Minix NEO U9-H Community builds break USB RF remotes

• First, a question for people who own Minix NEO U9-H + a USB RF remote. Do you have any problems with the RF remote? Are all the RF keys read under LibreELEC?

I don't know if it's for all Amlogic devices or only NEO U9-H. I have tried it on several and with these images:

CoreELEC 8.90.1

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Subtitles-ff

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.1

All the same problem.

The problem is that not all the RF buttons on the remote are read (HOME, VOLUME for example). Under the official LibreELEC and Intel NUC, those buttons work.

These remotes are regonized as 2 devices, one Keyboard and the other Keyboard/Mouse. These LibreELEC community builds read the first Keyboard strokes but

cannot read the second keyboard. More details here.

So for summary, this is specific to the community builds. The official LibreELEC does not have this problem.

This is working

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=2052 Product=0121 Version=0101

N: Name="Tmall.com 2.4G Wireless Air Mouse"

P: Phys=usb-xhci-hcd.0.auto-1.1/input0

S: Sysfs=/devices/c9000000.dwc3/http://xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1.1…02/input/input5

U: Uniq=Belon SmartMouse

H: Handlers=kbd event4

B: PROP=0

B: EV=120013

B: KEY=10000 7 ff98007a 404007ff febeffdf ffefffff ffffffff fffffffe

B: MSC=10

B: LED=1f

This is not working

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=2052 Product=0121 Version=0101

N: Name="Tmall.com 2.4G Wireless Air Mouse"

P: Phys=usb-xhci-hcd.0.auto-1.1/input1

S: Sysfs=/devices/c9000000.dwc3/http://xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1.1…03/input/input6

U: Uniq=Belon SmartMouse

H: Handlers=kbd mouse2 event5

B: PROP=0

B: EV=1f

B: KEY=3007f 0 0 0 0 483ffff 17aff32d bf544446 0 0 70001 120f93 8b17c000 677bfa d941dfed 9ed680 4400 0 10000002

B: REL=143

B: ABS=fff01 0

B: MSC=10

It is also not specific to this remote. I have a MINIX NEO A3 remote and the same problem.

• Strange. Does your SETTINGS button on A3 work? Did you make that hwdb file? What happens if you don't have it?

Maybe I should make a hwdb file to make it work. Do you have a guide that I can use?

Because in that picture I see evdev. With my tests I was able to read the buttons with evtest.

Maybe if I make a file like yours and specifically put those numbers, it will work.

• So I followed that guide by letter

I created an hwdb file

Code
    evdev:input:b0003v2052p0121e0101*
    keyboard:usb:v2052p0121e0101*
     KEYBOARD_KEY_0c00ea=volumedown
     KEYBOARD_KEY_070051=volumedown

Only KEYBOARD_KEY_070051 works which is in event3.

KEYBOARD_KEY_0c00ea does not work which is in event4.

• Minix NEO U9-H with Minix NEO A3 on LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.1, buttons highlighted below don't work by default.

I had to remap some of the buttons to make it partially work.

Display Spoiler
  • Both posts are interesting. Unfortunately my NEO A3 is not working anymore and I have to replace it. Can't do tests on A3.

When it was working I remember that it was exactly those keys that fxffrank posted not working. I remember it was not just a question of remapping. I used the keymap Editor Addon and did not receive any codes from those keys. I don't understand how you receive codes.

I have no idea what to do next.

• Both posts are interesting. Unfortunately my NEO A3 is not working anymore and I have to replace it. Can't do tests on A3.

When it was working I remember that it was exactly those keys that fxffrank posted not working. I remember it was not just a question of remapping. I used the keymap Editor Addon and did not receive any codes from those keys. I don't understand how you receive codes.

I have no idea what to do next.

My bad, I meant partially work and buttons like "Settings", "Tasks", "Mic" still won't register in keymap Editor Addon like you mentioned.

• Oh ok. Great. So you have the same problem. It must be the community build if dazed's version works. dazed is it possible for you to share your build?

I'm surprised people have not mentioned this. So there is no fix for this?

• The only difference between what I'm using and [8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912 is a small bump in Kodi version so i doubt it'll help.

Here's my hwdb file for my remote all the buttons work once remapped

• We have 2 people with the same problem and I have done tests with 2 USB remotes and 3 community builds and see that LibreELEC is not reading the codes at all to remap or make an hwdb file. Something is wrong here. dazed, maybe your compile just does something right and doesn't break the second USB keyboard thing.

If you have the time and patience it would be of great help if you install a community build and see if all your buttons work. Or if you don't have the time to install a community build yourself, it would be greatly helpful if you share your build. I would really like to test your build.

Something is happening here, yours work and ours doesn't.

• I just installed your build. I then installed Keymap Editor Addon. With Keymap Editor I get the same behavior, some buttons don't register at all. I have to say again that my A3 is not working right now and I'm doing these tests with another RF Remote but the principal is the same.

So now we have the same hardware, the exact same OS. We have to solve this together.

1- dazed are you 100% sure your SETTINGS button work? Because you have assigned it to RED and I suppose RED doesn't do anything. All the buttons that don't work you have assigned color functions and F1. Have you tested them? What do you do with color functions in KODI?

2- In case you are sure all your buttons work, we have to solve this. What do you do after you install your build to make it work? You just add a hwdb file? In that case could you please delete your file and run Keymap Editor Addon, please tell us what happens when you click SETTINGS. Does SETTINGS register with Keymap Editor Addon for you?

• I don't use the keymap editor, i set the button to the colours then go into the keyboard.xml and assign them there

Code
    <red>ContextMenu</red>
    <f1>Info</f1>

and so on, they all work perfectly for me so maybe your problem if with the keymap addon not working properly