@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Construction with day version: 20200911

tried a transmission with raspberry + tbs for the same using tvheadend htsp client the same crashes without audio or video. (With green screen)

I tried youtube addon same errors: locking the box, only and possible unplugging.

If you go through the audio configuration the box will fire with a noise (hum), if you select the audio correctly everything will return to normal.

Construction with day version: 20200914

error when trying to enter the libreelec repository, it is impossible to install any addon.

The errors on the screen on the usb remain, the box restarts 3 or 4 times to boot, more usb now works.

Edited once, last by erbas (September 14, 2020 at 9:01 PM).

• Pay attention. Starting from version 20200826, the configuration order for the used DTB changes.

Please note that the algorithm for initial configuration of the system for startup has changed. Instead of a file "uEnv.txt", is now used the file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf " . The rules for editing a file remain the same.

You no longer need to manually add the u-boot.ext file , it is included in the image.

Currently using LibreELEC-ARMv8.aarch64-9.80-devel-20200915125312-54b1084-amlgx.img.gz

I think this newly build has no rtl8188fu wifi driver, pls add this wifi driver, thanx in advance

• Hello,

On my 1st gen Odroid N2, LibreELEC-ARMv8.aarch64-9.80-devel-20200915062529-54b1084-amlg12.img

FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dtb

Ethernet works, but I get a different (random) MAC assigned on each boot.

(This address should be picked up from the ethernet hardware, and be the same over reboot/powercycle)

I have not seen this issue on any of my other 5.8 based loads (Armbian, Arch)

Grafting my golden dtb from these loads into Libre did not correct the issue.

dmesg enclosed: http://ix.io/2xO5

Thanks for looking. let me know how I can help further

Update: Issue resolved with 20200918 snapshot. Thank you.

Edited once, last by martyg (September 18, 2020 at 8:16 PM).

• whats about video decoding? does kodi start?

• whats about video decoding? does kodi start?

Kodi starts. Was able to play back several sample clips.

Network shares are a PITA to set up with this MAC issue, so I didn't go very far beyond that.

Many visible display glitches. Not usable for prime time yet, but looks very promising.

• Version 20200918. The kernel 5.8.10.

Please note that now all AML use a common tar file for updating.

Hi balbes150.

Please tell me,

How can I turn off at compilation such a parameter, which is designated as "Adjust display refresh rate" in the kodi?

The fact is that I tried to disable this parameter in the "appliance.xml" file. But in any case, the display frequency adjusted to match video (the screen goes blank for 2 seconds). For some reason, the LibreELEC team builds images "on start/stop" for amlogic, and for x86_64 this parameter is disabled by default. Where can it be disabled in the git (in which file, in which piece of code)?

Thank you

Edited once, last by blackride (September 18, 2020 at 1:12 PM).

• My project for today is a proper build environment so I can better explore this platform.

I have set up the build environment per the Wiki, and have successfully built the Generic-X86 load.

I am using LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20200918094144-569f834-amlg12.img as a starting point.

This Yandex image boots to Kodi on my Odroid N2, good enough to get me going.

I am using the following invocation for build:

Code
    PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=AMLG12 ARCH=aarch64 make image

Is this correct for my hardware?

The errors I am seeing (misapplied patches) suggest to me the above Yandex binaries are built from a LibreELEC.tv branch not on master.

Specifically, what GIt library is the 569f834 referring to?

• Kodi starts. Was able to play back several sample clips.

Network shares are a PITA to set up with this MAC issue, so I didn't go very far beyond that.

Many visible display glitches. Not usable for prime time yet, but looks very promising.

What MAC issue do you have?

I personally have noticed that my device is getting a non native mac address starting with 02:******. Are you experiencing this also?

What is the last kernel version where this doesn't happen?

• Hello!

I'm trying to install LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20200923122131-569f834-amlgx on Tanix TX9S box (s912 2/8 with 1gbit eth). System boots ok to GUI but without wired network (lan port blinks green periodically). Seems that u-boot cannot fully detect ethernet adapter. Also there are no wifi at all...

PS I managed to switch speed to 100mb with ethtool (by enabling kernel textmode) and lan had worked until next reboot...

PPS My bad... The lan cable is broken but autonegotiation doesn't work...

Edited 2 times, last by kspekh (October 1, 2020 at 6:28 AM).