[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• Here in Australia, I am getting 4~7Mbps from Telstra ADSL2+ with a package of $99/month (Unlimited Data)... There is no NBN, fibre, etc... available. Could not register with other providers as there is no infrastructure. Where I live is about 10 minutes to the central business district (CBD) in Sydney. So SAD for Australia internet users.

Yes I have heard as I have many relatives and freinds living in Australia and feel very sorry for you guys over there. I pay Thai Baht 963 per month (£22.30 but no idea what that is in Ozzie $ but certainly a lot less than that rip off $99 per month I am sure) and that is for 150/50 Down/Up Mbps fibre optic link and unlimited so no quota either. It is very reliable and very rare that it goes down. If there is any problem they fix it wihtin 24 hours even with a cable break. And here we are in Thailand whcih although not quite a thrid World cournty is certainly not a 1st World one for sure

You guys need to get your Government to renationaile those rip off comms companies you have over there and in the USA, or if not at least control them severely so they meet the requirements of the people, as indeed the Thai Governmetn here does. If they don't do that then just threaten to not vote for them again, that will make them sit up and pay attention for sure :)

• I'm using a Xiaomi bluetooth remote with a china amlogix s912 box.

Whenever I restart the box it forgets the pairing with the remote. How could I fix this issue?

• A S912 pre release teaser...

Still not sure what is up with the external subtitles issue. Seems a AML modded Kodi bug. I will cross check with OSMC Kodi.

All LE .tar manual updates are done by following this DIY:

Update LibreELEC [LibreELEC.wiki]

There is now a pre-release LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.tar update in the following folder:

MEGA

Kodi Krypton-AML (Google Drive)

It has improved audio, especially for DTS-HRA and now outputs HDR using a 4:2:2,10bit Chroma and bit depth for better compatibility across a whole range of displays, especially 4:2:2 only projectors.

• thanks for this update

• Hi wrxtasy,

gxm_q200_3g.dtb from Oclock-GPU-new-device-trees-S912 folder is binary equals to gxm_q200_2g.dtb which shouldn't be,

It has wrong memory setting which cause box not booting.

linux,usable-memory should be <0x0 0x100000 0x0 0xbf000000>, not <0x0 0x100000 0x0 0x3f000000>.

BTW, i was confused by the structure of Oclock-GPU-new-device-trees-S912 folder.

I was looking for a 3G ram 1G ethernet combination device tree then, so i picked up gxm_q201_3g_1gbit.dtb from 1000M-Gigabit-Ethernet folder.

However it obviouly not boot my box.

I finally realized all gxm_q200 devices equipped 1G ethernet meanwhile gxm_q201 with 100M ethernet after decompiled all dtb files.

It might be better to put gxm_q200 device trees to 1000M-Gigabit-Ethernet folder.

BRs

Ganxiao

• I've a Minux U9H and my Wifi disappeared. I reboot, and it was gone.
    I was using LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Chroma.444.img.gz but I've installed LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.tar now.
    Device tree is gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9.dtb from here

Dmesg shows:

But ip link shows:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ip link
    1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 4096 qdisc noqueue
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP8000> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel qlen 1000
    link/ether my:mc:ca:dd:rr:es:s brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

Any thoughts?

• for Video files the S912 works great with LE, better than the RK3328 ones.

But for streaming the S912 is horrible, to be honest i dont understand why it works on S905 and what AML did wrong with the S912

I understand driver missing but why AML missed it?

• CE 8.95.0 streams fine for me on my S912 VIM2. I suspect that if you are having issues with streaming then it is a problem of optimization within LE for your specific hardware.
    However the S912 chip uses a different GPU to the S905 chips, and the GPU within the S905 has been around for a lot longer than the S912 GPU so have been better optimized.

As to the potential for this new driver to revolutionize the AML box experience, I would caution that things might turn out to be a lot less exciting in reality. I point to the long and painful road that Nvida user have followed with regard to the open Source Nouveau driver and the fact that most people choose the propitiatory Nvidia driver due to it significantly better performance than Nouveau - even after years of development of the open source alternative.

Its my firm belief that ultimately AML will fall by the wayside for this application.

Shoog

• Shoog:

so you are the first one with S912 with smooth Netflix streaming or what and how are you using streaming?

which LE image you use and which settings for inputstream please?

• Shoog:

so you are the first one with S912 with smooth Netflix streaming or what and how are you using streaming?

which LE image you use and which settings for inputstream please?

Your question is specific to Netflix (which you never explicitly stated), so you better address your question to someone who uses it. There are many real time streaming services and the ones I use work fine within the limits of my broadband.

It seems that you will have to wait for a successful implementation of this open source driver before you get Netflix playback, either that or buy a S905 box. That is what I was alluding to in my previous post.

S912 netflix addon really poor playback - Hardware - CoreELEC Forums

Shoog

Edited once, last by Shoog (August 18, 2018 at 10:08 AM).