[SOLVED] player stops unexpectedly

• LE 8.2.5 on RPi 1B reading files from a USB hard drive on a RPi 3 running Raspbian.

While watching a file the player just stops playing, it can be stopped and restarted. Sometimes the screen goes black sometimes it just freezes. Some days it is perfect, other days it is frequent., some days it is rare.

Tried Samba, NSF and mounting NSF shares locally.

Debug log posted the relevant time stamp is approx 15:03- 15:10. I don't know if it will tell anyone anything, I think it has something to do with the hard drive. I don't know if there would be any logs on the Raspbian machine to help, please tell me if there are.

This is while using a locally mounted NFS share from the remote Pi.

debug log

• Not sure if it's same issue I was having...but I was too having freezing and black screen on 8.2.4 and 8.2.5 on rpi2....

I m still using 8.2.5 but with the 8.2.3 firmware and working fine now..

You can always downgrade to 8.2.3 and see how it goes..while making it easier to debug your problem..

• It is something to do with the HDD. Kodi on the Pi3 that is the host for the HDD freezes at times. I don't know if it is a problem with the HDD or a bottleneck with the USB. Working on changing HDDs and start shutting down things the server is doing.

• I changed it to a powered hub the enclosure has the extra plug, so 2 X power. When I had it plugged directly into the Pi I had boosted it, that didn't make any difference. Power does not seem to be the problem.

It is a 500 GB laptop HDD that surprisingly actually works mostly on 500 mAh, not great but mostly. Boosting to 1 Ah fixed it pretty good. The label says it draws 600mAh.

As soon as I finish copying files, I'm going to put the HDD on a windows machine and run chkdsk on it. (ntsf)

I'm thinking that having Sickgear,deluge, Kodi, pi-hole, the OS (on an ext4 partition) and acting as a server may be too much for the USB.

Moving the OS back to SD doesn't seem to fix it. I had disabled Kodi, no fix, disabled the desktop, no fix.

• I have watched an entire movie now, I think I will declare victory.

I used the disable overlays to torn BT and wifi off and set the USB power to 0. changed HDD to a 320 GB that draws .55 A plugged into the Pi USB port plugged the USB hub in to one port, Plugged the 500 GB HDD, the IR receiver and keyboard into the hub. Plugged the fan into 3.3 V instead of 5V. Power supply for the Pi3 is 3A, power supply for the 8 port hub is 2.5A (using 4 ports).

Did it all at the same time, so don't know minimally what to do.

• That lasted about a day!

Turns out that ANY other disc access at the time streaming is happening interrupts the stream. I had Deluge running on the server, when it started to move files to the watch directory the stream would go whacky. I tested this by moving files around via Samba and NFS while streaming.

This seems to be solved by running Deluge/Sickgear only during non-viewing times.