[S812] Build for Acemax M8S M8S+

• Acemax M8S+ (M8S plus)

CPU: Amlogic S812 Quad Core
    GPU: Octa-core Mali-450MP @ 600MHz
    2G RAM + 8G ROM
    AP6330 WiFi Module (2.4G/5G Dual Band WiFi)
    1000M Ethernet/Gigabit Lan
    4K2K Ultra HD
    H.265 HEVC
    Link to latest OpenELEC build: 6.95.1

Acemax M8S should be the same except 100M Ethernet Lan

We're waiting (hoping) for a stable LibreELEC build.

Edited once, last by dankec (August 10, 2016 at 8:36 AM).

• FYI: i have a MXIII-G box with board MXIII-C V1.1 n200c downloaded LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-7.0.2-update.zip from here MEGA and updated from USB , it's working good, but how can i do that remote to work again on LibreElec? Thank you!

• You will need your remote.conf file from android. Once you have that, drop it into config folder. Reboot and remote should now work in LE.

I have M8Splus and used the same firmware which is working great, except power on. Power ofc is working good but you cannot power the box back on without re-plug adapter.

So, I think it's not only due to remote config.

• So, I think it's not only due to remote config.

I have the same issue - I believe the power on code is hardcoded in the bootloader. I believe it will take a specific version of dreischel's firmware for our M8S+ power on remote button to work. I believe it will need this file:

u-boot/irremote2arc.c at master · surkovalex/u-boot · GitHub

I've been planning to try to compile a version for our M8S+ but I haven't had time to set it up. Surkovalex (kerber) did compile one:

LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-7.0.2.tar

...but something is still not right in his version as my live tv constantly buffers, whereas drieschel's version is smooth!

Edited once, last by edit4ever (August 21, 2016 at 3:19 PM).

• nice, thank you, i got my remote.conf from android, placed it, it's working but:
    Power button is only waking up the box
    Home not working
    Menu working
    Volume working
    Mute working
    Arrows working
    Numbers working
    EDIT: i'm getting it, i just edited the Ok number and it's working, will keep diggin
    EDIT2: Back is working bby)))
    Thank you all!

Edited once, last by drakulaboy (August 21, 2016 at 4:10 PM).

• edit4ever, as I can see there's two kerber's version:

1. MEGA
    2. LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-7.0.2-update.zip

Did you experience the same power on problem on both of them?

I can test LiveTV on my M8S+, but you have to precize what and where...

I would not want to rush you, but it would be great if you could try to make your libreelec version if this kerber's is not smooth as expected (but regarding non Live reproduction I have no complaints).

Edited once, last by dankec (August 21, 2016 at 5:59 PM).

• I saw the same issue on both of kerber's versions. This issue is when using an ATSC usb tuner in the USA.

I have to reconfigure my build environment, so it may be a few days before I can try to compile an M8S+ from drieschel's LE version. I believe that he (and maybe others) were working on a universal s812 build, but I don't know the status of that. I think they are more focused on building and testing LE 8...can't fault them for that! :)

If there is anyone else who can test kerber's version and ATSC tuner I would love ot know if they have the same issue. However, I think most users are not in the USA.

If I get something compiled, I will definitely post it and share the git.

• i solved my power button on/off problem on LibreElec remote.conf, when i push the power button it's showing that little menu with Power off, restart, and when i shutting down and puh again it's starting.

• i solved my power button on/off problem on LibreElec remote.conf, when i push the power button it's showing that little menu with Power off, restart, and when i shutting down and puh again it's starting.

Can you post this remote.conf and where did you put it exactly (in Libreelec)?

• this is working on my MXIII-G box, i put the remote.conf file in /storage/.config/

if the power doesn't work for you try instean on line 0x51 31 replace it with 0x51 116

• Thanks, but this is a topic about M8S+ which differs from MXIII-G. At least, remote is completely different, so I'm not sure it's going to work on M8S+. I'll try!

[hr]

I saw the same issue on both of kerber's versions. This issue is when using an ATSC usb tuner in the USA.

What about power on/off problem?
    This fw from /devel folder works?

Edited once, last by dankec (August 22, 2016 at 11:57 AM).

• What about power on/off problem?
    This fw from /devel folder works?

On both the /8xx version and the /devel versions have the same result for me...which is why I went back to Drieschel's M8 version.

Power button works as expected.
    Video playback of live tv stream (usb ATSC tuner) breaks up.

Thie video playback works great on Drieschel's version. And I can power off with remote - it turns off, but doesn't bring up the shutdown menu. But I can't power back on with remote - have to unplug. Also on a restart, it usually hangs on the splash screen and I have to unplug to reboot.

For me, a working live tv playback is more important than a clean power on/off/restart as I usually leave the box on to record tv programs.

• wrong, they have the same cpu

Just FYI, drakulaboy, I tried with your remote.conf, remote is not working at all, of course.
    But I found another remote.conf for M8S. This one's working, also shows a small menu when choosing power key, but still cannot power on after power off.

It means it's not remote.conf related, the problem is somewhere else...

Edited once, last by dankec (August 22, 2016 at 5:15 PM).

• Just FYI, drakulaboy, I tried with your remote.conf, remote is not working at all, of course.
    But I found another remote.conf for M8S. This one's working, also shows a small menu when choosing power key, but still cannot power on after power off.

It means it's not remote.conf related, the problem is somewhere else...

I had the same problem if I remember. I fixed it by powering the box through one of the usb-ports. Altough I didn't try to fix it that way, but since I do it this way I don't have the problem anymore. I just started doiing that because I use a powered usb-hdd.

BTW, I had to switch the hardware acceleration to 'always' instead of ' 720p and up', cause I had a lot of stuttering while playing mkv's made with makemkv.