problem second monitor

• Hi,

I installed libreelec on a usb pen, I tried to boot on a notebook which is connected to a 42-inch samsung tv with a vga cable.

The system starts without problems, only I can not see it in full screen on the TV.

I tried to connect in ssh and run the following commands:

xrandr - output LVDS1 --off && xrandr - output VGA1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00

but the result is always the same, how can I do?

• Official Post

Kodi only supports clone mode for multiple monitors, so if your notebook only has 1366x768 for example, then that will be the leading screen resolution. Perhaps you can somehow turn off your notebook screen and make the TV the primary display.

• Official Post

but the result is always the same, how can I do?

first...what Klojum said is 100% correct.

Normally on laptops, depending on the specific manufactor and model, you can use some keypress-combination with the FN-keys and some of the F-keys (F1, F2....) to switch monitor outputs.

Possible options might be:

- expanded: the screen is exanded over 2 monitors

- internal only: the 2nd monitor output on your laptop is disabled

- external only: the laptop screen is disabled and only the additionally connected monitor is in use

- mirrored: both screens are showing the same

I guess you are using "mirrored". Either try to switch the monitor outputs to use "external only" or provide the output of the command:

xrandr | pastebinit

to see which monitors are currently active. Then we might be able to turn specific montors on or off.

• Hi, i tried to switch off the internal monitor with the FN-Keys but don't works it always remain in mirrored state

then i tried with the command: xrandr --output LVDS1 --off

and it worked, the internal monitor powered off, but the external monitor don't change it

so i tried with the command: xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00 but don't change it

In the afternoon i'll try the command "xrandr | pastebinit" and i'll post the result

thks

• i tried the command xrandr | pastebinit, in attachment the screenshot ,

the monitor set it isn't correct because the tv is 40'', how can i do to set it?

and how can i do to set it at the boot?

thks

• If your notebook / laptop does not have an hdmi port, it may not support 1920 X 1080. Can you select 1920 X 1080 in the laptop's display settings ?

What's the make and model of your laptop ?

Is your TV 720p or 1080p ?

• My notebook does not have an hdmi port, only vga but support 1920 x 1080 at 60 hz and the tv support 1080p.

Because when i boot libreelec i see on the tv the written " 1920x1080@60hz"

• hi chewitt, after i'll try

systemctl stop kodi

xrandr --output LVDS1 --off && xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00

systemctl start kodi

this is correct?

thks

Edited once, last by agiovannardi (May 14, 2018 at 11:44 AM).