting release. (any tentative update)

New preliminary mainline 5.x kernel images should be available next week or before the end of April for RK3328/RK3399 for testing.

You have to remember that HDR(awaiting Intel patches) and 10-bit support is now wip and won't work as on 4.4.x kernel images.

HD Audio is also wip but will be developed further for mainline kernel.

H264, H265, interlaced support is also being redesigned so there will be new issues and improvements.

So 4.4.x kernel images are the most stable until support for all the components get merged into mainline kernel.

• New preliminary mainline 5.x kernel images should be available next week or before the end of April for RK3328/RK3399 for testing.

You have to remember that HDR(awaiting Intel patches) and 10-bit support is now wip and won't work as on 4.4.x kernel images.

HD Audio is also wip but will be developed further for mainline kernel.

H264, H265, interlaced support is also being redesigned so there will be new issues and improvements.

So 4.4.x kernel images are the most stable until support for all the components get merged into mainline kernel.

from where I can download the 5.x kernel image (package) so that we also can test and give you the feedback. Thank you

• from where I can download the 5.x kernel image (package) so that we also can test and give you the feedback. Thank you

Here are the test images with mainline Linux 5.1 kernels.

Index of /test/

Mpeg2 should work.

It seems there is progress being made with H264 and hopefully that should work too early next month.

Then H265 and VP9 video playback code still has to be created and tested with mainline Linux.

I can't wait until everything works fully with mainline Linux.

• Hi Folks!

I just bought me some Rock Pi 4s to replace the old Raspberries here running Librelec.

So far, it looks good, even 4k films can be played (sometimes :) )

But I have noticed that Audio Passthrough to an external Amp really does not work with the Rock :(

Only static noise comes out of the Speakers (I've learned it the hard way last night, very late already.... bad karma...)

The Amp does not recognise any Dolby Digital or DTS Frames, instead it keeps on playing PCM, which explains the evil noise fairly well.

I found this thread, read it and hoped, there will be a solution, at least somebody is working on it right now.

But, I cannot make head or tails out of it, one says "yes", others say "no", one points to the "nightly" or "development" image (I've tried it right now, still no go :( )

So, at the end I feel quite lost.

a) is this problem known ?

b) does somebody work on it already?

c) if the answers are "no" what is the best place to report it???

• You have to wait until mainline Linux support is added for Rockchip devices.

4.4 kernel images don't support audio passthrough.

Rockchip: add mainline linux support by Kwiboo · Pull Request #3560 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

• today I tested " LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.1-devel-20190512173254-bdfaff1-rock64.img.gz " build (rock 64 3328 4 GB)

My findings : Resolution limited to 1080p , 4K videos are not able to play (green Screen) , DTS-HD & Dolby ATMOS only noise. SMB service is not working with WiFi services

Android 9.x P version is perfectly working with all features, only missing Google Apps. It is media player and it plays every thing

based on your memory card select the link

rock64_dd_20190621_stock_rooted_android_9.0_sdboot-16gb.img.gz

rock64_dd_20190621_stock_rooted_android_9.0_sdboot-32gb.img.gz

Kwiboo: we appreciate your hard work, if you can give lill more information when kernel 5.x image will launch, libreelec has many features compare to android P

• Any Update Kwiboo new version of Libreelec with Linux kernel 5.x , much awaited & loved app. Kindly let us know availability for testing and enable our Rock64 as Home theater PC

• Tested LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.1.501-rock64.img.gz is very stable, study and perfect build compare previous builds.

HDR : prefect works

Videos : all formats are working

Resolution : very stable 4k 60fps

Audio : Except True-HD (Dolby Atmos) and DTS-HD MA all other audios are working

please fix : HBR (HD-audio) :)