Trash-talk vol 2

• I don't understand this? Was this against me?

No, absolutely not against you. Simply, I don’t know how in other cultures, but in Russia there is a fairy tale “About the white bull”, such as an endless story in which the ending is the beginning /shrug... :D

• Unfortunately I call BS on this since I know of at least one which was not. If you can't even be honest then its best to be quiet.

Shoog

• Unfortunately I call BS on this since I know of at least one which was not. If you can't even be honest then its best to be quiet.

Shoog

Not really sure what you're saying here about "at least one which was not" but please don't tell Kwiboo (or any other forum member for that matter) "to be quiet" as Kwiboo had first hand experience of how it went down in the Team LibreELEC Slack prior to the fork.

There were several Amlogic PRs from CoreELEC founders merged *before* the fork, many more that were rage closed by the contributor during the peer-review process (as while they might have worked for Amlogic they broke or impaired pretty much every platform other than Amlogic), and I'm certain that there were *no* PRs contributed after the fork as CoreELEC made Team LibreELEC very aware that they would not be upstreaming any of their code. Needless to say, we were left distraught and dismayed at their decision (nah, not really!)

• Not really sure what you're saying here about "at least one which was not" but please don't tell Kwiboo (or any other forum member for that matter) "to be quiet" as Kwiboo had first hand experience of how it went down in the Team LibreELEC Slack prior to the fork.

There were several Amlogic PRs from CoreELEC founders merged *before* the fork, many more that were rage closed by the contributor during the peer-review process (as while they might have worked for Amlogic they broke or impaired pretty much every platform other than Amlogic), and I'm certain that there were *no* PRs contributed after the fork as CoreELEC made Team LibreELEC very aware that they would not be upstreaming any of their code. Needless to say, we were left distraught and dismayed at their decision (nah, not really!)

Unfortunately this lack of transparency is a bit sad, but its helped me decide who is distorting the story.

Shoog

• Unfortunately this lack of transparency is a bit sad, but its helped me decide who is distorting the story.

Shoog

Yes, it's a shame so much of this happened in private team chats, but if you care to familiarise yourself with the rage-closed PRs then you might get a feeling for how bat sh1t crazy things got and why Team LibreELEC members slowly stopped reviewing the PRs because they became sick and tired of all the drama while only trying to help contributors improve their code towards submission.

But if you're suggesting I'm "distorting the story" then... LOL. Just LOL. Unless you were privy to the conversations prior to the fork you really have _no idea_ how horrible it was dealing with various former contributors, and for that you should consider yourself fortunate.

• Well, not true. Let's look this patch drivers/wetek: build open-source dvb driver by afl1 · Pull Request #116 · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub

It is even for Wetek who donated to LE but LE ignore things from others.

One PR, and look at the usual suspects that piled on with unhelpful comments. When a serious development question is asked by a LibreELEC developer there is no response from the contributor. The peer-review process is all about adult-level, professional, two-way communication, and when a contributor refuses to engage in kind - or at all - are you really going to blame LibreELEC members for not wasting their time reviewing the code, let alone merging it?

How far did you have to dig to find that "gem"? Are you going to keep digging? :)

Also sometimes things come to LE by mysterious ways from CE :)

I expect better of you, to be honest. I'd ask you to post some concrete examples rather than make vague claims, but really I'm not going to waste my time refuting single lines of code with you!

The afl1 driver is possibly the sole contentious area that I'm aware of, as efforts were made separately by LibreELEC to include that driver with chewitt in discussion with afl1, but due to interference - not least CoreELEC switching to an incompatible project licence illegally changing the licence on code to which they don't own sole copyright - that development hasn't yet concluded.

• I tried to stay out of this issue, but damn you sure sound like you are lying

"They do no give anything back" ... "OK they do , but we don't accept them" ... "OK, there was one, but how many more"

which is it?

• I have encountered all of the main personalities in this story and I simply ain't buying the poor Innocent wronged victim narrative.
    What I see is the sad bickering of divorced parents.

Just as a bit of perspective - hows the relationship with team OE going ?

Shoog

• I tried to stay out of this issue, but damn you sure sound like you are lying

"They do no give anything back" ... "OK they do , but we don't accept them" ... "OK, there was one, but how many more"

which is it?

Not "lying", geez! Go find the evidence, the smoking gun. That particular PR wasn't accepted because the contributor refused to engage - what do you want us to do, we're not mind readers! But it is at least an example of how difficult it was working with some contributors that are no longer team members - as I said, peer-review requires two way communication, not a refusal to engage or hissy fits when issues in the code are pointed out. Anyway... I'm done - believe what you want (I promised myself I wouldn't be (ab)using this thread for this cr@p). :)

• I have encountered all of the main personalities in this story and I simply ain't buying the poor Innocent wronged victim narrative.
    What I see is the sad bickering of divorced parents.

Just as a bit of perspective - hows the relationship with team OE going ?

Shoog

I've no idea who you are Shoog, and while you may think you've encountered "all of the main personalities" you are unlikely to have first-hand evidence of what happened 2 years ago, so sorry, buy what you want, but you're doing so while not fully informed.

Anyway... Team OE? It no longer exists.

• just FYI, I have found another PR by CE team to LE Add KVIM2 VTV board support in avl6862 driver. by afl1 · Pull Request #114 · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub

Closed after 9 months with no review and no comments, doesn't seem like a rage close to me, but you keep clamming you ain't lying.

I'm done - believe what you want (I promised myself I wouldn't be (ab)using this thread for this cr@p).

I think that is the best you can do :)

• Lets not forget that Chewitt started this little diversion into abuse. Thanks.

Shoog

Nope. Everything started with this post: Test LibreELEC images with KODI-18 for S9xxx then the same user started throwing hate.

This has gone too far away from the main topic.

balbes150 please open a new thread where a discussion on mainline support can be held - where developers can get actual feedback.

If anyone wants to further discuss other "issues" mentioned in this thread, feel free to open a new thread.