[deleted] Second screen bad position

• You missed to provide further infos...

1st guess from my side:

The "computer" you are talking about is a laptop?!

2nd guess:

You are using the HMDI out of your Laptop (if the 1st guess is correct) and therefore you have some kind of dual screen setup now. LibreELEC doesn't support dual screen setups. Normally you have the possibility to switch monitor output behaviour on your Laptop while using the FN-keys and you should have the following options:

- extended: means the screen is extended over 2 monitors

- internal: only the internal laptop monitor is in use

- external: only the external monitor is in use

- mirrored: both monitors will show the same thing

3rd guess:

I guess you have "mirrored" enabled and the resolution from your laptop screen doesn't match the resolution the TV might be capable of. So the HDMI out is limited to what the laptop screen is capable of which could result Kodi being displayed in the upper left corner. This can't be configured as LibreELEC doesn't support multi-monitor setups.

Solution suggestions:

Try to switch the monitor output behaviour using the FN-keys until you will see Kodi in full screen.

If you don't have those FN-keys on your laptop (as you missed to tell the exact model you are using), you can try to ssh into LibreELEC and get us the output of: xrandr | pastebinit

You will get an URL after entering the command above which should be posted here. That will show us which monitors are connected, in use and which resolution they are capable of. Then we can tweak something using some commands.

• What you gave was this:

Code
    15:59:12.423 T:4100581600  NOTICE: Running on CoreELEC (official): 8.90.0 (9.0), kernel: Linux ARM 64-bit version 3.14.29 aarch64
    15:59:12.424 T:4100581600  NOTICE: FFmpeg version/source: 3.4.1-Kodi
    15:59:12.424 T:4100581600  NOTICE: Host CPU: AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64), 8 cores available

Which is, as already CvH said, not an Intel 86-64 laptop output.

So log in into that laptop, and give us the URL that is returned from the command:
    xrandr | pastebinit

Paste only the URL here in the forum, and not its contents.

• What is the model number of your laptop ?

Is your Sony TV's resolution 1920 X 1080

Does your laptop support 1920 X 1080 resolution ?

Do you have the laptop's screen resolution set to 1920 X 1080 ?

• I am also having this issue on dell inspiron N5010, no option in bios to disable LCD. pastebin http://ix.io/1mql

thanks in advance for any assistance sorry to open an old thread.

*edit: display extend / mirror button isn't changing anything that i can see, with Fn pressed or not*

Edited once, last by dtech.2007 (September 17, 2018 at 2:45 AM).