modifying mounting point of usb storage

• Hi everyone,

I'm using libreelec 8 on rasp pi 3 and it's just fine ... but i would like to use usb key as storage for my PVR recordings

Then i try to modify fstab to add a line to mount my usb key at this point : /storage/recordings but i found that fstab is empty and readonly !!

Then i make it static ?

Best regards

Stephane.

• LE's system is indeed read-only, by design.

Try adding your mount commands in autostart.sh.

Thanks i create a script to make my mount in autostart and it works smoothly.

Is there the same script as it shutdown ?
    [hr]

I use symlinks in ~ to point to my library files

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Symlinks works great for library but in my case it's for recording ... if the volume doesn't exists with symlinks you can't record ... with mount -o bind ... you always have a directory to record

Edited once, last by gkar (August 8, 2016 at 11:10 AM).

• To begin with, all those x's won't work. (just kidding...)

if you want to test your mounts, simply test them directly on the command line.

Autostart.sh should be picked up and started without the file being executable, but you could make it executable anyway:

Code
    chmod +x autostart.sh
  • i tested it and it works, but i have to do it manually, thats why i would prefer automount :D
    so all i have to do i type the mount line into the autostart.sh as i would in command line, thats all?

• i tested it and it works, but i have to do it manually, thats why i would prefer automount
    so all i have to do i type the mount line into the autostart.sh as i would in command line, thats all?

For me it went like this...

- Work out command that mounts what I want. In my case:

Code
    mount /dev/data /media/Beelinkextra/internalemmc

-Test that via ssh.
    -Make autostart.sh script.
    -Test script via ssh.

Code
    sh /storage/.config/autostart.sh post

-Reboot, find it doesn't work reliably, add short sleep to front so I ended up with:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    sleep 5;
    mount /dev/data /media/Beelinkextra/internalemmc

Edited once, last by trogggy (August 21, 2016 at 11:15 AM).